GIEFEU Pt 1 (of 3) CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
welshwhite

Re: GIEFEU Pt 1 (of 3) CK

Postby welshwhite » Sun May 05, 2019 9:09 pm

jackos wrote:
welshwhite wrote:Would starting Shackelton and Clarke really be so bad when you see the regular 6/10 players in front of them.

Clarke has been a shadow of the player he was earlier in.the season since his injury, bugger knows why Shacks hasn't been given more time, would rather have him on than Forshaw at the moment.

True, Clarke has lost his magic touch, he's the closest thing we have to Saiz though.
I've said it before, we've become predictable and easy to play against, Clarke can offer us the little bit of unpredictability that we're lacking.

One moment of magic is all that's needed in the close games coming up.
We've got nothing to lose if you don't count the 170 million quid :thumbl:

As Henry Ford once said "If it's fucked, repair it"

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun May 05, 2019 10:07 pm

jackos wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:Wait till you hear how incensed I am still about us letting Frankie Gray go to forest

We had no choice but to let Saiz go. The mistake was not replacing him. Would James have made a massive difference? We'll never know.

There isn't the budget.

Rob

Postby Rob » Sun May 05, 2019 11:06 pm

Our opposition in the play offs should quite simply shut up shop. It's a guarantee of progression for them. We'll miss every chance going and of course then fail to score at all in a penalty shoot out. Bah humbug

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon May 06, 2019 7:05 am

Rob wrote:Our opposition in the play offs should quite simply shut up shop. It's a guarantee of progression for them. We'll miss every chance going and of course then fail to score at all in a penalty shoot out. Bah humbug

Yeah this has been my quiet expectation for about five games now.

Without the outlet or the incisive striking option (bye Patrick!) It's an effective gambit most of the time.

Losing to ten farmers ffs...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

tuo

Postby tuo » Mon May 06, 2019 8:46 am

welshwhite wrote:
jackos wrote:
welshwhite wrote:Would starting Shackelton and Clarke really be so bad when you see the regular 6/10 players in front of them.

Clarke has been a shadow of the player he was earlier in.the season since his injury, bugger knows why Shacks hasn't been given more time, would rather have him on than Forshaw at the moment.

True, Clarke has lost his magic touch, he's the closest thing we have to Saiz though.
I've said it before, we've become predictable and easy to play against, Clarke can offer us the little bit of unpredictability that we're lacking.

One moment of magic is all that's needed in the close games coming up.
We've got nothing to lose if you don't count the 170 million quid :thumbl:

As Henry Ford once said "If it's fucked, repair it"

What the fuck would you know about magic Welsh?!
expect nothing-ACCEPT EVERYTHING.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon May 06, 2019 9:38 am

tuo wrote:
What the fuck would you know about magic Welsh?!

Well you'd know you daft twat, you've been mesmerised by it many times.

"How the fuck did you do that, Welsh".
"Tell me please"

Fuck off!

tuo

Postby tuo » Mon May 06, 2019 12:39 pm

No no George it's your sense of direction that I've been mesmerised with...I asked the same questions mind."How the fuck did you manage that George" as I recall that was the question I asked when you got lost moving from the safety of the Comfort Inn to the train station
expect nothing-ACCEPT EVERYTHING.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Tue May 07, 2019 9:06 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I have as little faith in our prospects as you’d expect.

Winning would obviously be pleasant. Failing that and as a backup option I’d like to see some form of grotesquely unfair refereeing or shithousing take us past FL’s DC.

I honestly think I’d take finishing 7th over losing to Derby and having to suffer Alan Brazil, Colin and the rest bleating about spygate and ‘justice being done’ or whatever.

Word of advice – don’t listen to Alan Brazil.
#MOT #GAWA

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Tue May 07, 2019 9:09 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:Is anyone ready to admit that the difference in the second half of the season is that our best player for unlocking a defence has gone (NB*.not Lewis Baker)

Teams play with a massed defence against us and we have to unpick it. We had 2 players who could do that, now we only have one which makes us predictable, and easy to defend against. Players like Saiz come along very rarely but they are the difference. Albeit at a higher level Cantona was the same thing. When he left we became a world weary workaday team. Here we are again. Bielsa is a fucking genius but an inability to handle Saiz is the only black mark

Agreed, Saiz in our side since January, even if from the bench, and I'm convinced we'd have finished Top 2. I feared it was the start of the wheels falling off at the time, and i remain convinced today.
#MOT #GAWA

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Tue May 07, 2019 9:10 am

eric olthwaite wrote:NB: we’re currently 16th in the form table. That’s not ideal.

I didn't actually think we were that bad. Fuck me, its going to be a battle to get through the next few games based on that stat.
#MOT #GAWA

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue May 07, 2019 5:16 pm

jackos wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:Wait till you hear how incensed I am still about us letting Frankie Gray go to forest

We had no choice but to let Saiz go. The mistake was not replacing him. Would James have made a massive difference? We'll never know.

If the idea of getting James was to have another Pablo (either as relief or distraction), then yes. If it was like-for-like for Samu, no.
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Wed May 08, 2019 5:38 am

Rob wrote:Our opposition in the play offs should quite simply shut up shop. It's a guarantee of progression for them. We'll miss every chance going and of course then fail to score at all in a penalty shoot out. Bah humbug

Or start with ten men . Leeds be fucked then . How didn't that work in Leeds favour last season , played almost every game with ten men , at least the one's O'Kane was involved in anyway .

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Wed May 08, 2019 11:18 am

I am looking to come over from Manchester to Leeds so I can watch the Away leg in a pub with my fellow whites to avoid the inevitable gloating from the usual Scum fans in the pubs here.

Is there anywhere decent close the train station that will be showing the game on a decent screen and sells good ale and will have a good atmosphere with Leeds fans ?
#MOT #GAWA

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed May 08, 2019 12:27 pm

thestraw wrote:I am looking to come over from Manchester to Leeds so I can watch the Away leg in a pub with my fellow whites to avoid the inevitable gloating from the usual Scum fans in the pubs here.

Is there anywhere decent close the train station that will be showing the game on a decent screen and sells good ale and will have a good atmosphere with Leeds fans ?

Scarborough Taps just opposite the train station?

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Wed May 08, 2019 12:39 pm

They don't screen games. But you've got the Wellington, The Black Prince, The Moot Hall Arms that are close to the station.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Wed May 08, 2019 1:13 pm

Proud to be Leeds wrote:They don't screen games. But you've got the Wellington, The Black Prince, The Moot Hall Arms that are close to the station.

All will screen the game with a decent crowd in you think? Am sure I've drank in them all pre/post match apart from maybe the Moot Hall Arms.
#MOT #GAWA

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Wed May 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Yeah, they'll all be well attended. Only thing about the Moot Hall is that it has a limited capacity.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed May 08, 2019 1:35 pm

By the way, one of you cunts will need to break cover and actually set up a new CK for each of these games, with a decent title. Enough of this recycled shite.

I did Wigan and agreed that I would not dare go anywhere near another one this season.

I've also realised that I'll be holding a loaded shotgun around the time of kickoff on Saturday, so the less I know about football at the time, the better.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:57 pm

Trying hard to find a location in Detroit to watch, if not ill be in my house on my own which is possibly the best situation. :lol:

Eric last time i started one was the loss to MonkBot. Luck should have turned by now?

JimbobMaloney

Postby JimbobMaloney » Wed May 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Yes please, someone start a new CK.

I've analysed the data and am convinced that this is the source of all the bad luck everyone agrees that we've been having over the last few games.

I'm not doing one - bit early innit?

Return to “The Square Ball”