u23 2018 Season

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
sunshine whites

u23 2018 Season

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:47 pm

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/academ ... rk-rangers

streaming tonight live
on Leeds United App - available on iOS and Android.
watch the first half of the game live on Leeds United’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, with minute by minute updates available on offious site.

Quiffy

Re: u23 2018 Season

Postby Quiffy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:42 pm

sunshine whites wrote:https://www.leedsunited.com/news/academy-news/23747/under-23s-v-queens-park-rangers

streaming tonight live
on Leeds United App - available on iOS and Android.
watch the first half of the game live on Leeds United’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, with minute by minute updates available on offious site.

had my phone only last night, mobdro gave me the spurs manU match but i enjoyed watching this more on the LUTV app for the last 30 minutes.

bobby kamwa's a bit sharp, also liked the look of leif davies at left back. the reviews this morning picked out jack clarke again, but i liked the fact that after conceding an injury time equaliser from a corner where the initial clearance was decent, corberan apparently had the whole team out on the pitch after the match to show them how they should have defended it.

so this is the u-23's thread for the season then SW?
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Quiffy wrote:
sunshine whites wrote: so this is the u-23's thread for the season then SW?

Could be but I have been named shamed for the title :cry:

Cheers for feedback
Very encouraging there seems to be prospects coming through
Clark get ting noticed
Edmondson has squad number

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:50 pm

sunshine whites wrote:
Quiffy wrote:
sunshine whites wrote: so this is the u-23's thread for the season then SW?

Could be but I have been named shamed for the title :cry:

As the OP, you and only you can edit it in the main thread. Everyone else can only edit in their reply title.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Leeds United
Verified account @LUFC
FULL TIME: A second half brace from Jack Clarke secures a 2-1 win over Cardiff City, and the U23s continue their unbeaten run
2 replies 4 retweets 33 likes

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:29 pm

Wonder how much input Don Marcelo has to the u23s and others.
When Cruyff started the revolution at Barca one of the big things was that all levels should play the same way, from the lowest up to the first team.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:13 pm

El Loco has been at the U23 games, and the play style is mirroring the first team.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:38 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Wonder how much input Don Marcelo has to the u23s and others.
When Cruyff started the revolution at Barca one of the big things was that all levels should play the same way, from the lowest up to the first team.

last year the u23's played better football than the first team, not quite the bielsa plan, but it won't have been such a change for them. haven't had a chance to see enough of them this season, so wouldn't like to say, but i bet they are following the bielsa blueprint
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:42 pm

welshwhite wrote:Leeds United
Verified account @LUFC
FULL TIME: A second half brace from Jack Clarke secures a 2-1 win over Cardiff City, and the U23s continue their unbeaten run
2 replies 4 retweets 33 likes

With the added bonus of the McKay brothers toiling to insignificance for the Blues

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:20 am

Fucking hell, Colin signed the McKays to Cardiff? What a bent shithouse.

Rob

Postby Rob » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:40 am

Tommy wrote:Fucking hell, Colin signed the McKays to Cardiff? What a bent shithouse.

And seemingly both on two and a half year contracts....

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:58 am

Winger on Cardiff City win.

Leeds United Under-23s winger Jack Clarke spoke exclusively to www.leedsunited.com following Monday’s victory over Cardiff City.

Clarke netted both a free-kick and penalty to ensure the Whites came from behind to defeat the Bluebirds on the road.

The Whites have now taken 10 points from a possible 12 so far this season and Clarke has been pleased with the results.

“I thought we started a bit slowly, missed a few chances and it was a bit scrappy,” said Clarke.

“We got into the game, but then Cardiff scored before us, which went against us, but I thought the boys were class, we did well to fight back and get the result in the end.

“It is always nice to get on the score-sheet, but I’m just helping the team to get the result which is the most important thing.

“It has been a very good start to the season, but it is due to all of our hard work in pre-season, we are working off the first team philosophy and it is working for them and working for us.

“We have good character in the squad, we can play well or play poorly, but still grind out results, which is good especially in the league.

“I think we’ve improved massively as a team over the last 12 months, it took us a while to get going and learning new philosophies, but now we are used to it, we have come a long way.

“It’s good that we’ve been putting together long unbeaten runs, it gives us a reputation as one of the better Under-23 squads in the country.

“Within the squad we will take every game as it comes, we want to play our best and put on good performances.”

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:31 am

Tommy wrote:Fucking hell, Colin signed the McKays to Cardiff? What a bent shithouse.

You wonder how whoever signs the cheques never smells a rat. Even in terms of wankerdeals this takes the biscuit. Surely it must stand out like a sore thumb.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:12 pm

I’m at this! Great play by Jack Clarke down the right to set up Bamford for his goal.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Bloody hell, Clarke again down the right. Looks a player! Nice strike by Nicell.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:25 pm

And Clarke thumps one into the top rh corner. Alioski should be getting nervous!

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Bamford off, injury!

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Tycipa wrote:Bamford off, injury!

Kinell...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:51 pm

It’s constant non stop play by Leeds. Very nice on the eye. Bielsa here watching from the stands.
Clarke the standout player, Baker and Harrison playing well too but that’s expected.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:00 pm

just got in, caught this on twitter. interesting clarke's on the right here, looks like he's ampi-foot-strous, or whatever. heck of a player.

Return to “The Square Ball”