Blunts rhymes with ... CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Blunts rhymes with ... CK

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:39 am

Somebody has to have the stones to start this one.

COME ON YE WHITES!
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Matt White

Re: Blunts rhymes with ... CK

Postby Matt White » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:51 am

Let us get into them, and furthermore fuck them up a bit.

We go ahead, we win. We go behind, I go behind the couch/sofa/settee.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:51 am

Biggest game since Bristol Rovers?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:54 am

Ah fuck.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:56 am

I'm going to need a lot of beer to get through this one.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:02 am

Lay awake for most of the night. It's weird because I really don't much care about being in the Premiership (and this will not even decide whether we go up) but I desperately want these players to earn the relative immortality that goes with achieving promotion. Not to mention for Bielsa and his staff. The sad passing of Bill Fotherby can't help but give this match yet more gravity, as if it needed it. I'm at work all day but planning to nick off to watch it if I can, assuming my heart doesn't give out first.

Fucking hellfire. Come on Pablo. Come on Kalvin. Come on Pontus. Come on Leeds.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:11 am

Tommy wrote:Lay awake for most of the night. It's weird because I really don't much care about being in the Premiership (and this will not even decide whether we go up) but I desperately want these players to earn the relative immortality that goes with achieving promotion. Not to mention for Bielsa and his staff. The sad passing of Bill Fotherby can't help but give this match yet more gravity, as if it needed it. I'm at work all day but planning to nick off to watch it if I can, assuming my heart doesn't give out first.

Fucking hellfire. Come on Pablo. Come on Kalvin. Come on Pontus. Come on Leeds.

See, I really do want us back in the prem. we were relegated 4 years before my steplad was born and he’s an avid Leeds fan. I want him to see us is there...and fuck it, I want to see us there. We belong there, it’s been far too long.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:40 am

For me, it's partially to do with scepticism towards the Premiership and modern football at large but also because it's sad seeing players who have worked hard to win promotion either cast aside for not being good enough or staying and inevitably enduring dog's abuse for not being able to keep up with [Insert name of unbelievably minted football team].

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:43 am

AndyPaul wrote:Biggest game since Bristol Rovers?

Aye.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:54 am

Mustafaster wrote:

Aye.

Was the rovers game even *that* big? Promotion from league one was an inevitability. Our extra c10k a week fans meant we could blow almost anyone in the division away, budget wise. If it hadn't been in that game it might well have been in the playoffs, and if not then very probably the season after.

Our bigger-than-average crowds in this division are an irrelevance when compared to PL parachute payments, or the sort of losses that owners like the wolves lot are prepared to rack up in pursuit of them. This could be our best chance for a decade to come, easily, and is built on fairly weak foundations - our best player is 33 years old, our coach certain to leave if we don't go up.

The only reason I can give for this game not being an order of magnitude bigger than Bristol is of course that it's only mid March, with plenty of ups and downs no doubt still to come.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:03 am

Are we unchanged. Genuine question.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:04 am

Blackwhite wrote:I'm going to need a lot of beer to get through this one.

I'm 3 in already and only just got to Wakefield Westgate!!

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:07 am

welshwhite wrote:Are we unchanged. Genuine question.

I've got different pants on!

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:09 am

Just think you all should know that I am not able to watch the match at my mate's house today because the selfish fucker is going to Elland Road to see it in person.
If anybody has an alternative lucky stream, I'm open to suggestions.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:09 am

the flying pig wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:

Aye.

Was the rovers game even *that* big? Promotion from league one was an inevitability. Our extra c10k a week fans meant we could blow almost anyone in the division away, budget wise. If it hadn't been in that game it might well have been in the playoffs, and if not then very probably the season after.

Our bigger-than-average crowds in this division are an irrelevance when compared to PL parachute payments, or the sort of losses that owners like the wolves lot are prepared to rack up in pursuit of them. This could be our best chance for a decade to come, easily, and is built on fairly weak foundations - our best player is 33 years old, our coach certain to leave if we don't go up.

The only reason I can give for this game not being an order of magnitude bigger than Bristol is of course that it's only mid March, with plenty of ups and downs no doubt still to come.

The prize is certainly bigger and there's more at stake.
But, as you say, if we lose today it's not a disaster and it's recoverable.
It is a disaster for the Blunts however.

What makes it such a big deal is everything that's gone into getting us into this position this season, the huge emotional investment ... and the fact that if we win it would put a hole under the Blunts' waterline.

If we're bricking it, what must they be thinking.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:17 am

I also think Bielsa will relish the challenge of outsmarting Wilder's set-up. Sheff U are very good for this level in terms of organisation and Wilder will seek to overload us in areas of the pitch between the midfielders and strikers. Norwich showed we can be vulnerable to determined runners in that zone. Kalvin and the two fullbacks will have to be on it today. Fortunately, they usually are.
They didn't face Bamford last time and they won't be ready for Roberts' improvement. Come on, Marcelo: teach the young whippersnapper a hard lesson.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 am

LSD&2Es wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:I'm going to need a lot of beer to get through this one.

I'm 3 in already and only just got to Wakefield Westgate!!

Did you get on at Sandal & Agbrigg?
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:33 am

Just found myself singing Leeds Are Going Up under my breath, walking round Waitrose. Fuck sake. Really can’t deal with this shit

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:38 am

the flying pig wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:

Aye.

Honestly read Musta’s post as though he was talking about last week :shake1:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:40 am

dirty leeds wrote:Just think you all should know that I am not able to watch the match at my mate's house today because the selfish fucker is going to Elland Road to see it in person.
If anybody has an alternative lucky stream, I'm open to suggestions.

Fuck's sakes man, break in. In your part of London the response time will be 48hrs or more at the weekend :mrgreen:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Return to “The Square Ball”