Blunts rhymes with ... CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Devi

Re: Blunts rhymes with ... CK

Postby Devi » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:Reading the tales of woe and finally feel ready to chip in with mine.

Took dog for a walk an hour before kick off; dog went for another dog (nothing serious though, he’s a fucking Westie); owner started hitting my dog around head with thick metal chain lead; I lost my shit and grabbed her in a headlock; when I let her go she started hitting me repeatedly with chain; another dog owner I know calls police at my request then I do; police come and speak to us both; I decide to leave it but last I knew she wanted to press charges.

Came home and missed first 65 mins explaining to wife and facing opprobrium. I *might* have made a deal with fate at 0-0 that I didn’t mind us losing if nowt came of it all. Sorry everyone.

Not heard owt from the police yet - anyone any idea when I might start breathing more easily??

On the basis you called the police, you might be able to counter charge, no? (For her assault of you with the chain)

In which case, I’d expect the old bill to be quietly talking her round.

Still.

Headlock.

Was she Gordon Watson’s daughter?
I like it. What is it?

Musson Grumble

Postby Musson Grumble » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Sharp should have been booked 1st half and sent off second. They seemed to target Pontus a bit which irked me[/quote

Absolutely, but this was apparently, HIS game of a lifetime??
Should have been more mature and in control of himself, Sharp laid the bait and Pontus bit......big time. Unfortunately he's not a big time player and Billy boy exploited that.
As for Cooper,........he's improved beyond measure and is our best defender, IMO, but should not be losing the ball (nearly on the halfway line) when a simple pass to Klich or a hoof across the park would have alleviated the danger.
Seems to me that as usual, when it comes to the crunch Leeds fold.
As it was as in the beginning, so shall it allways be......
Leeds should have won that game, gone forwardas and claimed an audienceth o pro.otion position, but we didn't.
So, onward to Aston Villa in the playoffs.
I guess we all know what happened the last time we met Villa at Wembley?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:37 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:Reading the tales of woe and finally feel ready to chip in with mine.

Took dog for a walk an hour before kick off; dog went for another dog (nothing serious though, he’s a fucking Westie); owner started hitting my dog around head with thick metal chain lead; I lost my shit and grabbed her in a headlock; when I let her go she started hitting me repeatedly with chain; another dog owner I know calls police at my request then I do; police come and speak to us both; I decide to leave it but last I knew she wanted to press charges.

Came home and missed first 65 mins explaining to wife and facing opprobrium. I *might* have made a deal with fate at 0-0 that I didn’t mind us losing if nowt came of it all. Sorry everyone.

Not heard owt from the police yet - anyone any idea when I might start breathing more easily??

Wow :lol:

Got to say you definitely sound like the guilty party based on that account
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:48 pm

Musson Grumble wrote:............

Musson Grumble wrote: ..............

Musson Grumble wrote:......

20 full stops in one post?

Are you Kenny in disguise?
I like it. What is it?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:50 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Got less than we deserved from that. Need to watch a few things back before commenting too much but the Harrison chance seemed the key one.

Sharp was a constant threat, good movement and at times occupied Cooper, Pontus and Ayling all on his own. For that alone I can't be too hard on Cooper for his mistake ahead of the sending off (guys he was at fault on the goal too but mostly I thought he was unlucky there).

sharp was indecently good for a fat little 33 yr old who's never really done anything in his career, slow but strong, ok skill, & so crafty. felt he really did cooper over for the goal.

ultimately i thought we weren't that bad all over the pitch, actually, given the blunts' league position, i'd put it at a par or even slightly above par performance... just didn't get the breaks, which you probably need more often than not against automatic promotion contenders. there's still a very long way to go. a modestly good side like the blunts are near certain to drop a good handful of points between now & mid may.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:53 pm

We really should have gone at least a goal ahead at half time, maybe even two. Bamford's and Harrison's misses were very poor. Roberts' shot was a very good attempt and Pontus' chance was so close. We played well. The only things to be disappointed with are the mistakes at the back and actual result.
But it ain't over. They have a harder run-in than we do.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:54 pm

which police force are we talking? don't you live in east london? if so, i daresay you'll be ok... and shoudl be ok in any case provided there are no particularly unhelpful witnesses and owner & dog were both unharmed?

barry white

Postby barry white » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Musson Grumble wrote:I guess we all know what happened the last time we met Villa at Wembley?

it'll be Preston mate. its fucked :elephant:

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:19 pm

MightyWhite wrote:

I suppose we need to know what kind of dog they had?

If their dog was injured you will possibly be liable for vet fees at least, but you might be able to claim off your house insurance if they sue.

I think I'd be more concerned about the headlock thing, but you could argue you were using reasonable force to restrain her. (Let's say you feared for your own safety too). I suppose you have to reverse it and think how it would sound and what you would say if your missus came home and told you the tale that she will be telling her loved ones. I'd consider the price of some legal advice well spent on Monday just so you know how to play it

The dangerous dogs act says that even a small dog is liable if a person has "reasonable apprehension" that a dog will bite them, usually an attack on another dog is only treated with the same gravity if it's very serious, ie threatens the life of another dog, and more so when the owner is nowhere around. (The dog is then deemed to be out of control).

As I understand it any dog attack should be reported to plod.

In summary then, if you were close at hand and your dog didn't either 1/ attack the other owner or cause them to believe they would be attacked, OR 2/ Do very serious damage to their dog you'll not have to be too concerned re the dangerous dogs act.

Top Cat Cooper

Postby Top Cat Cooper » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:05 pm

dirty leeds wrote: They have a harder run-in than we do.

I saw the run in for both teams and that didn't jump off the page to me it seemed fairly even in fact we play the same teams over a two week period Preston and Birmingham I think it was :scratch:

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:10 pm

I thought ours looked harder if I’m honest. Away games seem roughly comparable but, whereas they have difficult games at home to Bristol and Forest I’d see them as much more winnable than Wednesday and Villa for us
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Blunts rhymes with ... CK

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:

I suppose we need to know what kind of dog they had?

If their dog was injured you will possibly be liable for vet fees at least, but you might be able to claim off your house insurance if they sue.

I think I'd be more concerned about the headlock thing, but you could argue you were using reasonable force to restrain her. (Let's say you feared for your own safety too). I suppose you have to reverse it and think how it would sound and what you would say if your missus came home and told you the tale that she will be telling her loved ones. I'd consider the price of some legal advice well spent on Monday just so you know how to play it

The dangerous dogs act says that even a small dog is liable if a person has "reasonable apprehension" that a dog will bite them, usually an attack on another dog is only treated with the same gravity if it's very serious, ie threatens the life of another dog, and more so when the owner is nowhere around. (The dog is then deemed to be out of control).

As I understand it any dog attack should be reported to plod.

In summary then, if you were close at hand and your dog didn't either 1/ attack the other owner or cause them to believe they would be attacked, OR 2/ Do very serious damage to their dog you'll not have to be too concerned re the dangerous dogs act.

Hers was a husky puppy. There really was nothing to the dog on dog part (no bites, no threat to humans) and they were already well separated when she started hitting mine with the chain. She was a really nasty piece of shit to be honest but I’m still fucking ashamed for coming down to her level.

Top Cat Cooper

Postby Top Cat Cooper » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:16 pm

the flying pig wrote: a modestly good side like the blunts are near certain to drop a good handful of points between now & mid may.

I am sure I have read somewhere they have kept seven clean sheets in a row which does not bode well for dropping a handful of points which is why we needed to at least draw today to keep it in our own hands and its not like we will not drop points either in the run in. Today was massive and we blew it and I have mean't to post on here that my only worry over the last few months was not turning possession and chances into goals and failing to kill teams off and today it has come back to bite us 17 shots and not one on target and their keeper not making a save says it all.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:13 am

I hope that's the last time we'll be using all three substitutes before 80 minutes are up.

Unless of course it's absolutely necessary.

Musson Grumble

Postby Musson Grumble » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:04 am

sharp was indecently good for a fat little 33 yr old who's never really done anything in his career, slow but strong, ok skill, & so crafty. felt he really did cooper over for the goal.

Yes he was.
Wish I was that little, fat and 33.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:14 am

Got train, met lads in pub, lip seal went, spilled 1st pint down front, got to ground, turnstile fucked, had to go and queue with 50 others, missed first 10, got pissed wet through, lost game, more pints in Leeds, trains cancelled cos flooding, wife pissed cos she has to come pick me up and can't deal with my shit attitude cos of a stupid game, now got to go shopping with a hangover. CUNTS
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:36 am

Musson Grumble wrote:sharp was indecently good for a fat little 33 yr old who's never really done anything in his career, slow but strong, ok skill, & so crafty. felt he really did cooper over for the goal.

Yes he was.
Wish I was that little, fat and 33.

his assist, in particular, was really good, in fairness. ball falls to him unexpectedly but he instantly reacts & controls it, straightaway knows he's not going to beat the defender for pace but instinctively knows what he's going do in that situation, gets a little lucky with a touch off cooper but reacts to that immediately, then with three guys converging[ish] on him it's like he has all the time in the world to delay his pass until the right moment.

just like we used to watch him do every week in a white shirt.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:14 pm

I'm not bitter (of course I'm not) but I was reflecting this morning that I think, as a Bielsa side, we'd have a decent stab at lower mid-table finish in the Prem. Whereas I think a Wilder side would get arseraped inside out, every week. For a start they'd be down to 9 men every match.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I'm not bitter (of course I'm not) but I was reflecting this morning that I think, as a Bielsa side, we'd have a decent stab at lower mid-table finish in the Prem. Whereas I think a Wilder side would get arseraped inside out, every week. For a start they'd be down to 9 men every match.

Yeah, I dunno. Can't help but feel that, with our squad, trying to dominate possession would be a recipe for disaster in the PL. Different personnel of course, but of the two non (egregiously) financially doped championship sides to go up last year, it's the 'scrappers' Cardiff are the ones with half a chance of staying up.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Seems we're not creating enough luck.

Oh and we're crying out for Izzy.Won't happen now though, he's not in Bert's good books by the look of it (illness my arse), you have to be shyte like Dallas, but can run a lot.

Bye bye auto's and bye bye play offs, we shoot ourselves in the foot way way way too often.

Return to “The Square Ball”