I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:52 pm

I wonder whether we need to start CKs with Don Marcelo’s press conferences these days, given that’s when we tend to get team news?

Anyroad, what I’m looking for here is an unremarkable barely-out-of-second-gear 2-1 win to settle the jitters.

Bring it.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:56 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I wonder whether we need to start CKs with Don Marcelo’s press conferences these days, given that’s when we tend to get team news?

Anyroad, what I’m looking for here is an unremarkable barely-out-of-second-gear 2-1 win to settle the jitters.

Bring it.

2-0, new keeper needs a clean sheet to get him started, ideally with a couple of decent saves and claiming every cross they manage to launch into our box.
He didn't get a clean sheet but on the saves front this is magestic:

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:59 pm

NB we have a shocker of a record there; P18 W6 D3 L9.

Best not think about that too much.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:I wonder whether we need to start CKs with Don Marcelo’s press conferences these days, given that’s when we tend to get team news?

Anyroad, what I’m looking for here is an unremarkable barely-out-of-second-gear 2-1 win to settle the jitters.

Bring it.

2-0, new keeper needs a clean sheet to get him started, ideally with a couple of decent saves and claiming every cross they manage to launch into our box.


Oh yeah, but I thought expecting a clean sheet away without Pontus was pushing my luck.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:03 pm

3 pts an absolute must, imo, plenty of [much] sterner tests ahead.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:05 pm

the flying pig wrote:3 pts an absolute must, imo, plenty of [much] sterner tests ahead.


On this we are entirely agreed.

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:15 pm

Whenever I think of Rotherham away I just remember the game Carlisle hit the post/bar 3 times and then got injured or sent off and they won 1-0. Think it was the first season down 04/05.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:30 pm

We'll have the usual high amount of possession and create very little in the last third.

We'll need a huge effort out of Alioski, Forshaw, & Harrison to break teams down.

Pablo & Sniffer seem to be able to do it with ease, not so with the three above.
Their out of sorts and yet their in tomorrow.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:35 pm

welshwhite wrote:We'll have the usual high amount of possession and create very little in the last third.

We'll need a huge effort out of Alioski, Forshaw, & Harrison to break teams down.

Pablo & Sniffer seem to be able to do it with ease, not so with the three above.
Their out of sorts and yet their in tomorrow.

Shut yer face ya thick Welsh cunt.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:55 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
welshwhite wrote:We'll have the usual high amount of possession and create very little in the last third.

We'll need a huge effort out of Alioski, Forshaw, & Harrison to break teams down.

Pablo & Sniffer seem to be able to do it with ease, not so with the three above.
Their out of sorts and yet their in tomorrow.

Shut yer face ya thick Welsh cunt.


Thick as fuck you wannabe Spaniard, I forgot to add Klich :thumbl: .

JohnGiles
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:51 pm

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby JohnGiles » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:08 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
welshwhite wrote:We'll have the usual high amount of possession and create very little in the last third.

We'll need a huge effort out of Alioski, Forshaw, & Harrison to break teams down.

Pablo & Sniffer seem to be able to do it with ease, not so with the three above.
Their out of sorts and yet their in tomorrow.

Shut yer face ya thick Welsh cunt.


Quisling

User avatar
Devi
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Crystal Palarse

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby Devi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:33 pm

We need to bury them.

And now I’ve said that, of course we’ll lose.
I like it. What is it?

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:55 pm

No, we'll fucking murder the cunts.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:16 pm

dirty leeds wrote:No, we'll fucking murder the cunts.

have to admit i think we'll lose.

i went to the home game and thought rotherham were better than expected, they didn't look a relegation team that day. they were well organised and tough with enough skill to cause the odd problem. they're at home this time, which may help them, but it may make them feel obliged to push forward a bit more. they beat preston at their place in their penultimate home game, but this game will mean a lot more to them.

we've still got fuck all up front and, without wanting to sound like tommy, we're leeds, we won't make things easy for ourselves.

apologies for the miserabalist post.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:44 pm

Quiffy wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:No, we'll fucking murder the cunts.

have to admit i think we'll lose.

i went to the home game and thought rotherham were better than expected, they didn't look a relegation team that day. they were well organised and tough with enough skill to cause the odd problem. they're at home this time, which may help them, but it may make them feel obliged to push forward a bit more. they beat preston at their place in their penultimate home game, but this game will mean a lot more to them.

we've still got fuck all up front and, without wanting to sound like tommy, we're leeds, we won't make things easy for ourselves.

apologies for the miserabalist post.


Another Eeyore! You need to be drinking something better, Q. :D

Rotherham have tons of injuries and there's illness in the camp. We'll thrust ourselves upon them and they will submit. Honestly, officer, they were asking for it...

Andymac-47
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:06 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby Andymac-47 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:50 pm

dirty leeds wrote:No, we'll fucking murder the cunts.


I believe!
Andymac

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:55 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:No, we'll fucking murder the cunts.


I believe!


:D :cheers:

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:57 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Another Eeyore! You need to be drinking something better, Q. :D

Rotherham have tons of injuries and there's illness in the camp. We'll thrust ourselves upon them and they will submit. Honestly, officer, they were asking for it...


if it makes me forget our impotence tell me what to drink and i'll drink it.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
Oheddieeddie
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Tacky with sweat and poisonous particulates.

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:00 pm

When I think of Roverum I think of that walk, and the state of chubbys ankles afterwards.

We haven't been the same since Saiz went, but we should surely have too much for these

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: I’d Rother We Had A Reason To Chuckle CK

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:04 pm

Quiffy wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Another Eeyore! You need to be drinking something better, Q. :D

Rotherham have tons of injuries and there's illness in the camp. We'll thrust ourselves upon them and they will submit. Honestly, officer, they were asking for it...


if it makes me forget our impotence tell me what to drink and i'll drink it.


Well, this evening I've shared a very nice Malbec with Mrs DL and now enjoying a Speyside nightcap. Probably won't be so confident in the morning.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blackwhite, Google [Bot] and 8 guests