Kiko's Race Is Run: Leeds v Reading CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Kiko's Race Is Run: Leeds v Reading CK

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:59 am

Our keeper's last game before the FA says he must take a break?

And Klich's 82nd consecutive appearance.

Going to be gusts up to 50mph around Elland Road today. Not that Reading manager Mark Bowen has been letting the wind get up him:

[From the YEP]

Reading boss Mark Bowen has spoken about the privilege of facing Marcelo Bielsa at Leeds United.
The Royals boss believes it's the intensity with which Marcelo Bielsa's United play that marks them out as a unique Championship test and an example to follow if you have a certain type of player in your ranks, a player with the athleticism and fitness demanded by Leeds' Argentine head coach.

Bowen, while content with the kind of player he has in his squad, admits Leeds are a team to aspire to because they are a team to fear.
"The thing that stands them out above anyone else in the league is the intensity they play at," he said.
"When you play them away from home they're probably the most difficult side in the division to play against with the questions they ask of you and the intensity they play at and the organisation Bielsa has got.
"Of course you'd love to get there in an ideal world but sometimes you can only get there with a different personnel of player.
"They might have a midfielder who runs harder and faster than John Swift but they won't have his ability so it's about getting that balance. As a coach I'd much rather work with him than someone who can just run up and down - that's not doing them a disservice because they do more than that.
"You aspire to be a team who others fear playing against and that's what they are."

Bowen is complimentary of his opposite number at Elland Road and calls it a 'privilege' to try and out-think the former Chile boss, with whom he has some history.
"I came up against him once before with Wales," said Bowen, who was a member of Mark Hughes' coaching staff.
"We had the privilege of seeing him work as a coach in an international environment and I was very impressed with how he went about his work.
"He's carried that on and has a rich history behind him. Pitting our wits against him is a privilege but we have to try and do the right things."
He is expecting his Royals to come under pressure in open play, which is a problem every side who has have travelled to Elland Road this season has had to try and overcome.
"They've not had a fantastic run of late but looking at the stats they produce they ask questions of any team playing them and the fact they haven't won those games is more down to lack of concentration or a goalkeeping mistake," he said.
"In general play they will put us under pressure. Certain things have to fall into place for us."

Vampire

Re: Kiko's Race Is Run: Leeds v Reading CK

Postby Vampire » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:05 am

Good opening post DL.

Come on Leeds
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:13 am

1-0 will do for me. Don't care who scores it.
Andymac

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:25 am

Spending the morning with the Brighouse and Rastrick band blasting out on Spotify, proper bloody music, this.
Gets you right in the mood for a stonking victory.
No nested quituplets, though, love to hear them have a crack at Peaches en Regalia.

COME ON YE WHITES!
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Leeds0269

Postby Leeds0269 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:29 am

At the game today, hoping for a win. Last 2 games I've been to with my lad have been disappointing (Preston and Wigan)...
Been away from posting for too long, but still been lingering around like a bad fart.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:37 am

Would be nice for Pat to get one and Jackie Harrison
2-0
Lets have it Leeds!
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:38 am

I was surprised to find that Reading's away record is very good and far better than their home performances, as I had them down as good at home but poor travellers. Usual request - early goal followed by more.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:40 am

Leeds0269 wrote:At the game today, hoping for a win. Last 2 games I've been to with my lad have been disappointing (Preston and Wigan)...

If we lose or draw you realise it’s all on you now!

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:41 am

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:43 am

have some proper music, FM brass bands WTF

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:47 am

watch 2.10 in, get this fker on the pitch at least he can the target!

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:53 am

Mustafaster wrote:Spending the morning with the Brighouse and Rastrick band blasting out on Spotify, proper bloody music, this.

I’ve long had Saddleworth Whit Friday bands contest on my bucket list, but never quite got round to it. Moors, ale and bands. What more could you want?
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:05 pm

They really don't fancy this, their fans. Was speaking with one the other day who was so unconfident about their chances that he made me sure we'd Leeds it up.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Leeds0269

Postby Leeds0269 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
Leeds0269 wrote:At the game today, hoping for a win. Last 2 games I've been to with my lad have been disappointing (Preston and Wigan)...

If we lose or draw you realise it’s all on you now!

I'll blame the lad, already told him if we lose I wont take him to any more games.
Been away from posting for too long, but still been lingering around like a bad fart.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:15 pm

Heard a suggestion that Kiko won't play today, banned or not, because he hasn't trained the last couple of days, being down in Wembley giving evidence. No idea if there's any truth to it.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:17 pm

Blackwhite wrote:They really don't fancy this, their fans. Was speaking with one the other day who was so unconfident about their chances that he made me sure we'd Leeds it up.

Bowen playin possem & managing expectations, these are no mugs.
Cant believe Kiko will start after the distressing week, where his training must have been disrupted, he been off form & his head has not been there recently.
Team spirit & backing Kiko is not as big as winning the game, side before self an all that, hes been a liabilty even called out by Bowen as the reason for the recent slump

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:33 pm

Won't happen but Shakleton could start, keep Pablo fresh against Boro cant play 2 two games in 3 days
Reading don't have much to play for they aint getting in to playoffs, with arguable easier games v Wigan & Barnsley whom they need to put away to stay comfortably mid table safe.
Then a money spinner FA cup tie home to the Blunts
bbc:
Injury concerns over winger Masika, struggling with a stomach upset; Jordan Obita (ankle) and Pele (groin) have overcome minor injuries and are available.
Going to be long defense grind, good opportunity for Shacks, Pov & big dick to get game time

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:34 pm

3-0

Bamford
White
Harrison

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:05 pm

I’m tried to feel winny, still not 100% convinced. Feeling a bit Klichy on the scoring front though.
HM Collector Of Parcels

ChinaWhite

Postby ChinaWhite » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:59 pm

I’m going full Moscow. Teams around us now dropping points and we will start to take advantage of this like we did in that run before the Cardiff game.

2-0, Bamford 2 yarder and Klich.

Return to “The Square Ball”