Lahndaners / dahn sarfers

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Lahndaners / dahn sarfers

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:22 am

Chaps - mainly addressed at those cunts amongst you with whom I've assembled at various aways, but also any others living down here.

Idle thought given the difficulty of buying tickets: suppose say eight or ten of us got together and bought two STs to share next season? Questions of challenge (as wankers say, in my world):

- Does the club allow transferable sharing (or do they notice, if not)?
- I reckon I'd be up for 4 or 5 home games a season if the chance was easily there. Do we think we'd be able to agree an amenable allocations policy for splitting / sharing?

We could also use them to obtain aways. The OS says there's likely to be a waiting list for next season (def if we go up), but I just wanted to check views before anything gets announced.
HM Collector Of Parcels

dirty leeds

Re: Lahndaners / dahn sarfers

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Good idea, but unfortunately I'm out as I can't afford it just now.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:03 pm

I'm not sure whether transferring season tickets is 'allowed' but it's definitely not actively punished unless the person borrowing the season ticket does something stupid.

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:12 pm

I might be up for that.
Know any way of jumping the allegedly not insignificant queue to acquire them? :-/
I like it. What is it?

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:14 pm

On a related note, might we assemble more regularly even for TV games? I believe Dirty has a suitable mate might host us... ;-)

(Failing that venue, there’s always an assortment of pubs, often quite decent in this neck of the woods)
I like it. What is it?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:24 pm

Devi wrote:On a related note, might we assemble more regularly even for TV games? I believe Dirty has a suitable mate might host us... ;-)

(Failing that venue, there’s always an assortment of pubs, often quite decent in this neck of the woods)

dunno. for whatever reason for a big away game it's not unheard of to get 50+ leeds fans in the alexandra, clapham.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:26 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Devi wrote:On a related note, might we assemble more regularly even for TV games? I believe Dirty has a suitable mate might host us... ;-)

dunno. for whatever reason for a big away game it's not unheard of to get 50+ leeds fans in the alexandra, clapham.

Really? I didn't know that.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:29 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Chaps - mainly addressed at those cunts amongst you with whom I've assembled at various aways, but also any others living down here.

Idle thought given the difficulty of buying tickets: suppose say eight or ten of us got together and bought two STs to share next season? Questions of challenge (as wankers say, in my world):

- Does the club allow transferable sharing (or do they notice, if not)?
- I reckon I'd be up for 4 or 5 home games a season if the chance was easily there. Do we think we'd be able to agree an amenable allocations policy for splitting / sharing?

We could also use them to obtain aways. The OS says there's likely to be a waiting list for next season (def if we go up), but I just wanted to check views before anything gets announced.

only 19 home fixtures in the PL, i think i'd be in for say a couple of games. would need to be weekend. might be logistically difficult to work out, though it very much feels like something that must have been attempted before, by other fans of other clubs, i bet there might be some clever ways to do it. if it were viable i would be happy to forego all the premium fixtures [big six, crunch games, whatever] in favour of having say a bit of flexibility/first pick for t'others.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:31 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
the flying pig wrote:

Really? I didn't know that.

yeah. maybe even a hundred for the derby PO second leg disaster.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:29 pm

I can only make a couple of home games a season, cos I'm a plastic glory hunter. But I'd be interested in something like that. Even if the ST thing doesn't come off there must be several London Leeds pubs, I'd have thought.

Return to “The Square Ball”