Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
thestraw

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby thestraw » Wed May 15, 2019 9:53 am

Vampire wrote:Interesting stat I read today:

No team has ever lost a home play off in the 2nd tier and progressed to the final.

Hope that cheers everyone up.

Nope. It actually worries me more. Aren’t we the first team to miss out on automatic, having been top at xmas?
#MOT #GAWA

Blackwhite

Re: Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 15, 2019 10:48 am

My breakfast tastes like ashes :pale:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed May 15, 2019 9:32 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:If Pontus is fit on Wednesday he needs to play.

It's been a while and this may not come as a surprise but I disagree 100% with this statement. I love Pontus but he's the exact opposite of a big game player, he can do his best work (motivating his team mates) from the bench.

Hate to say I told you so.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed May 15, 2019 9:47 pm

Yeboah wrote:Against a top 6 team,away, they don’t have a shot on target and you want to change the back 4?

I know you’re very rarely right, but that’s a new standard......even for you

A rare mistake from bielsa tonight which has proved costly.

That's surely the end for beradi now. A liability time and time again.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed May 15, 2019 9:51 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Against a top 6 team,away, they don’t have a shot on target and you want to change the back 4?

I know you’re very rarely right, but that’s a new standard......even for you

A rare mistake from bielsa tonight which has proved costly.

That's surely the end for beradi now. A liability time and time again.

So the other CB is involved in a mix up and then miskicks the clearance, then gives away a penalty with an obvious pull.

...and you want to drop Berardi?

Clueless....

Good job Dallas didn’t have a really good game or you’d look really stupid.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed May 15, 2019 9:54 pm

He got a red card for 2 footed tackle in the middle of the pitch when the game was level and he was already on the booking.

You got it wrong.

Cooper was crap tonight too but beradi lost control when we were back in the game.

It's not the first time but it should be the last.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed May 15, 2019 9:56 pm

Ding - ding - ding, round #79.

Love it :salute:

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed May 15, 2019 9:58 pm

welshwhite wrote:Ding - ding - ding, round #79.

It's already finished. Like beradi.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 pm

The next time Reality is right about a player, any player will be the first

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Mr Reality wrote:

Can't fault his commitment, gives 100% every game, we need more like him.

His temperament has spoilt his 'Andy Hughes' legend status, it's a shame.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed May 15, 2019 10:06 pm

welshwhite wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Can't fault his commitment, gives 100% every game, we need more like him.

His temperament has spoilt his legend status, it's a shame.

:lol:

You make me smile. While some posters are abusive and then unable accept their errors you bring joy to this board.

At least Phil will likely admit that he called it wrong.

Leeds0269

Postby Leeds0269 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:26 pm

That's nonsense about Beradi. Most of the game he was bang on. Shit and soft booking for first yellow which was barely even a foul, certainly not a yellow card. Second one was AFTER three fouls against him as he tried to win ball back. Ref should have blown way before then as there was fuck all advantage. Did any of the previous fouls in that passage of play get penalised? Did they fuck!

Anyone who says otherwise is clearly fucking clueless and has never kicked a ball in their life.
Been away from posting for too long, but still been lingering around like a bad fart.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed May 15, 2019 10:34 pm

Watch it back and you see will they are challenges which one is due to beradis horrendous touch they were not fouls. It's no surprise that the derby players were swarming him they will know he's prone to that type of reaction. Then he goes two footed it's a joke but not a surprise.

Definition of insanity is doing the doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

When the pressure was on beradi couldn't handle it.

7 red cards. Surely that's a record.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:If Pontus is fit on Wednesday he needs to play.

It's been a while and this may not come as a surprise but I disagree 100% with this statement. I love Pontus but he's the exact opposite of a big game player, he can do his best work (motivating his team mates) from the bench.

Hate to say I told you so.

Commented on the other thread before seeing this. He wasn't having a bad game until that moment, was fouled immediately before creating the situation but I do agree it was particularly stupid of him. I still maintain he deserved to keep his place but I did want Jansson on at half time to counter their move to 2 up front more effectively/deal with the stuff Cooper/Kiko/Berardi failed to - worryingly suspect to lofted balls into that space between keeper and defenders.

EDIT: I haven't seen it back and have just read your above post. Fair enough until I see it I guess. I didn't see it as 2 footed in real time but certainly deserving of a yellow and I did definitely think he'd been fouled at least once but it's never easy to be certain from the stands.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Commented on the other thread before seeing this. He wasn't having a bad game until that moment, was fouled immediately before creating the situation but I do agree it was particularly stupid of him. I still maintain he deserved to keep his place but I did want Jansson on at half time to counter their move to 2 up front more effectively/deal with the stuff Cooper/Kiko/Berardi failed to - worryingly suspect to lofted balls into that space between keeper and defenders.

EDIT: I haven't seen it back and have just read your above post. Fair enough until I see it I guess. I didn't see it as 2 footed in real time but certainly deserving of a yellow and I did definitely think he'd been fouled at least once but it's never easy to be certain from the stands.

I know I went tonight first game of the season. I'm a glory hunting cunt.

Blame me for the loss. :lol:

Ontolly

Double, double, toil and trouble, we're gonna burst Fat Frank's bubble CK: Parts 1 and 2

Postby Ontolly » Thu May 16, 2019 12:07 am

Just got in can’t be arsed with any football now for a few months can’t be arsed reading any of the thread. Pissed off I’ll be watching Luton next year not Liverpool.

Have a nice summer.

Leeds0269

Postby Leeds0269 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:04 am

Mr Reality wrote:Watch it back and you see will they are challenges which one is due to beradis horrendous touch they were not fouls. It's no surprise that the derby players were swarming him they will know he's prone to that type of reaction. Then he goes two footed it's a joke but not a surprise.

Definition of insanity is doing the doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

When the pressure was on beradi couldn't handle it.

7 red cards. Surely that's a record.

Disengenious. You're basing it primarily on previous seasons. How many of those reds in the last 12 months? The answer is one, from tonight which was completely down to poor ref decisions.

I've watched that passage of play about 8 times in a row now; none of it deserved a yellow card.

The only reason Berardi could ever get a yellow for that, is purely down to the piss poor low offence level for yellows the inept ref had set for this game. It was slightly reckless but I've seen worse challenges tonight go unpunished. We saw a 2 footed challenge in the first leg from Derby with nothing.

The referee was a massive liability and made a rod for his own back with the early yellows. If he doesn't get a negative review for that game from the ref board and a relegation I'd be gobsmacked, his decision making was shockingly biased and inconsistent with the game. WAY too many excessive yellow cards for things I'd barely even call foul play. Yeah, I'm FA qualified btw.
Been away from posting for too long, but still been lingering around like a bad fart.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu May 16, 2019 5:10 am

Ridiculous.

He has done well with discipline this season in the few games he has played (about 10) but when the pressure was on he cracked.

It was level at that point in the middle of the pitch he two footed somebody when already on a yellow. Complete lack of professionalism and then the tough guy routine was in full effect.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Thu May 16, 2019 6:53 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Ridiculous.

He has done well with discipline this season in the few games he has played (about 10) but when the pressure was on he cracked.

It was level at that point in the middle of the pitch he two footed somebody when already on a yellow. Complete lack of professionalism and then the tough guy routine was in full effect.

Got to agree with you again, this is getting weird :D
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu May 16, 2019 7:24 pm

i was at the match and normally like to come home and rattle off some thoughts. it's always enjoyable to start the barneys/healthy debate. instead i came home had a big glass of whisky, went to bed and slept.

as i said earlier i could see leeds fucking it up, i just didn't expect it to be in such a dramatic way, at least i've made £27.50 from using my general fear as a leeds fan. being at the match doesn't give you a second view on anything useful, so everyone watching on the telly, all cunts by the way, will know more than me, so there is little point commenting except bamford arguably should have had a pen in the first half when he got a yellow, and his overall game was was good for that first 45 minutes, but people need a scapegoat.

i did think we were going to go on and win it after we got our goal back, we played our best stuff then, we finally looked like things had clicked and we'd be ok. before then derby seemed to have the better players, they looked dangerous all game, normally needing two of our lot to nail one of their fancy dans. pablo had a mare, every pass was off until that 10 minute spell before bacardi went 100% proof. god we miss samu saiz, the space he creates for the others by being impossible to nick the ball off is priceless, flies round the proverbial, just makes everyone else's games so much easier. their equivalent was mount and wilson who we struggled to get the ball off.

anyway, i'm nearly over it now, we are leeds after all, this sort of thing happens, we just need to make sure marcelo stays and then the progress we have made this season isn't all in vain.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Return to “The Square Ball”