Bury Trots Thai Tin Pot Cup CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
sunshine whites

Bury Trots Thai Tin Pot Cup CK

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:44 am

Those fkers have started well beat the Saggies openig game 2-1 then went to Brizzle were 2 up but lost the lead to get a 2-2 draw.
4 pints from the opening 2 games.
Not sure how many changes Parkinson will make as you would think they are desperate for the cash injection, need a cup run, and will field a strong side.
Murphy to start from them with the inevitable ex player scoring curse?

Lufc expecting a lot of changes there are a lot of mouths feed, loanees, Bamford & Pontus all need playing time-
U23's play tonight so we'll be able to tell who's not playing.
“Yes, we will have some changes. Some players who played today will play, the majority of players who played today will not play.” Leeds Live quote El Loco speeky
LUFC V Sheep was: Peacock-Farrell, Ayling, Cooper, Phillips, Berardi, Douglas, Klich, Hernandez, Alioski, Saiz, Roofe.
Subs: Blackman, Bamford, Roberts, Jansson, Harrison, Baker, Shackleton.

There4 one wood expect ALL the subs to play.

LINE UP PREDICTION if all fit, shirley we are not risking defensive staters Ayling or Cooper, not sure who else could fill in at RB?
I'd hope a good run out would see PJ back in & would see Ayling / Cooper/ Pontus/ Douglas as our strongest defensive back line in the league.

Blackman
Bacardi Shaughnessy Jansson Pearce
Shackleton Baker
Harrison Roberts Dallas
Bamford

fk all the talk of not wanting a cup run, lufc have a lot players needing game time, the gate money ash never hurts, and as unlikely as its seems a trip to wobbly, & some silverware would be nice!

thestraw

Re: Bury Trots Thai Tin Pot cup

Postby thestraw » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:27 am

He'll probably rest players like Cooper, Ayling, Douglas, Phillips, Klich, Roofe, Pablo and Saiz. And he'll probably want to see Blackman, Pearce, Baker, Harrison, Pontus and Bamford. Id also like to see Roberts given game time along with our cover in centre defence and central midfield if we have injuries, whoever that may be in l Loco's mind. Its anyone's guess how we will line up tomorrow.
#MOT #GAWA

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Dallas is out injured anyway.

I reckon Shaughnessy could well play the Kalvin Phillips role v Bolton, given he started out as a midfielder and has already shown us he can do a job at CB. He's one of the four youngsters that Bielsa highly rates.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:26 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Dallas is out injured anyway..

I did say " if all fit"
El Loco just confirmed at the Pisser "Stuart Dallas - should be back shortly, within 20 days of his injury Bielsa says. Adam Forshaw will be more like a month. #lufc"

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:27 pm

"Conor Shaughnessy will play for the 23s against Coventry tonight and will be in the 18 tomorrow. Recovered from ankle surgery. #lufc"

So thats 2 down out of the predictions assumng starters from last 2 games would be rested.

See who players for the U23 tonight
Diaz , Rey, & Stevens have been around the first team squad if not starting tonight perhaps they come in?

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Lots of people, especially other teams' fans, saying we have a small squad.
Bollox, says I.
We have cover everywhere and a few players can play multiple positions.
Obviously losing Saiz or KP would be a blow, but not enough to knock the plan off course.
Bielsa obviously knows more than any of us, but personally I'd give plenty of the squad players a run out.
There's nothing like a competitive match to keep them sharp, and it'll make them feel part of the plan.
They'll all be needed at some stage.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:43 pm

In his press conference he more or less rattled off the team and named everyone who hasn't had a sniff saying that they would play although he also named Phillips :study:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:00 pm

I'd like to see Jack Clarke get a little game time.

JohnGiles

Postby JohnGiles » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:04 pm

welshwhite wrote:I'd like to see Jack Clarke get a little game time.

Shrewdie

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:05 pm

Marcelo Bielsa: "Tomorrow, many players who haven't played so far will play - Blackman, Shackleton, Jansson, Pearce, Baker, Phillips, Roberts, Bamford and Harrison. These players will play tomorrow." #LUFC

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Marcelo Bielsa: "Tomorrow, many players who haven't played so far will play - Blackman, Shackleton, Jansson, Pearce, Baker, Phillips, Roberts, Bamford and Harrison. These players will play tomorrow." #LUFC

I doubt if he's taking this game serious if he's naming most of the team already.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:21 pm

welshwhite wrote:I doubt if he's taking this game serious if he's naming most of the team already.

The named, included a new 10M rated striker, Vice Captian WC :viking: player, England 23's, Loanees from Celskum, Championship starting GK are hardly the B team? FFS

Bielsa on whether the League Cup is a priority: "FO, Every official game is very important and we take it very seriously."

El Loco Speaks on the chance in knockout competitions of getting to Wembley: "I played there as manager of Argentina and it was an unforgettable experience. I don't know the new Wembley. I'd like to go there, and not as a spectator & WW can "
40 v love, all Aces, ball in your court Cunto :cyclops:

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:43 pm

sunshine whites wrote:
welshwhite wrote:I doubt if he's taking this game serious if he's naming most of the team already.

The named, included a new 10M rated striker, Vice Captian WC :viking: player, England 23's, Loanees from Celskum, Championship starting GK are hardly the B team? FFS

Bielsa on whether the League Cup is a priority: "FO, Every official game is very important and we take it very seriously."

El Loco Speaks on the chance in knockout competitions of getting to Wembley: "I played there as manager of Argentina and it was an unforgettable experience. I don't know the new Wembley. I'd like to go there, and not as a spectator & WW can "
40 v love, all Aces, ball in your court Cunto :cyclops:

I'm not criticising the team, silly person. I'm remarking on him naming the squad now. Its usually named a hour before kick-off.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:01 pm

welshwhite wrote:I'm not criticising the team, silly person. I'm remarking on him naming the squad now. Its usually named a hour before kick-off.

No worries I'm in the lunatic fringe & minority that wants a cup run, & canny wait for the next game.
No disrespect to your opinion but imho EL Loco will be taking this game very seriously, as we've only played 2 competitive games for pints this one counts, to evaluate players he has not yet seen during game time.
:lol: :fish: :thumbl:

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:12 pm

fair to assume the following 5 youngsters wont be starting in the Cup, as they are playing to night
My guess is the cup team will be pretty much from the squad as named last couple games, but Subs will start, and swap places with the starters going to the bench?
Shackleton Edmondson may get game time?

NOW Leeds United 23s XI
XI: Huffer, Nicell, De Bock, Shaughnessy, Struijk, Diaz, Stevens, Rey, Dalby, Ideguchi, Clarke.
Subs: Miazek, Kamwa, McCalmont, Sarkic, Gotts.

We look very thin in depth of experienced defensive players? hence EL Loco comments loans may still come in.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:15 pm

It will be interesting to see what sort of team Bolton put out tomorrow night, as someone has already said they have had a good/surprising start.
Andymac

JohnGiles

Postby JohnGiles » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:37 pm

sunshine whites wrote:fair to assume the following 5 youngsters wont be starting in the Cup, as they are playing to night
My guess is the cup team will be pretty much from the squad as named last couple games, but Subs will start, and swap places with the starters going to the bench?
Shackleton Edmondson may get game time?

NOW Leeds United 23s XI
XI: Huffer, Nicell, De Bock, Shaughnessy, Struijk, Diaz, Stevens, Rey, Dalby, Ideguchi, Clarke.
Subs: Miazek, Kamwa, McCalmont, Sarkic, Gotts.

We look very thin in depth of experienced defensive players? hence EL Loco comments loans may still come in.

“His Nibs”

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:10 pm

LUTV Games in the Carabao Tni pot Cup are not available to be live streamed. Fans in the UK and worldwide can listen to live commentary with club legend Eddie Gray for just 99p.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:18 am

Quite looking forward to this. Very interested in whether the ‘shadow team’ can play in the same way as the first XI
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:29 am

sunshine whites wrote:fair to assume the following 5 youngsters wont be starting in the Cup, as they are playing to night
Shaughnessy,

Bielsa did say that Shaughnessy would be involved in the u23 game and the cup match in his interview, will be an interesting break with tradition if that does happen.

Hope Bielsa and his team can make a player of De Bock, would be a useful addition to his squad if he can find his feet.

Return to “The Square Ball”