Bit early isn’t it CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Devi

Bit early isn’t it CK

Postby Devi » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:04 pm

Completely forgotten where we were with actual Leeds related stuff, but figured a CK is as good a place to talk our usual shit while we wait with bated breath to see if The Football Gods really do have it in for us or not, and whether season 19/20 will complete with our glorious championship.

So on that note, this pleases me immensely.

Season completed by 30 June.
Season 20/21 delayed if 19/20 not complete by 30 June.

WGUAFC (just some time in September, is all)

I like it. What is it?

dirty leeds

Re: Bit early isn’t it CK

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:34 pm

Devi wrote:Completely forgotten where we were with actual Leeds related stuff, but figured a CK is as good a place to talk our usual shit while we wait with bated breath to see if The Football Gods really do have it in for us or not, and whether season 19/20 will complete with our glorious championship.

So on that note, this pleases me immensely.

Season completed by 30 June.
Season 20/21 delayed if 19/20 not complete by 30 June.

WGUAFC (just some time in September, is all)

Both halves of bit in bold important. Earlier reports suggested end of June was a cut off point and that might be it. Apparently more flexible than that. That's what's needed: sensible compromises, no stupid 'lines drawn in sand' when you don't have to and an apparent willingness on all sides to try to make it happen.

Poshwhite

Postby Poshwhite » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:08 pm

Not all rosy though. Don’t player contracts run to 30 June? If season not completed by 30 June, what happens to loanees? Anyone see BHAFC extending Ben White for a couple of weeks? What happens with Jackie Haradonna? What happens with Spiderboy’s loan if he’s not hit 10 games?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:14 pm

Poshwhite wrote:Not all rosy though. Don’t player contracts run to 30 June? If season not completed by 30 June, what happens to loanees? Anyone see BHAFC extending Ben White for a couple of weeks? What happens with Jackie Haradonna? What happens with Spiderboy’s loan if he’s not hit 10 games?

Fair point but various talking heads on t'radio today have been talking this down as a serious problem. Talk of short-term extensions to preserve the season as it is. Wasn't specified how this might work - which, of course, is the bit we need to hear. Anyone else catch more?

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:42 pm

All the top champ clubs have loans, can we do without White, Harrison, Meslier and co batter than Fulham, Baggies etc.?

It would only be 3 or 4 games right?
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:42 pm

Poshwhite wrote:Not all rosy though. Don’t player contracts run to 30 June? If season not completed by 30 June, what happens to loanees? Anyone see BHAFC extending Ben White for a couple of weeks? What happens with Jackie Haradonna? What happens with Spiderboy’s loan if he’s not hit 10 games?

Loans should be easy, if the window doesn't open until the season is complete they can't play for anyone else anyway so auto extension should be straight forward - can't imagine they'll leave this up to the parent clubs given the high number of players impacted but if so, they loaned them out for a reason, to get games. There's just no way Ben White would be able to play for BHA in their last few games.

Contracts maybe more complicated, some players may refuse to sign a short term deal and be without a club until the window next opens, especially those with something already lined up.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:53 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:All the top champ clubs have loans, can we do without White, Harrison, Meslier and co batter than Fulham, Baggies etc.?

It would only be 3 or 4 games right?

Are Harrison and Meslier ours of we want? White would be a blow

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:51 am

Phil LUFC wrote:Contracts maybe more complicated, some players may refuse to sign a short term deal and be without a club until the window next opens, especially those with something already lined up.

Wouldn’t those players been (rightly) seen as pariahs (put politely), aiming to cash in on the Coronapostponement? And would we want any player representing us for even minutes, if they were so apparently keen not to? (Exhibit A: S. Saiz)
I reckon it’d do far more harm to their reputation than to our chances if they refused what’d clearly be as easy an extension clause as for loanees, especially if FIFA/UEFA/FA give some sort of directive as part of their new arrangements (ie on transfer windows)
I like it. What is it?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:53 am

There are still the rules about how many times a player can be loaned over ‘a season’. If the season is ongoing, surely those would still apply.

We don’t actually know what the written terms of loan contracts say: if there’s anything about ‘for a full season’ or ‘the remainder of the season’ maybe that will override specific dates. Don’t panic yet.
HM Collector Of Parcels

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:00 am

So many clubs have loan players in their squads that this would have to be addressed. A clause allowing a loan extension to season end would sort it.

alienbumnote

Postby alienbumnote » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:54 am

WRT to the loans I guess the smaller clubs with lower incomes will be starting to feel the pain of "no games = no income scenario" so extending loans maybe a way of maximising revenues.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:04 am

Devi wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:Contracts maybe more complicated, some players may refuse to sign a short term deal and be without a club until the window next opens, especially those with something already lined up.

Wouldn’t those players been (rightly) seen as pariahs (put politely), aiming to cash in on the Coronapostponement? And would we want any player representing us for even minutes, if they were so apparently keen not to? (Exhibit A: S. Saiz)
I reckon it’d do far more harm to their reputation than to our chances if they refused what’d clearly be as easy an extension clause as for loanees, especially if FIFA/UEFA/FA give some sort of directive as part of their new arrangements (ie on transfer windows)

Yep, most likely, but I'm thinking about the situations where they may not care. I doubt we'd have a problem with Berardi. I think it's likely FIFA or UEFA would mandate the short term contracts being offered, on flat terms but I don't see how any player can be forced to agree to the terms. Loans are simpler, providing the player is under contract at the parent club, then dates including purchase clauses could be moved on.

I guess the ones I'm thinking of are the ones where pre-contract terms are already done, hefty pay rise, new club putting pressure on to avoid risking injury (and depending on how they approach the last few games the risk of injury may be higher). I'm also thinking clubs who've had shit seasons lower down the pyramid, have about 10 players out of contract, none of which are likely to be retained, where the players may reasonably think "fuck this".

Ontolly

Bit early isn’t it CK

Postby Ontolly » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:59 pm

I’d arranged to sneak out of work early tonight for the Fulham game.

I was fully expecting us to fuck them over with the understanding it would be the last game for a while.

Corona cunt

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 pm

One up on FIFA lads.... Starting to believe
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:59 pm

We’re one nil up against Fulham on the FIFA20 thing the club are currently running on their Twitter feed. Pablo the scorer.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:21 pm

:cheers: Finished 2-0 Harrison got the second WGUAFC
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

FER

Postby FER » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:24 pm

Graham Smyth reporting on the Mark Viduka show from 2000 like it's a live match.
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:22 pm

I think, for the time of the next postponed LUFC game, we should have the CK and just make it up as we go along.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:24 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I think, for the time of the next postponed LUFC game, we should have the CK and just make it up as we go along.

Luton game? I won't be able to participate in the CK as I have tickets.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:04 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I think, for the time of the next postponed LUFC game, we should have the CK and just make it up as we go along.

No point. We all know it's gonna be an Izzy Brown hattrick.

Return to “The Square Ball”