Dingles Promotion Cyberkop

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Phil LUFC

Dingles Promotion Cyberkop

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:29 am

If no-one else wants it...

Come on Leeds! (And before that, come on Preston).

eric olthwaite

Re: Dingles Promotion Cyberkop

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:30 am

:cheers:
HM Collector Of Parcels

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:03 am

Berardi in. Kiko or Illan? COME ON LEEDS!

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:03 am

They've been better since Gerhard Struber came in and if it wasn't for their poor start they'd probably be well out of it. Thus, it's sort of a double header of a threat given that they should probably be around mid-table but are also in desperate need of a win. They're fairly good on the counterattack and have only lost once since the restart. Plus it's a Yorkshire derby, they have a smattering of ex-Leeds and we have Kalvin out, which also disrupts our defence in the sense that we have to move Ben White. Basically I'd expect this to be a bit like the Luton match but tougher.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:19 am

Tommy wrote:They've been better since Gerhard Struber came in and if it wasn't for their poor start they'd probably be well out of it. Thus, it's sort of a double header of a threat given that they should probably be around mid-table but are also in desperate need of a win. They're fairly good on the counterattack and have only lost once since the restart. Plus it's a Yorkshire derby, they have a smattering of ex-Leeds and we have Kalvin out, which also disrupts our defence in the sense that we have to move Ben White. Basically I'd expect this to be a bit like the Luton match but tougher.

The difference to Luton is a draw is not a good result for them, they're 2 points behind Luton, Hull and Wigan (if their 12 points stand), 3 behind Charlton who have a much better goal difference and 5 behind Huddersfield.

They've just failed to win any of 3 been to back relegation 6 pointers (lost to Stoke, drew with Luton and Wigan) and still have to play Forest and Brentford.

Not saying it'll be easy but anything short of 3 points is a bad result.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:26 am

Phil LUFC wrote:...Not saying it'll be easy but anything short of 3 points is a bad result.

yeah, look, even without kp we're in a superb position, 4 points needed from three games, of which two are at home against the bottom and fourth bottom clubs... Barnsleh have got everything to play for but that really shouldn't be enough.

as you say, 3 points is, y'know, vital, get it & we've got a foot & a half in the top flight, flunk it and, yeuch, the nerves could really set in...

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 am

Sick with a combination of anticipation and dread.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 am

jackos wrote:Berardi in. Kiko or Illan? COME ON LEEDS!

I will be very disappointed if Kiko plays. For football and non football reasons.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 am

Wigan, 19/20.

I'll be the one behind the sofa.
I like it. What is it?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:35 am

Devi wrote:Wigan, 19/20.

I'll be the one behind the sofa.

It'd be remiss of me not to reminisce on our third-last game from the 89/90 season, home to, well, Barnsley, who were in a decent amount of relegation danger.

The game was tense but the second half ended beautifully with a chris fairclough header, 1-0, the perfection of it [timing & execution] being such that this was the first and last time i ever heard my exceptionally mild-mannered father use the word "fuck".

The second half was an unrelenting nightmare of tension, missed chances, bad passes, and panicked clearances, with our inbred neighbours pulling it back first to 1-1 and finally and inevitably, 1-2.

On the way back I was really copiously sick out the side of the car and refused to contemplate the suggestion of going anywhere near ER for the leicester game.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:45 am

the flying pig wrote:It'd be remiss of me not to reminisce on our third-last game from the 89/90 season, home to, well, Barnsley, who were in a decent amount of relegation danger.

The game was tense but the second half ended beautifully with a chris fairclough header, 1-0, the perfection of it [timing & execution] being such that this was the first and last time i ever heard my exceptionally mild-mannered father use the word "fuck".

The second half was an unrelenting nightmare of tension, missed chances, bad passes, and panicked clearances, with our inbred neighbours pulling it back first to 1-1 and finally and inevitably, 1-2.

On the way back I was really copiously sick out the side of the car and refused to contemplate the suggestion of going anywhere near ER for the leicester game.

.....yeah. i was in the kop for that. that was peak chis fairclough :salute: i have memories of seeing the gash on his head as he went off it was that large and was surprised to see him brought back on. then when he attacked the ball fearlessly with his head to put us one up the whole team seemed invincible.

an hour later and it had all seemed to crumble into nothing. it felt dark, so very dark and empty.

thank fuck that's not all going to happen again.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:58 am

Kiko is going to fuck this up, isn't he?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:29 am

Ponte wrote:Kiko is going to fuck this up, isn't he?

Not if Bielsa doesn’t pick him.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:31 am

Cheers Phil. Looking at kenny's posts makes my eyes hurt. It's like Yorkshire Riddley Walker :)

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:35 am

I'm sure Bielsa knows best,and this has been discussed before, but moving your excellent CB to cover DM when we have cover there just speaks to his dogged intransigence.

Oh, and Come the fuck on, Leeds!

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:35 am

Matt White wrote:Cheers Phil. Looking at kenny's posts makes my eyes hurt. It's like Yorkshire Riddley Walker :)

And yet you still do it....

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:36 am

Yeboah wrote:
Matt White wrote:Cheers Phil. Looking at kenny's posts makes my eyes hurt. It's like Yorkshire Riddley Walker :)

One lives in hope. What should we rely on for this match, do you think? Luck or stats? :basket:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:56 am

Matt White wrote:
Yeboah wrote:

One lives in hope. What should we rely on for this match, do you think? Luck or stats? :basket:

Zingah-zing-aahhhhh....
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:59 pm

I've heard Pablo is serving up a Barnsley chop tomorrow. Can't wait as I'm hungry for promotion

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:28 pm

Matt White wrote:
Yeboah wrote:

As with everything.....we will need a slice of luck.

Same as Sunday when the Swans centre back didn’t cut the pass out and then actually deflected it to Pablo.

Return to “The Square Ball”