Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: Marcelo’s Sicknote Specials vs Stan Bowles was overrated CK

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:05 pm

Leeds have WON a Championship match at Elland Road after CONCEDING FIRST for the first time since April 2016 (3-2 v Reading) #LUFC

All the records going today.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm

Started 4 points clear, finished 5 clear. Small gains :cheers:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:Shame about Norwich’s winner but the gap to third is now five points tonight :)

Oh I'll take that all the day long. :salute:
Andymac

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:30 pm

blooming good day all round, both of my teams were losing 1-0 and overturned this to win and stay around the top of their leagues. my only gripe is birmingham losing at home to bristol denying me £360 from my £2 acca. bloody garrrry monk.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:27 pm

couldn't really work out who was man of the match today, roofey scored two and worked his backside off making the runs that some of the midfield should have been making but could have scored more with the chances he had. pontus was very good at the back but fucked up for the goal, his distribution was far better in the second half when he was more decisive and ran into the open spaces they offered then passed it firmly after drawing a man. the peacock did well again, one iffy moment when it turned out he was fouled, but i'm going to go for shack, thought he looked good all game and became less cautious as it went on.

the halftime teamtalk made a big difference again. if i get time i'm going to look at how we've done in second halves compared to firsts.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Yeah, I'd pick Shackleton too though Forshaw had a good game I thought.

Phillips had a few iffy moments and I'd have taken him off for Halme for fear he might pick up a 2nd yellow/gift them an equaliser.

For 20 minutes I thought that was as well as we'd played all season, really should have been 2 or 3 up by the time they scored.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:48 pm

Thought Alioski was much improved today, probs mostly due to having Saiz and Klich to iteract with.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:56 pm

4 on the bounce with the injury problems is a magnificent effort.

:thumbl:

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:35 pm

a half by half analysis, as if each half was independent, to get an idea of the influence of the half time teamtalk/tactical changes/substitutions/fitness. (strictly's on, so got nothing better to do)
team, fh result, sh result
stoke, won, draw
derby, won, won
rotherham, draw, won
swansea, draw, draw
norwich, won, won
middlesboro, draw, draw
millwall, draw, draw
preston, won, won
brum, lost, won
sheff wed, lost, won
hull, draw, won
brentford, draw, draw
blackburn, drew, lost
ipswich, won, won
forest, lost, won
wigan, draw, won
west brom, draw, lost
bristol, draw, won
reading, draw, won
sheff U, draw, won
qpr, draw, won

i think that's all of the league games and if they were independent events, where the result at half time didn't influence the second half in any way....
first half = 27 points
second half = 47 points

quite interesting :idea:

note: we've benefited from half times more in recent games, it wasn't a pattern in the first few games.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:41 pm

Mr Reality wrote:4 on the bounce with the injury problems is a magnificent effort.

:thumbl:

Agreed.
Andymac

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Quiffy wrote:a half by half analysis, as if each half was independent, to get an idea of the influence of the half time teamtalk/tactical changes/substitutions/fitness. (strictly's on, so got nothing better to do)
team, fh result, sh result
stoke, won, draw
derby, won, won
rotherham, draw, won
swansea, draw, draw
norwich, won, won
middlesboro, draw, draw
millwall, draw, draw
preston, won, won
brum, lost, won
sheff wed, lost, won
hull, draw, won
brentford, draw, draw
blackburn, drew, lost
ipswich, won, won
forest, lost, won
wigan, draw, won
west brom, draw, lost
bristol, draw, won
reading, draw, won
sheff U, draw, won
qpr, draw, won

i think that's all of the league games and if they were independent events, where the result at half time didn't influence the second half in any way....
first half = 27 points
second half = 47 points

quite interesting :idea:

note: we've benefited from half times more in recent games, it wasn't a pattern in the first few games.

I may need you to show your workings. Assume you're coming at it from the same angle the bookies would rather than truly independent events? Norwich won 3-2 for example so they can't possibly have won both the first and 2nd halves.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 pm

Having seen sky's 1 camera highlights I'm really not convinced the penalty should have been given but as we've had a number of very good shouts turned down in the last 59 games, including the Bristol defender punching the ball out of play the other week I reckon we're still owed a fair few.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:33 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:I may need you to show your workings. Assume you're coming at it from the same angle the bookies would rather than truly independent events? Norwich won 3-2 for example so they can't possibly have won both the first and 2nd halves.

presume you're meaning today's norwich result against bolton, which was 1-0 to norwich at half time and 2-2 in the second half, (giving norwich a 3-2 win). so if i was doing this for norwich it'd be...

bolton, win, draw

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:35 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:I may need you to show your workings. Assume you're coming at it from the same angle the bookies would rather than truly independent events? Norwich won 3-2 for example so they can't possibly have won both the first and 2nd halves.

presume you're meaning today's norwich result against bolton, which was 1-0 to norwich at half time and 2-2 in the second half, (giving norwich a 3-2 win). so if i was doing this for norwich it'd be...

bolton, win, draw

Aha, it's me being a thick cunt, I hadn't actually realised that's our fixtures season to date on order and wondered what the fuck you were on about :thumbl: .

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:10 am

Just landed And saw the result in the taxi. Reading the nature of it here is even more pleasing.

Tonight's shaping up ok: Leeds win, got a pint, now just need a quesadilla and bed and I'm set
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Just landed And saw the result in the taxi. Reading the nature of it here is even more pleasing.

Tonight's shaping up ok: Leeds win, got a pint, now just need a couple of grams. a whore and bed and I'm set

FTFY :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:02 pm

Ontolly wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Just landed And saw the result in the taxi. Reading the nature of it here is even more pleasing.

Tonight's shaping up ok: Leeds win, got a pint, now just need a couple of grams. a whore and bed and I'm set

You know me so well.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:30 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Ontolly wrote:

You know me so well.

Need is a relative dynamic subjective concept. Need is fluid. The government will tell you that. Hope you enjoyed your whateverthefuck taco thing :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:33 am

Thread. :lol:

Return to “The Square Ball”