I hate that duck - all aboard for the Daniel James derby

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: I hate that duck - all aboard for the Daniel James derby

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 pm

I'll just mention that we're nailed on to be third come 5pm on Saturday. Hey ho; still heading in the right direction though.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:06 pm

It was vastly better than I expected. If we can do the same as tonight for the rest of the season, ie dominate and nearly always beat the sides who are bang midtable or worse, we'll probably be ok, almost regardless of what happens in the handful of really tough fixtures.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:08 pm

We should have been out of sight 15/20mins into the second half, felt sorry for Paddy, didn't get enough of the ball.
Andymac

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:08 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I'll just mention that we're nailed on to be third come 5pm on Saturday. Hey ho; still heading in the right direction though.

Hopefully the break will pay off later in the season, Bielsa and the players taking a few days off now, sounds like they need it.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:12 pm

tuo wrote:
welshwhite wrote:I've got a huge poker game after the match so hoping for a win to put me in a good mood.

Come on Leeds!

If you can find it you dopey cunt

:D Fair comment.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:22 pm

The other leading sides have some difficult games coming up. Villa v WBA and WBA v Sheff U, for example. And Norwich v Bristol. Meanwhile we have a break, followed by Bolton and QPR.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:29 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Yeah, so, I’m not going to be able to handle 14 more games of this

After kidding myself for the last few months that I don’t believe and that it’s no big deal anyway, I now find myself avoiding the games and just checking the final score.

Fucking Leeds eh?
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:31 pm

Slightly more nervous than it should have been in the last few minutes but fully deserved 3 points.

It all looks better when Phillips is in the deep role.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Devi wrote:Did Izzy run Bielsa’s cat over or something?

No point risking him. Hopefully he can get some more game time before Bolton would expect him to get his debut in that game.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 pm

8 wins and a couple of draws from here.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:42 pm

Mr Reality wrote:8 wins and a couple of draws from here.

That all... :roll:
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:44 pm

Ayling dogshit, needs dropping and if Berardi was available he would have been, everyone else bloody awesome. Roofe and Bamford growing into their roles. Potus and Philips fucking imperious.
Forshaw can really only replace Klich for me not Philips, but he was very good today too

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:53 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:
Score first we win

:cheers:

Tommy

I hate that duck - all aboard for the Daniel James derby

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Phillips looked a class above their whole team. Obviously Pontus was superb and Pablo better than he’s been for a while but Kalvin should really be the first name on the team-sheet from now on. If we drop him for Forshaw we deserve to stay in this division.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 pm

jackos wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:I'll just mention that we're nailed on to be third come 5pm on Saturday. Hey ho; still heading in the right direction though.

Hopefully the break will pay off later in the season, Bielsa and the players taking a few days off now, sounds like they need it.

It’s always tricky. I think another win on Saturday could have boosted us as we need a run. On the other hand, yeah, a break and time for more players to come back is good.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:13 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:Ayling dogshit, needs dropping and if Berardi was available he would have been, everyone else bloody awesome. Roofe and Bamford growing into their roles. Potus and Philips fucking imperious.
Forshaw can really only replace Klich for me not Philips, but he was very good today too

Thought Ayling was mostly alright tonight. Apart from the daft pen tackle, obviously.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:17 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
LSD&2Es wrote:Ayling dogshit, needs dropping and if Berardi was available he would have been, everyone else bloody awesome. Roofe and Bamford growing into their roles. Potus and Philips fucking imperious.

Thought Ayling was mostly alright tonight. Apart from the daft pen tackle, obviously.

Cross field pass to Alioski for the 2nd was from Ayling.
(courtesy of Ponte)

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:24 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:

I've come to the conclusion he's an easy target. His limitations are there for all to see in the way we play, namely an uncanny ability to end up with the ball stuck under his feet and end up under pressure and positional issues when isolated, but he's brilliant at coming into the middle of the park with his head up and does plenty to help us work some space in the attacking 3rd. Thought he had a generally positive day today but there were still 5+ moments where is very easy to get on his back (penalty included, stupid that one).

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:33 pm

Late dramatic winners aside, I think that 2nd is my favourite goal so far this season. Daft twats behind me aren't fans of Bielsaball (wanted us to run down time in the corners immediately after their goal), screaming for Cooper to step into the 30yards of storage ahead of him. Instead 3 or 4 passes between Cooper and Jansson gained the same territory and enabled Ayling to find a path to run into midfield, Alioski to find the freedom of the park and Harrison to also be completely free. Sublime football.

Also special mention for Hernandez playing right wing back / a proper use of the 3-3-1-3 before the end:
Ayling Jansson Cooper
Hernandez Phillips Alioski
Shackleton
Roberts Roofe Harrison

Penalty aside, that solution instead of Phillips into the back 3 really helped Ayling and didn't prevent him getting forward.

Phillips was majestic start to finish and my MoM, Jannson very good, Cooper quietly better (though stats suggest Jansson was better than I'm giving him credit for). Harrison had his best game for a very long time.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 pm

Its good to see Bielsa having a little giggle at the end, maybe he noticed the state-of-the-art microphones.

Return to “The Square Ball”