Stating the bleedin obvious.

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:54 am

We need a thread for this kind of thing.

Academics discover that smoking skunk all day every day is bad for your mental health and shit.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-47609849
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:56 am

I think there are variables such as a predisposition to mental illness or external pressures that would need to be factored before we start laying the blame totally on drugs. I was ready to take this up with the researchers but a really funny cartoon came on the telly and I forgot.

Blackwhite

Re: Stating the bleedin obvious.

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:12 pm

There was also some data years back suggesting folks with existing conditions or predisposition were more likely to self-medicate. But like, that's just your opinion, man.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Blackwhite wrote:There was also some data years back suggesting folks with existing conditions or predisposition were more likely to self-medicate. But like, that's just your opinion, man.

I knew a few pretty together people who enhanced their time in the club scene/warehouse parties in the 90s with some recreational drug help.

Almost without exception they now struggle with life, depression, insomnia etc. I'm sure nobody is surprised by this but I always wonder if they'd never touched the stuff would they be ok now.

London_White

Postby London_White » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:There was also some data years back suggesting folks with existing conditions or predisposition were more likely to self-medicate. But like, that's just your opinion, man.

I knew a few pretty together people who enhanced their time in the club scene/warehouse parties in the 90s with some recreational drug help.

Almost without exception they now struggle with life, depression, insomnia etc. I'm sure nobody is surprised by this but I always wonder if they'd never touched the stuff would they be ok now.

Actually OEE - I'm one of those (not that you know me)
For me it was 89-91 when E was almost pure MDMA - have now been treated for depression and know how to recognise the signs and get to the quack, quick for some other chemical assistance. Fortunately have been lucky enough to have sympathetic docs both in London and in West sussex where i now live, and equally fortunately Fluoxetine sorts out the issue after a few days of emptiness and nights of sleeplessness

Return to “The Square Ball”