The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:33 am

1 game at a time but it's essential we get back to back wins, get a run going.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:34 am

MightyWhite wrote:With regards the run in I’d say away games at Boro, Cardiff, Swansea, Blackburn and Derby are legitimately tough - like, maybe 50/50 in terms of winning prospects.

That said we’re essentially two games ahead of the pack now when you take GD into account, if we can still be there in 11 games time...



Nah, I was talking about playing other teams in the top seven - and designating them as 'harder' because after 33 games those are the teams who have proved they are more difficult to handle. They just are.
I am NOT saying it's easy to go to [say] Cardiff or Boro, but it is, on balance, a better prospect than being away at West Brom, Fulham or Brentford. And my point was, the other sides have to do the 'top seven' thing more often than we do for the rest of the season - especially Fulham.

There is no such thing as an easy game in this league, we all know that. But there are - on paper - easier games than others. And our schedule includes more of them than anyone else in the top seven. It's just a fact.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:49 am

dirty leeds wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:With regards the run in I’d say away games at Boro, Cardiff, Swansea, Blackburn and Derby are legitimately tough - like, maybe 50/50 in terms of winning prospects.

That said we’re essentially two games ahead of the pack now when you take GD into account, if we can still be there in 11 games time...



Nah, I was talking about playing other teams in the top seven - and designating them as 'harder' because after 33 games those are the teams who have proved they are more difficult to handle. They just are.
I am NOT saying it's easy to go to [say] Cardiff or Boro, but it is, on balance, a better prospect than being away at West Brom, Fulham or Brentford. And my point was, the other sides have to do the 'top seven' thing more often than we do for the rest of the season - especially Fulham.

There is no such thing as an easy game in this league, we all know that. But there are - on paper - easier games than others. And our schedule includes more of them than anyone else in the top seven. It's just a fact.

It is.
Crazy division, very unpredictable and no easy wins for anybody.
But the way things are panning out, all our nearest rivals have to play each other, and they can't all win.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:54 am

Haven't looked at previous years but it feels more bunched.

Feels like it could be mid 80s for top 2.

User avatar
SmithyHK
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: Asia

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby SmithyHK » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:04 am

MightyWhite wrote:
With regards the run in I’d say away games at Boro, Cardiff, Swansea, Blackburn and Derby are legitimately tough - like, maybe 50/50 in terms of winning prospects.

That said we’re essentially two games ahead of the pack now when you take GD into account, if we can still be there in 11 games time...


Aye, excepting Brentford’s huge GD surplus. Seeing them drop a few games soon would be v useful
Death to the Unbelievers

User avatar
Matt White
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:34 pm
Location: God's own Essex

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Matt White » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:05 am

Mustafaster wrote:We regain control of midfield?
But did we we ever really lose it?
We were never really outplayed by the likes of Wigan or Cardiff.


You're kidding, right? When White was depping for KP our midfield was paper thin and bypassed at will.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Quiffy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:33 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Tommy wrote:I’m not sure I’ve seen him win a header yet. If someone can provide evidence of him actually jumping in a Leeds shirt I’ll be surprised. Still not sure what he is at this point, though I have a sneaking suspicion that his strength might be shooting. If he actually gets a free shot on goal at some point I reckon it’ll be hard to stop.

I don't think he has won one but I quite enjoyed his first attempt yesterday, limbs everywhere, nowhere near winning the dual, barely got off the ground, but the CB still something more to deal with than just clearing it. I want to see his shot back, looked a decent effort to me, good movement to make the space for the cut back, find well be KP but not sure how clear a sight of goal he had, maybe he should have hit the target, maybe he only had a small area to hit and was unfortunate.

the replay showed it should have been a corner, as it glanced off the defenders leg, otherwise it would have been on target. it was good to see a shot being taken so quickly.

based on such glimpses i reckon once big kev gets one he'll get a few, given the right opportunities. he looks to be learning the patterns of play better, sometimes dropping off the defenders to the ball, but he still likes to play on the shoulder and seems to be looking to use his pace to get on balls played between and behind the defenders, balls we very rarely make, normally choosing to play it wide instead. as such i reckon we need to change a bit tactically to get the best out of him.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:04 pm

Quiffy wrote:based on such glimpses i reckon once big kev gets one he'll get a few, given the right opportunities. he looks to be learning the patterns of play better, sometimes dropping off the defenders to the ball, but he still likes to play on the shoulder and seems to be looking to use his pace to get on balls played between and behind the defenders, balls we very rarely make, normally choosing to play it wide instead. as such i reckon we need to change a bit tactically to get the best out of him.


You'd have thought that we have several players who can feed him the balls he requires. It's only for 15-20 mins at the end, for fuck's sake.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Yeboah » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:06 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Haven't looked at previous years but it feels more bunched.

Feels like it could be mid 80s for top 2.


Nah, no one has managed 2 points a game after 33 games so far. If Fulham now do it (or more) it would be very much an outlier and not expected.

13 x 2 = 26

+56 = 82

82 will do it, maybe 81

The data stats guys the YEP quoted said 81 was second this year.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Yeboah » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Matt White wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:We regain control of midfield?
But did we we ever really lose it?
We were never really outplayed by the likes of Wigan or Cardiff.


You're kidding, right? When White was depping for KP our midfield was paper thin and bypassed at will.


You must have been watching a different game

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Yeboah » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:08 pm

MightyWhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:It feels like a corner has been turned, and maybe it has...


Yes, I think so too. We built up a cushion during the previous 'easy' run, pretty much lost it all during the difficult fixtures, and now face a long run-in with only Fulham at home and maybe Derby away that - on paper - qualify as harder games. It does feel like Brentford and yesterday saw us regain our composure.

At the moment, JKA doesn't feel like he's anywhere near as dangerous a player as Eddie was, coming on for the last 20. If he can bag one next match and we can sort out how to use his abilities properly - he's nowt like Bamford, obvs - then maybe he will be worth having around.
We have a real chance now.


With regards the run in I’d say away games at Boro, Cardiff, Swansea, Blackburn and Derby are legitimately tough - like, maybe 50/50 in terms of winning prospects.

That said we’re essentially two games ahead of the pack now when you take GD into account, if we can still be there in 11 games time...


Agree but we can lose those 5, all of them.

Need 6/7 wins from the other 8

User avatar
Matt White
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:34 pm
Location: God's own Essex

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Matt White » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:01 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Matt White wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:We regain control of midfield?
But did we we ever really lose it?
We were never really outplayed by the likes of Wigan or Cardiff.


You're kidding, right? When White was depping for KP our midfield was paper thin and bypassed at will.


You must have been watching a different game


Two and a half games really, and I stand by that.

User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Tycipa » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:17 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Tycipa wrote:
Quiffy wrote:he's like a hinge

This, very much this. Very astute observation Quiffy.


And Kalvin is the Bracket.

Bloody hell DL, Hinge and Bracket - I’d forgotten all about them. In this day and age someone could photoshop a horror image of those two gay dears with Pablo’s and Kalvin’s faces. A niche and frightening thought.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Quiffy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:19 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Quiffy wrote:based on such glimpses i reckon once big kev gets one he'll get a few, given the right opportunities. he looks to be learning the patterns of play better, sometimes dropping off the defenders to the ball, but he still likes to play on the shoulder and seems to be looking to use his pace to get on balls played between and behind the defenders, balls we very rarely make, normally choosing to play it wide instead. as such i reckon we need to change a bit tactically to get the best out of him.


You'd have thought that we have several players who can feed him the balls he requires. It's only for 15-20 mins at the end, for fuck's sake.

i meant just change the tactic of feeding it out wide when we get near the box, though you might see us looking for balls over/through a bit earlier in the build up. i didn't mean change the players!

with our run of games being predominantly against teams lower down the league we're going to face plenty of teams who'll just sit deep and pack their defences, the sort of teams we struggle against, we're going to need to do something different against these teams, so that's when kev might come into his own.

bielsa spends ages analysing the opposition, so the idea that our tactics are exactly the same each game is nonsense. the basic formations don't really change, but there will smaller changes to tactics each game.

(dunno if you noticed in the first 10 minutes against brentford we played 2 or 3 long balls straight up field, it was most unbielsa like, but was probably designed to stop their defence pushing up so far and stick doubts in their minds)
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby welshwhite » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:23 pm

As we're now getting to the business part of the season most teams will have something to play for, maybe an outside chance of a playoff spot or some are scrapping to get clear of relegation.

Now more than ever there will be no easy games - the chances of any team getting a ratio of two points per game are slim to say the least.

On current form it's hard to pick any side capable of keeping up that type of run.

User avatar
metalsmurf
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Littleborough, Gtr Scumland

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:08 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Tycipa wrote:
Quiffy wrote:he's like a hinge

This, very much this. Very astute observation Quiffy.


And Kalvin is the Bracket.

:salute: One for the kids.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Quiffy wrote:i meant just change the tactic of feeding it out wide when we get near the box, though you might see us looking for balls over/through a bit earlier in the build up. i didn't mean change the players!

with our run of games being predominantly against teams lower down the league we're going to face plenty of teams who'll just sit deep and pack their defences, the sort of teams we struggle against, we're going to need to do something different against these teams, so that's when kev might come into his own.

bielsa spends ages analysing the opposition, so the idea that our tactics are exactly the same each game is nonsense. the basic formations don't really change, but there will smaller changes to tactics each game.

(dunno if you noticed in the first 10 minutes against brentford we played 2 or 3 long balls straight up field, it was most unbielsa like, but was probably designed to stop their defence pushing up so far and stick doubts in their minds)


That's what I meant too. Same as you.

User avatar
Oheddieeddie
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Tacky with sweat and poisonous particulates.

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:22 pm

Bamford Chance





Eddies Boots
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:07 am
Location: Arizona

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Eddies Boots » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:46 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Bamford Chance





yes
when you look at the way the ball comes to him, his position and that of the keeper... has to be in his top 3 of the season.
but it did not cost us, so just one for the highlight reel

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The Kiko Casilla Storm Brewing Cyberkop

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:19 pm

Eddies Boots wrote:yes
when you look at the way the ball comes to him, his position and that of the keeper... has to be in his top 3 of the season.
but it did not cost us, so just one for the lowlight reel

FTFY
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests