fat frank's ram-a-loco ding dong CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: fat frank's ram-a-loco ding dong CK

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:25 pm

And fullbacks arriving late for crosses in the oppo's box.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:21 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Personally I’d prefer we started rotation pretty soon, not just when someone breaks. Get all of the squad involved in this type of match play, as well as relieving the first team. I’m thinking of the odd one or two, maybe after four games at the most?

Yeah, dunno. At a minimum pontus will be getting some gametime very soon. Bamford probably too. Roberts, Baker, Harrison maybe too.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:31 pm

the flying pig wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Personally I’d prefer we started rotation pretty soon, not just when someone breaks. Get all of the squad involved in this type of match play, as well as relieving the first team. I’m thinking of the odd one or two, maybe after four games at the most?

Yeah, dunno. At a minimum pontus will be getting some gametime very soon. Bamford probably too. Roberts, Baker, Harrison maybe too.

There’ll be a lot of changes on Tuesday night.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:55 pm

I'm pretty sure the 40 days head start Bielsa referenced re Roofe/Bamford applies to a number of players. I also think Klich starting with the U23s is partially why he's been subbed in both games (a little behind on fitness with the expectation Vieira would start).

The more recent signings and Pontus will not be unleashed until they are well and truly prepared but the cup game is likely to be their Last Palmas game, that final fitness milestone. I'm expecting a lot of changes then rotation to kick in a little after the Rotherham game.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Wasn't it squad rotation (see Newport County) that messed up our whole season last year?

I think what Bielsa advocated was fighting for the right to control the game

It's like when a dog puts a paw on another dogs head to show supremacy. Once that's done... the rest is easy

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
LSD&2Es wrote:Wish people would stop being so negative about BPF! That ball moved mid-flight, up to which point he was well set right behind it.

That's kind of the point we're making.
It moved, he didn't.

Meant to point this out earlier - Kalvin followed the Derby player in the wall rather than jumping. If he'd jumped it would have hit him. Hard to legislate for your whole wall not jumping as a keeper.

Either way it would be daft to drop BPF or indeed, anyone after the last two matches. If Forshaw came back I wouldn't put him in. Leave it like this until there's a compelling reason to change it around.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:57 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Wasn't it squad rotation (see Newport County) that messed up our whole season last year?

It's like when a dog puts a paw on another dogs head to show supremacy. Once that's done... the rest is easy

It would be very simplistic to blame everything on the Newport game, that wasn't so much squad rotation as give the first team the day off but personally i think the rot had set in long before that game.

Squad rotation will be needed this season something bielsa isn't a fan of but the fact we have more league games will hopefully force him to look at it. Tim Vickery (south American football expert) often mentions a quote from a former bielsa player that if football was played by robots bielsa would be the king.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:09 am

Mr Reality wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:Wasn't it squad rotation (see Newport County) that messed up our whole season last year?

It would be very simplistic to blame everything on the Newport game, that wasn't so much squad rotation as give the first team the day off but personally i think the rot had set in long before that game.

Squad rotation will be needed this season something bielsa isn't a fan of but the fact we have more league games will hopefully force him to look at it. Tim Vickery (south American football expert) often mentions a quote from a former bielsa player that if football was played by robots bielsa would be the king.

I agree. Last season we were completely undone by back to back away defeats at Millwall and Cardiff, there were other factors but the passing numbers before and after, both attempted and completed are very very different. TC compromised on his style whenever it failed in those games. Somehow I don't see Bielsa compromising if/when the same happens. We have Millwall away in September again, of we get through that game still playing like this and still unbeaten I'll be very much getting carried away.

As for the risk of burnout, Bielsa's job to sort that out, if he doesn't, we better hope we have enough points on the board or we have the quality needed in reserve. In this regard it's promising we're delivering with mostly the same players so far.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:14 am

Mustafaster wrote:
LSD&2Es wrote:Wish people would stop being so negative about BPF! That ball moved mid-flight, up to which point he was well set right behind it.

That's kind of the point we're making.
It moved, he didn't.

It was about 5 yards from the lad, doing 60 FFS! :lol:

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:27 am

LSD&2Es wrote:
It was about 5 yards from the lad, doing 60 FFS! :lol:

He missed it because he set his wall up poorly, couldn't see Lawrence and ducked just as the ball was hit over his head. Watch it again. If he'd stood up he'd have stoped it.

It was the only thing he really had to do all game and he fucked it up. BPF would be fine as second or preferably 3rd choice keeper. He's not good enough to be good choice if we want to go up.

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:38 am

Phil LUFC wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

I agree. Last season we were completely undone by back to back away defeats at Millwall and Cardiff, there were other factors but the passing numbers before and after, both attempted and completed are very very different. TC compromised on his style whenever it failed in those games. Somehow I don't see Bielsa compromising if/when the same happens. We have Millwall away in September again, of we get through that game still playing like this and still unbeaten I'll be very much getting carried away.

As for the risk of burnout, Bielsa's job to sort that out, if he doesn't, we better hope we have enough points on the board or we have the quality needed in reserve. In this regard it's promising we're delivering with mostly the same players so far.

We're two games in to a long season. There's plenty of time yet for rotation, and TBF Id baulk at any wholesale change, preferring more minor editions as players come 'on stream' (ie meet whatever it is MB sees at TA that defines his selections).

Im quite certain that Janson, Bamford and others will make both that mark, and so, a starting 1st XI, at some point, but for now Im already impressed that he - unlike TC - isnt dropping players for singular errors (and there's been a few, by plenty), nor (as you say) is he compromising on his style.

Whether that style will be the right one come wet and windy autumn Tuesdays remains to be seen - and Im quite sure we'll get hammered by someone at some point - but for me he's already proven he's doing something right, by the players, most if not all of whom are performing above 17/18 levels; by the board, given he's working with what they bought or borrowed for him; and by fans, for whom he's [trying] to speak post-match English, [trying] to work miracles with a cleared out squad, and for 180 glorious minutes to date, delivering - in at least one instance - even sexual gratification.

Bielko IN.

(At least, till September, when it'll all change. Obviously.)
I like it. What is it?

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:13 am

Fck me they have a week to recover currently,how long does a footballer need to recover these days!!!???...I played semi-pro on Saturdays and Sundays and went to work through the week on building sites,Jeez they're playing on great pitches these days and if the balls up field can get a breather,ok if you've run somebody into the ground for 75mins they'll probably begin to tire,but fck me if you can't recover after 3-4 days of rest this football science of training is fcked up,there's blokes who have run marathons every day for days on end (Eddie fcking Izzard of all people) and you're telling me a footballer who's played 90mins of football on a Saturday afternoon can't recover for the following week,fcking bollocks,sort the fcking science out.
I hope there's changes allover the park for the cup games and hope we crash out after a couple of games that should be treated as good friendlies where we can get the bench lads up to speed with the rest of the current,don't risk crocking the current lot who have started so well,and BPF did flap like fck at something he should've gone at with two hands and not the weak flapping one,I would be ruthless and drop him if tother new keeper has a great game in this cup shyte.
I don't like Cooper,Bererdi,Roofe,Phillips,BPF in the team,but fck me they deserve their place and are playing as a team working for each other and earning their spot,don't disrupt a winning group mentality (apart from shyte cup games) let them know they've earned their right to be in the first eleven and won't lose that spot if they continue to get results,get the bench eager to get onto the pitch,which will inevieatably come with injuries and suspensions,how the fck could anybody drop Roofe atm and fcking destroy him after all the hardwork he's done,I think Bamfords a better player but no way would I destroy Roofes confidence while he's flying high,keep the team on a roll,enough problems will come heading into winter,roll on the next game i'm fcking buzzing.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:13 am

I hate to sound like a pessimistic scum bag, but I'm leeds; when does this all goes tits up? November ?
#MOT #GAWA

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 am

I'd imagine that Bielsa and team have everybody on message - that message being we are a squad playing an energetic, demanding style and so we need everyone to be ready to step in as and when required... and they will be required. In any case, questions about dropping BPF after one mistake won't actually arise in this midweek match, because Bielsa has probably already told Blackman he's in for the cup game whatever happened at Derby. I guess we'll find out in a couple of days. I'd definitely expect a bug turnaround of players v Bolton. Who will partner Pontus at CB, though? And who will be in for Phillips? Plenty of good options further upfield.

The week-long gaps between league games don't last forever - they stop next week, as it happens. And we're talking about burn-out later on in the season, not actually now or in October/November. Playing it clever on selections now will pay dividends come March/April.

If we can get to a place where we can play, say, Klich or Forshaw in their position and it won't make much difference to the overall performance on the day, that's what we should be aiming at. Y'know, can Pearce come in for Douglas and look almost as effective? Will Baker be able to fill Samu's boots well enough if he misses a game? Or do we switch Pablo inside and play one of the new winger fellahs? Who will stand in for Ayling? [Berardi at RB or Dallas?] No doubt Bielsa will have all this shit worked out, but it'd be great to see our 'second stringers' come in as a bunch against Bolton and play just like this week's first 11.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:17 am

Spot on and that's what the training ground is for,get them all up to speed with what's expected of them when they do get their chance,and if it looks sound and virtually all positions are well covered then rotate the odd one or two,injuries and suspensions will come and that should be enough rotating for me,if they don't then use your squad to full effect.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:58 am

kennyb41 wrote:Fck me they have a week to recover currently,how long does a footballer need to recover these days!!!???.................................i'm fcking buzzing.

thing is kenny you've got to play the long game. poch at southamption and then his first two years at spurs, likewise klopp at liverpool in his first year, their teams ran out of steam in april, the most crucial part of the season. a small drop in your performance at such a stage of the season might not have been so noticable, but it's fine margins at the top.

and we're all leeds, we've got to think of a reason for it to go tits up otherwise we feel uncomfortable.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:43 am

Quiffy wrote:
and we're all leeds, we've got to think of a reason for it to go tits up, to protect us from the disappointment when it inevitably does.

FTFY :lol:
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:10 pm

Out of nowhere, remembered a particular high point from Saturday - bringing the kid Shackleton on.
I like it. What is it?

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:25 pm

thestraw wrote:I hate to sound like a pessimistic scum bag, but I'm leeds; when does this all goes tits up? November ?

November seems a little optimistic to me. A home defeat to Rotherham should start the rot :thumbl:

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Devi wrote:Out of nowhere, remembered a particular high point from Saturday - bringing the kid Shackleton on.

Shackleton signed a new 3 year deal today- good to see the academy is still turning them out

Return to “The Square Ball”