LUTV - is it really that shit?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:35 am

Tommy wrote:Ah I like Beckford, gives some good insight. Parker not so much.

He seemed to stumble over every sentence last night, I'm sure my nerves weren't entirely to blame for picking up on it.

Wandering down erm dark alleys, ah, and the thing is, ok, that's fine, but not getting to, y'know, a point where the long sentence kind of, well, delivers really, and just peters out into, well, that's what I think anyway.
Yesterday he was to commentating what Bamford is to scoring
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:53 am

Tommy wrote:
the flying pig wrote: no chromecast option.

I didn't actually get a chance to test it last night but I gather that almost anything you can have open in a tab in Google Chrome will cast.

I did test this a couple of hours before kick off, it worked reasonably well but there were regular moments where it lagged behind the same thing on the PC monitor. Hence reverting to the Mrs laptop and a hdmi cable. Both approaches worked very well for sound, half expected to be listening to the laptop speakers tester than my TV setup but the hdmi sent both picture and sound so all good (the Chromecast approach had sound from both places).

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:20 pm

Tommy wrote:Ah I like Beckford, gives some good insight. Parker not so much.

i'm probably falling into bad stereotypes here but Beckford's co-commentary style reminded me a little bit of Eddie or Norman, someone from that generation, so meek & humble, nothign at all like a guy with the best part of 100 Leeds goals under his belt. i suppose the temptation is to attribute this to his early days spent fitting windscreens? maybe a downside of this is that he finds it hard to be critical of any of the current action?

BC

Postby BC » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:14 pm

I liked Beckford, not polished in his delivery yet, but thought he was good.

Parker was like the loud bloke you'd avoid in the pub. Not a fan.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:19 pm

I think Beckford has really good insight into 'striker stuff', which is more than most pundits have. He also sounds like a really pleasant bloke. Parker is awful.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:33 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:I think Beckford has really good insight into 'striker stuff', which is more than most pundits have. He also sounds like a really pleasant bloke.

Notably pointing out that Bamford was wide right when he should’ve been causing trouble on the edge of the 6 yard box.

Delivered a shit cross, too. (Bamford, that is).
I like it. What is it?

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:35 pm

Devi wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:I think Beckford has really good insight into 'striker stuff', which is more than most pundits have. He also sounds like a really pleasant bloke.

Notably pointing out that Bamford was wide right when he should’ve been causing trouble on the edge of the 6 yard box.

I suspect the team would be doing better if JB and PB swapped roles, at least against the lesser teams.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:44 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:I think Beckford has really good insight into 'striker stuff', which is more than most pundits have. He also sounds like a really pleasant bloke. Parker is awful.

i was probably only half listening remember but remember querying something he was saying about where, as a striker, he'd want a cross playing to, i was always taught that the ideal place to cross to was the far corner of the six yard box, he seemed to be gainsaying this at one point?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:45 pm

Devi wrote:

He did slag Bamford off in a very polite way.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Ponte wrote:
Devi wrote:

He did slag Bamford off in a very polite way.

Know your audience.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:37 pm

That was the first time I've heard Bryn Law commentate without Norman :(

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:53 pm

dirty leeds wrote:https://twitter.com/BrynLaw/status/1280613216293457926

Thank fuck I read that before I shelled out for a NowTV week pass to cover both Stoke and Swansea. Cheers DL.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:53 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:https://twitter.com/BrynLaw/status/1280613216293457926

Thank fuck I read that before I shelled out for a NowTV week pass to cover both Stoke and Swansea. Cheers DL.

:thumbl:

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:57 pm

Kick off time the same on the officious, wasn't it moved for TV?
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:15 am

metalsmurf wrote:Kick off time the same on the officious, wasn't it moved for TV?

Well it was moved to Sunday because Stoke was moved to tonight. I don’t suppose there is a default time on a Sunday a la 3pm on a Saturday, so once they’d picked 1.30pm it makes sense to leave it there as there’s bound to have been some logistical plans made already.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:06 pm

i tried to pay for a day pass, couldn't buy one on site, they were only selling swansea - is that right? ended up watching a hooky stream, shame, hope it holds out.

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:11 pm

the flying pig wrote:i tried to pay for a day pass, couldn't buy one on site, they were only selling swansea - is that right? ended up watching a hooky stream, shame, hope it holds out.

Yep, me too. Had a mare trying (and failing) to activate two separate NowTV passes and gave up to buy an LUTV one and no joy either. Now watching a good Hesgoal stream (famous last words)

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:10 pm

the flying pig wrote:i tried to pay for a day pass, couldn't buy one on site, they were only selling swansea - is that right? ended up watching a hooky stream, shame, hope it holds out.

Sky games only available to season ticket holders
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:57 am

Emma's wearing her lucky.......dress
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Return to “The Square Ball”