Fitter Stoke (Has A Bath) : CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Fitter Stoke (Has A Bath) : CK

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Fuck it, I'm having this one, don't give a fuck if it's early..

As always, hugely excited at the beginning of a new season, but especially so this time because Don Marcelo.
In fact I'm struggling to remember when I was last so excited about the first match.
For once this is not going to be a season of grinding mediocrity seasoned by the occasional acute pain in the pancreas due to incredible fuckwitterie.
I love it!

COME ON YE WHITES

You don't suspect my life's a mess.... See some place abroad..
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

dirty leeds

Re: Fitter Stoke (Has A Bath) : CK

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:29 pm

I think we'll win this. A bright start for Bamford and Douglas; a touch of class from Pablo and Samu, and we lay a marker down with our fitness.

C'mon you fuckers: give us something.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Am due to attend the reverse in the winter so going there on the back of tonking them tomorrow would be perfect.

Faith in the team and the Project :salute:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:43 pm

There’ll be a lot of quite pissed up onlookers tomorrow, should be very raucous, especially as we progress towards our first three points. Very much looking forward to this.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:03 pm

It's a no from me not enough done in the window. Which is a shame considering the management is finally the best in the division sadly he's not a miracle worker.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see a bright start against stoke.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Mr Reality wrote:It's a no from me not enough done in the window. Which is a shame considering the management is finally the best in the division sadly he's not a miracle worker.

You really don’t have a clue! On one thread you’re considering buying a ST and here it’s all negativity balanced by some bullshit about doing well tomorrow, just so that you can be seen to sit on the fence! It seems to me you want to be believe but can’t because curmudgeon.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Tycipa wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:It's a no from me not enough done in the window. Which is a shame considering the management is finally the best in the division sadly he's not a miracle worker.

You really don’t have a clue! On one thread you’re considering buying a ST and here it’s all negativity balanced by some bullshit about doing well tomorrow, just so that you can be seen to sit on the fence! It seems to me you want to be believe but can’t because curmudgeon.

In what way don't I have a clue.

Since the appointment of bielsa I have considered it but the transfer situation has shown that the club isn't serious about promotion.

I do think it will be three points tomorrow.

If I was sitting on the fence I wouldn't comment.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Football is not a spreadsheet or some neat mathematical problem that needs solving. To me it’s an emotional hobby not a central tenet of my life and as such I get as much pleasure out of it as I can. You need to get your priorities right, do you stand on the sidelines carping on like some whinging parent of an eight year old or do you get your arse down to ER and let rip for a couple of hours.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:36 pm

Football is very much a mathematical problem. It's why mathematical graduates are now part and parcel of every top level club in the country. The importance of statistics and analytics can no longer be ignored.

I suggest reading either the numbers game or soccernomics. These may give you some insight into the importance of mathematics to the modern game.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Football is very much a mathematical problem. It's why mathematical graduates are now part and parcel of every top level club in the country. The importance of statistics and analytics can no longer be ignored.

I suggest reading either the numbers game or soccernomics. These may give you some insight into the importance of mathematics to the modern game.

I’ve read both and am saddened by the whole unemotional statto wankfest it’s become. If it’s so easy to do the maths and you’ll tell me there is only one solution to a given problem then why doesn’t everyone have the answer?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Football is very much a mathematical problem. It's why mathematical graduates are now part and parcel of every top level club in the country. The importance of statistics and analytics can no longer be ignored.

Cuz, its summer, take a break from teaching maths.

The summer teacher sidelines I know about are ok, go do man with van or shot coke till the little cunts come back.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Tycipa wrote:

I’ve read both and am saddened by the whole unemotional statto wankfest it’s become. If it’s so easy to do the maths and you’ll tell me there is only one solution to a given problem then why doesn’t everyone have the answer?

Football will always be emotional. Statistics if analysed correctly can provide an edge.

Please feel free to find me the post where I have made the comments and I will gladly answer your point otherwise don't miss quote me.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Blackwhite wrote:

Cuz, its summer, take a break from teaching maths.

The summer teacher sidelines I know about are ok, go do man with van or shot coke till the little cunts come back.

:scratch:

AmarinderBedi

Postby AmarinderBedi » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:29 pm

We’re back!! And with a glorious new manager and optimism aboundIng! Come on Leeds!

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Im also a believer in a win tomorrow but the season going tits up. Its something to do with a season involving 46 games.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:28 am

Mr Reality wrote: Since the appointment of bielsa I have considered it but the transfer situation has shown that the club isn't serious about promotion.

Respectfully err that's the square root of bollox.
Huge change in the coach, playing style & recruitment policies,
15 players out or going, the dead wood cleared,
4 players in, all quality players with experience in Championship as opposed to foreign import punts,
Signing Bamford was massive statement largest amount spent in years, and they did have go for the leagues top scoring striker.
Some common had to prevail not get fleeced on transfer fee demands & wages.
Was it enough, definitely not,but it aint over yet, few days of the window to go & still loans.
The signs are there that the ownership & coach are serious about promotion, but rebuilding the team will take time.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:31 am

We really should lose this given that -

1) Stoke are basically the favourites for the league and have retained some cracking players.
2) Our likely defensive pairing in the middle will be Cooper & Berardi with Phillips just ahead, which strikes me as somewhere between feeble and calamitous.
3) We've got a new manager, with a new system of playing and new players. Again. It'll probably take a few matches for it to gel under Bilko, if it ever does.

But it's the Championship and specifically the first day of the Championship so who the fuck knows at this point?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:35 am

Tommy wrote:We really should lose this given that -

1) Stoke are basically the favourites for the league and have retained some cracking players.
2) Our likely defensive pairing in the middle will be Cooper & Berardi with Phillips just ahead, which strikes me as somewhere between feeble and calamitous.
3) We've got a new manager, with a new system of playing and new players. Again. It'll probably take a few matches for it to gel under Bilko, if it ever does.

But it's the Championship and specifically the first day of the Championship so who the fuck knows at this point?

1&3) If Stoke do win, Newcastle dicked us opening game in ‘89. New highly rated manager changing things and it didn’t work straight away.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:42 am

1 - Aston Villa were favourites last year and look at how that turned out. With those players they should have creamed it. Amongst other stuff, they had that 'we're too good for this league' shit about them for a lot of the season.

2 - Can't argue with that.

3 - Stoke are Premiership failures who need some serious re-motivating. It could either way if they're not seriously up for it. Every other team will go for their throats. Teams like, say, Brentford are going to be a fucking nightmare for Stoke, if their attitude isn't spot on. That's where I hope we can hurt them today.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:47 am

sunshine whites wrote:
Mr Reality wrote: Since the appointment of bielsa I have considered it but the transfer situation has shown that the club isn't serious about promotion.

Respectfully err that's the square root of bollox.
Huge change in the coach, playing style & recruitment policies,
15 players out or going, the dead wood cleared,
4 players in, all quality players with experience in Championship as opposed to foreign import punts,
Signing Bamford was massive statement largest amount spent in years, and they did have go for the leagues top scoring striker.
Some common had to prevail not get fleeced on transfer fee demands & wages.
Was it enough, definitely not,but it aint over yet, few days of the window to go & still loans.
The signs are there that the ownership & coach are serious about promotion, but rebuilding the team will take time.

Agree to disagree.

Return to “The Square Ball”