The “not winning 6 in a row would be criminal (villainous)” Cyberkop

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:05 am

A big test of our promotion credentials today. No reason to doubt El Loco won’t get us 3 points.

Even got a cheeky 190-1 for us to win 1-0 and Pontus to score.

C’mon you whites!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:21 am

Can’t get to this because I’m still stuck at work. I’ll likely sneak to the pub to watch though. This is one of those fixtures whereby I just assume we’ll get nowt. Smith is a clever manager and they have lots of very good players. At home and with fewer injuries I reckon we’ll give them a run for their money but I’m not expecting much today. A point would be nice.

Interesting to see if the talk of Ayling starting is an uncharacteristic bluff from Bielsa given that he’s not played in the U23s and was recently in the Xmas videos with a knee support. If he is back I hope we’re not throwing him in too soon. We can definitely survive a loss here but we should be looking for 4-6 points from the following two home games if we’re looking to maintain our pace.

welshwhite

Re: The “not winning 6 in a row would be criminal (villainous)” Cyberkop

Postby welshwhite » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:50 am

I'll be missing this as I'll be out on a Xmas piss-up. If we win today I'll be shocked, Pleased but shocked....another big test but we'll be able to field a half-decent side with Bamford and Ayling back into the mix.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:02 am

Tommy wrote:Can’t get to this because I’m still stuck at work. I’ll likely sneak to the pub to watch though. This is one of those fixtures whereby I just assume we’ll get nowt. Smith is a clever manager and they have lots of very good players. At home and with fewer injuries I reckon we’ll give them a run for their money but I’m not expecting much today. A point would be nice.

Interesting to see if the talk of Ayling starting is an uncharacteristic bluff from Bielsa given that he’s not played in the U23s and was recently in the Xmas videos with a knee support. If he is back I hope we’re not throwing him in too soon. We can definitely survive a loss here but we should be looking for 4-6 points from the following two home games if we’re looking to maintain our pace.

This is pretty much where I’m at. Villa looked stacked in the attacking positions. I think we can get joy out of their back 5 but I’m not convinced we can keep up if it becomes a shoot out - which seems feasible.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:18 am

I’d love to say that the buzz off the back of Warrington’s win means it’s our weekend. Dunno though - have we really got enough to do them at home?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:24 am

I'm wondering if he'll slide Ayling into the middle of the defence, alongside Pontus, for his experienced head. That way he can have Phillips and Forshaw looking for runners just in front, if necessary. No doubt, Villa have a lot of talented players and can score plenty goals. On the other hand, they are pretty leaky too. Can't see it being 0-0.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:40 am

Yeah I’d absolutely expect Ayling to play in central defence if he is fit. That allows Phillips to play in his best position & we can do without Baker, who was fairly lukewarm in the last two matches. Shackleton has been good on the right so there’s no real hurry in replacing him for the meantime. No doubt he’ll be tested today but he gives us so much going forward it’s worth the trade-off. Hopefully Bamford & Clarke can come on & change the game again.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:00 am

Lunching and traveling but will avoid radio and turn off data and avoid youse 'orrible cunts, should get to watch the recording about 6 or 7ish...

... Which probably matches the goal tally for the game...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:01 am

Tommy wrote:Yeah I’d absolutely expect Ayling to play in central defence if he is fit. That allows Phillips to play in his best position & we can do without Baker, who was fairly lukewarm in the last two matches. Shackleton has been good on the right so there’s no real hurry in replacing him for the meantime. No doubt he’ll be tested today but he gives us so much going forward it’s worth the trade-off. Hopefully Bamford & Clarke can come on & change the game again.

I'd start Clarke #7 and move Pablo inside to#10.

You listening Bielsa ... you useless cunt?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:30 am

I'd like to see us pick an attacking line-up, defend from the front as they say, Bielsa seems to like that.

Up and at 'em!

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:39 am

Mustafaster wrote:
Tommy wrote:Yeah I’d absolutely expect Ayling to play in central defence if he is fit. That allows Phillips to play in his best position & we can do without Baker, who was fairly lukewarm in the last two matches. Shackleton has been good on the right so there’s no real hurry in replacing him for the meantime. No doubt he’ll be tested today but he gives us so much going forward it’s worth the trade-off. Hopefully Bamford & Clarke can come on & change the game again.

I'd start Clarke #7 and move Pablo inside to#10.

You listening Bielsa ... you useless cunt?

I'm not yet convinced Clarke can play a full 90 at first team intensity, he looked shattered by the end at Sheff Utd. I think it'll be a while before we see him from the start, FA cup maybe.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Rumours abound on social media that Bamford injured again?
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:31 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Rumours abound on social media that Bamford injured again?

Not in the squad so almost certainly true, 3 weeks apparently.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:31 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Rumours abound on social media that Bamford injured again?

Yep, out with a knock it seems.
Keep Fighting

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Who needs Bamford with have the kids ..

#lufc subs: Huffer, Halme, Clarke, Davis, Gotts, Baker, Shackleton. That's six Under-23 players on the bench.

End of the line for Roberts?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Depends your POV. I looked at the bench and thought it looked desperately weak. Not a lot of options to turn the game there. We can’t bring Clarke on for Alioski AND Harrison :mrgreen:
Keep Fighting

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Done Aldi, done Waitrose, done random bits, just need to nip to the farm and get the goose. We’ve got Phil Spector’s Christmas Album on and we’re all good.

Right, let’s do these cunts.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:17 pm

I believe.
Andymac

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:22 pm

Sat watching with a coffee as I have to drive to the pantomime later :|
Keep Fighting

Return to “The Square Ball”