Bielsaball Bare-Boners v Bermondsey Bullshitters: CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: Bielsaball Bare-Boners v Bermondsey Bullshitters: CK

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:21 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:We’ve not heard from DL have we? Bit worried the Littlehampton Burberry massive might have cut him up.

I survived. Came home, ate curry, drank beer, watched two more episodes of Trust... then fell asleep on sofa.

Anyway, there was a minor amount of argy bargy in the back of the Barry Kitchener stand this afternoon, when a secret Leeds fan became known to a few of the local Cockney Wankalikes. Various insults were exchanged, a few faces reddened, some fingers jabbed the air menacingly - the air doesn't like that - stewards in oddly tight suits were called over, and threats made [then left unfulfilled]. Fortunately, none of it involved Agent Zigzag here, but some other spark just inside the VIP section who [it was said] had unwisely started singing along to songs emanating from the away end. Fellah stood up for himself, then left early in the second half when it had all blown over. All a bit odd, really.

As for the match, I thought we'd have been hard done by not to have equalised, then almost lost it straight afterwards. As some have said, we missed both Pablo and Roofe very badly. Roberts could have had a hat-trick. Harrison did well with his goal - I'd pretty much resigned myself to an undeserved defeat by that stage. Thought we didn't move the ball fast enough from the back today. Agree that Klich and Samu dovetailed well - Saiz was easily the best player on the park, which was great to see in a match he would have been expecting to have been a target for them. Ayling wasn't great defensively. Bielsa definitely lost his rag with Harris when the latter was time-wasting.

Overall, happy with the point, even though we were the only team trying to play football for the second successive match. How are we going to score against Preston?

Off to bed now. Thank you for worrying about me.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:08 pm

I thought we played quite well. Many's the game against sides like that where I've seen us play a lot less direct than them but still get outplayed by a team playing more effective and therefore in truth better stuff, making more chances, dominating in key areas, etc. But there was really very little of that today. We looked the more effective side. And a point isn't so bad.

Tommy

Bielsaball Bare-Boners v Bermondsey Bullshitters: CK

Postby Tommy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:23 pm

All three of our draws (two on the road) were still decent performances in which we probably could have won if we’d been more clinical with our finishing. As complaints go it’s a minor one considering how well we’re doing and it bodes well that we still haven’t had a genuinely bad performance (at least not in the league).

Faxman made an observation on Twitter - 14 of our 18 man match-day squad were British today. Doesn’t mean owt but still an interesting development.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:08 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Off to bed now. Thank you for worrying about me.

I think we were mostly worried you might still be telling them stories from the War.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:23 pm

63% possession according to the Beeb. Doesn't mean you'll get a result but nice that we dictate play against these agricultural types.

I'm sad that dirty gave his life for a match we didn't win though

Munson

Postby Munson » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 am

Very happy with a point there. And the footballing gods delivered near perfect results in the other games for us, showing how good some of our results have been e.g. against norwich and rovram. *edit, who both got wins today.

Busy fixtures coming up.
How long can we keep it going ?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:33 am

And another thing [or two]. Forshaw definitely ring rusty when he came on. Bielsa's right: he needs some U23s inside him. [F'narr.]
Also, we were slower out from the back today probably mainly due to Pontus, who isn't as quick as Berardi to see the forward pass and so he plays sideways. Of course, he's far superior in the air and played an important part there today, winning lots of headers... so swings and roundabouts. Wonder if he can be taught the sharper forward pass thing?
BPF kicked long more too as they tried hard to close down his passing out to the defenders. Inevitably we were reduced to picking up second ball as their defenders always won it.

Now for the seaside.

barry white

Postby barry white » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Harris's face :clown:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Loco's style of playing the ball out from the back and always trying to be on the front foot (attack best form of defence) leaves no place for Pontus,so if anyone is offering us anything like £10m in January for him snatch their arm off,we can manage bart him if we spend the money wisely.
And before certain nutters go busting head blood vessels,yes he is our best defender,but we're not a defending team now.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:57 pm

If you're offence is good, then you're deefence is also good!!
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:22 pm

kennyb41 wrote:Loco's style of playing the ball out from the back and always trying to be on the front foot (attack best form of defence) leaves no place for Pontus,so if anyone is offering us anything like £10m in January for him snatch their arm off,we can manage bart him if we spend the money wisely.
And before certain nutters go busting head blood vessels,yes he is our best defender,but we're not a defending team now.

I see your point but he was excellent against Norwich at both defending and in possession. We had more or less a full team with Phillips and Klich in their proper positions as well so the easy 5 yard passes (which is what we want our CB's getting involved in) to better players would have been more evident.

Return to “The Square Ball”