Six (fingers) in a row - Norwich CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
LSD&2Es

Six (fingers) in a row - Norwich CK

Postby LSD&2Es » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:03 pm

OK, I'm starting this one, so as to rule myself out of being allowed to do any others, heading off to Mallorca tomorrow and having had 5 double #fridayeve gins.

Plus, I love a pink 'un

Sorry in advance, you Cunts

dirty leeds

Re: Six (fingers) in a row - Norwich CK

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:14 pm

Bit early, innit? Team news?

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:43 am

Cooper definitely out, Jansson is a late call - cant see how Bielsa thinks we have enough in the squad in terms of CB and CDM?!

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:51 am

LSD&2Es wrote:OK, I'm starting this one, so as to rule myself out of being allowed to do any others, heading off to Mallorca tomorrow and having had 5 double #fridayeve gins.

Plus, I love a pink 'un

Sorry in advance, you Cunts

Yip, I am off to Sa Coma tomorrow myself, and can't wait. I can only hope for 3 points with our makeshift back line.
Andymac

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:40 am

Went to this last season and had a good day out despite losing. Mainly because I have a corker of a parking space near the ground. It's not as good as the Brentford one but it's pretty damn good. Alas, us being good all of a sudden means there is legitimate demand for tickets now and it has sold out. Ordinarily I've always been able to source one or two on Twitter but this time around too many people are interested. I bought a membership but it turns out it was a complete waste of money because the tickets are sold in stages like so -

- First batch to season ticket holders.
- Second batch to membership holders who traveled to 11 away games last season.
- Third batch to membership holder who traveled to 10 away games last season.

After that it isn't defined but it could well continue to go down through the numbers. Basically I bought a piece of plastic with my name on it for £40. :thumbl:

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:46 am

Tommy wrote:- First batch to season ticket holders.

After that it isn't defined but it could well continue to go down through the numbers. Basically I bought a piece of plastic with my name on it for £40. :thumbl:

WTAF?
I like it. What is it?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:46 am

Tommy wrote:Went to this last season and had a good day out despite losing. Mainly because I have a corker of a parking space near the ground. It's not as good as the Brentford one but it's pretty damn good. Alas, us being good all of a sudden means there is legitimate demand for tickets now and it has sold out. Ordinarily I've always been able to source one or two on Twitter but this time around too many people are interested. I bought a membership but it turns out it was a complete waste of money because the tickets are sold in stages like so -

Don't worry, T, when we play this fixture at the Gillette Stadium, New England there'll be plenty of room for everyone. :mrgreen:

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:47 am

Tommy wrote:Went to this last season and had a good day out despite losing. Mainly because I have a corker of a parking space near the ground. It's not as good as the Brentford one but it's pretty damn good. Alas, us being good all of a sudden means there is legitimate demand for tickets now and it has sold out. Ordinarily I've always been able to source one or two on Twitter but this time around too many people are interested. I bought a membership but it turns out it was a complete waste of money because the tickets are sold in stages like so -

Yeah I did the same the last couple of years, not a sniff of away tickets.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:49 am

You missed away season ticket holders - fuck knows how many of those we have now but it must be a decent chunk off the away allocations.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:00 am

I'm actually not that fussed about it because I always seem to get to a decent number of matches each season anyhow and mostly can't afford it, it just amused me to see it structured that way.

It's hard to argue that it's unfair given that I'd obviously defer any ticket to people who went to more matches last season, it's just amusing that this system also precludes folk from seeing sufficient away matches to qualify next season and presumably so on indefinitely. Next season I might split a season ticket with someone to get a foot in the door.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 am

WALMOT has posted an interesting link on Twitter

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:29 am

Yeah the ticket thing is a real conundrum. I fancied this one but was nowhere near the criteria, and, like Tommy said, have no prospect of getting near the criteria when I can’t buy a ticket :lol:

Club surely needs to think about a solution that doesn’t involve putting the loyal fans nose out of joint
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:47 am

the lion's share going to ST holders makes total sense, they're the lifeblood of the club.

but these grandfather rights for people who've historically gone away a lot, pff, not so much.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:55 am

It's pretty clear there is no perfect solution. I'm not even sure I agree with the number held for ST holders over members unless it's also coupled with this loyalty thing? My last away was Rotherham and that was only due to the walk. Before that it was Norwich the day Kandol got sent off within seconds of coming on. Why should I have greater access to tickets than someone who managed a game or 2 more recently and actively tried to get tickets on other occasions?

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:03 am

The irony being I tend to get to maybe 8-10 games a season (mostly away) but I almost always have to get them second-hand from other fans.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:35 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Don't worry, T, when we play this fixture at the Gillette Stadium, New England there'll be plenty of room for everyone. :mrgreen:

:basket: :mrgreen:

"cant see how Bielsa thinks we have enough in the squad in terms of CB and CDM?!" coarse he knows, you now, but hes not enough to talk up the price of anyone we may trying to bring in, its likkle white lie, he will apologize in 10 years & PJ will send him a hug

If fit PJ plays, he would have been cashed in if not the plans.

crap thread title btw

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:44 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:Cooper definitely out, Jansson is a late call - cant see how Bielsa thinks we have enough in the squad in terms of CB and CDM?!

He's just being pragmatic. He's mentioned a couple of times in the last week how on average a club will have 4 players unavailable for every game and that is baked into his desire to have 2 players for every position. He had 3 it and 1 doubt so he sees it as normal. They just happen to include 2 CBs. He also said something about having the U23s for that purpose.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:52 pm

sunshine whites wrote:[its likkle white lie, he will apologize in 10 years & PJ will send him a hug

:mrgreen:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Toxic twins at their sexist best
got a Grammy for this anol

it was toss up between this & the less subtle Sink the Pink

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:You missed away season ticket holders - fuck knows how many of those we have now but it must be a decent chunk off the away allocations.

I think there are 800 away season tickets available.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Return to “The Square Ball”