Oh I do like to be beside the seaside...

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: Oh I do like to be beside the seaside...

Postby Quiffy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:39 pm

our players aren't the best in the league, they had better players. we've doe really well with the talent we've got to get to where we are.

teams play better against us because we show them how football should be played, we play like a 5-a -side , which is the best way to play most of the time, see man city

(it is odd how most teams will play long ball if playing against a long ball team)

pontus fucked up for the first, but we're still fucking ace
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:20 am

metalsmurf wrote:No way we're blaming that defeat on BPF, it was a team thing

It wasn’t completely his fault at all and I don’t want us to get rid but I think he needs looking at. I’m always worried when he faces shots or crosses.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:20 am

If our aim is promotion then we need a new experienced keeper, (A Joe Hart). BPF is OK as a number two. The second goal was particularly bad and sealed our fate for the day.

A quality keeper brings confidence to the players in front of him.

Its probably a case of us willing another academy player to do well. How many of us on here feel that we're a top two side, there are clubs around us that will pick up momentum, I feel we will be found wanting with our wafer-thin squad.
Our season would have been fucked yesterday had Pontus' injury been a little worse.
Pablo is not going to be able to play the whole lenth of the season.

The January window will tell us how far the club wants to go. Those at the club know our shortfalls, or at least they should do.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:22 am

Ponte wrote:

It wasn’t completely his fault at all and I don’t want us to get rid but I think he needs looking at. I’m always worried when he faces shots or crosses.

Isn’t that his job in a nutshell though? It is ok being decent in possession but the real job of a keeper is stopping shots and dealing with crosses.

Shit recruitment again from the club with our 3 loan players not good enough to play. Only decent signing has been Douglas.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:28 am

rss1969 wrote:
Ponte wrote:

Isn’t that his job in a nutshell though? It is ok being decent in possession but the real job of a keeper is stopping shots and dealing with crosses.

Shit recruitment again from the club with our 3 loan players not good enough to play. Only decent signing has been Douglas.

From what little I've seen, BPF is ahead of Blackman because he's comfortable with both feet and can play out from the back effectively, he's not flustered under pressure and he's able to spot alternatives when the obvious is closed down. Same problem city had the other year but shot stopping is secondary to enabling the style of play.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:35 am

WBA were aware of that, Phil, I would expect they were told to shoot on sight.

And it worked.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:39 am

For a goalkeeper shot stopping should never be secondary.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:21 am

Several instances of poor positioning for free kicks too - if he's learning, can we speed it up a tad?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:25 am

I think the one where they hit the bar at 0-0 concerned me most as he somehow dived under a shot straight down the middle

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:29 am

Phil I agree with you about BPF and it's all well and good when we're not being attacked,but i have dreams about going up and at a push i think we can do it(just...and we need a hulluva lot of luck)...Bielsa is doing a fantastic job we are boxing above our weight but recently seem to be scraping by with other results helping our position in the table.
When i'm looking at performance i'm looking at where we're weak and can or need to improve.
Yesterday was a big lesson.
Someone asked how a team can have x amount of possession and still get beat-well that's easy-West Brom just let us have it,and it worked,we seem to scratch our heads when nobody chases our defenders for the ball.....75% of knocking the ball around at the back achieves nothing if like yesterday it's not working,this happened with TC and after a great start he had no other plan.....It works when the oppo's fall for it.
BPF-like someone else said,I shit myself when we're attacked or face deadballs.
Dallas-I can see the plan MIGHT work going forward,but when attacked,not a fcking chance....in fact no,i don't even think it works now going forward and yes he's learned the hard way....should've been heeded after Blackburn.
Corners and set piece play has become a huge problem.
Klich- seems to be going through a bad spell,needs attention.
Alioski-something needs to give here,i don't know what but Loco should...I even think now that a Douglas/Alioski switch would work better but i'm not saying that's the answer.
I must admit that when i looked at the Brom line up and their ex prem players i thought 'we're on a hiding to nowt here'.
We got found out yesterday,we need everything to run sweet for us and when all the cogs aren't working we look mediocre and our lesser players get found out.
Back to the training ground quickish i feel......Wigan win was not great,we've gone off and been off the boil now for a good few games and have not convincingly beaten anyone for a while.
Other teams will definitely have learned from that and if I was the manager of another team facing Leeds next I would quite easily know how to beat them.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:30 am

I actually think BPF is pretty capable when it comes to balls in the box but any efforts that require any form of mental processing seems to be a bit of a lottery.

I'm a bit more pragmatic the morning after. The defeat is a direct correlation to the open and assertive way we play football, what with the goals coming from us committing men forward or trying to play football in our own half. I guess it's inevitable that we're going to get a bloody nose every now and again playing that way, but it feels like a fair pay off for continuing to play such open and aggressive football
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:54 am

Yep mightywhite i love the way we play.

If you asked me whether I'd rather watch our championship football, or swap places and divisions and see Leeds play Cardiffs Warnock hoofball it'd be stick every time

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:03 am

welshwhite wrote:WBA were aware of that, Phil, I would expect they were told to shoot on sight.

And it worked.

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing, just pointing out why I expect Bielsa will keep faith/why Blackman is 2nd choice. It's not too dissimilar to why Hart was frozen out at city, why Pickford got the nod for England and why Everton paid so much for him.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:06 am

I do think we now need to find a keeper that can play a bit rather than wait for this one to start being able to save.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:09 am

MightyWhite wrote:I actually think BPF is pretty capable when it comes to balls in the box but any efforts that require any form of mental processing seems to be a bit of a lottery.

I'm a bit more pragmatic the morning after. The defeat is a direct correlation to the open and assertive way we play football, what with the goals coming from us committing men forward or trying to play football in our own half. I guess it's inevitable that we're going to get a bloody nose every now and again playing that way, but it feels like a fair pay off for continuing to play such open and aggressive football

Yeah.
BP-F seems to be pretty decent when he has to make a reaction save. His reactions are good and he's agile.
Problems come when he has to think about stuff.
Positioning is poor a lot of the time and he shouldn't be beaten by the kind of daisy cutter from outside the box for the second yesterday. Fucker bounced twice before it got to him.
Coaches really should have that kind of thing sorted by this stage in his career.
But the ball should never have got there in the first place.
The defeat is not down to BP-F alone, but he has a fair share of the blame.
If the second doesn't go in we're still very much in the game.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:00 pm

rss1969 wrote:
Ponte wrote:

The club were stuck in the summer after wasting so much money in previous windows and rewarding mediocrity. They weren't planning on anything other than at best a top 6 finish.

The bamford injury was unfortunate.

Think the loan signings were a necessity as there wasn't any money for permanent signings as we saw with Ronaldo having to go to fund the bamford signing.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:00 pm

be interesting to see those pass maps when they come out. it seemed kalvin was pushed further forward than normal, he was being marked more carefully, but the centre backs weren't being closed down at all and we didn't take advantage of that, which was odd cos cooper is normally good at pushing into any empty space in front of him, maybe he was afraid of their forwards exploiting any space in behind? i dunno, but we looked out-thought in that part of the pitch and the midfield never really got going.

on the whole it just seemed one of those days, even pablo was below par.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Quiffy wrote:be interesting to see those pass maps when they come out. it seemed kalvin was pushed further forward than normal, he was being marked more carefully, but the centre backs weren't being closed down at all and we didn't take advantage of that, which was odd cos cooper is normally good at pushing into any empty space in front of him, maybe he was afraid of their forwards exploiting any space in behind? i dunno, but we looked out-thought in that part of the pitch and the midfield never really got going.

on the whole it just seemed one of those days, even pablo was below par.

Yes, that's what I thought.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:48 am

We beat Derby 4-1 at their place

Derby beat West Brom 4-1 at their place

West Brom beat us 4-1 at their place

So in this little round robin we all have 3 points with equal goal difference except we haven't played at home and the baggies haven't played away.

Just wait. We'll get the cunts at our place. Defeat yesterday would have left them outside the top 10 which is unthinkable for a club with parachute payments and Dwight Gayle on the bench. I think they were motivated after recent results. Nevertheless I hope Bielsa had our lot in at 5am cleaning the toilets with toothbrushes just to remind them that not only do we not like defeat, we fucking despise getting drubbed :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Tommy

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside...

Postby Tommy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:45 am

Pablo’s goal was one of the best we’ve scored this season imho.

Return to “The Square Ball”