BBfuckinC watch.

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

BBfuckinC watch.

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:37 pm

We need a thread to point out some of the dreadful dumbing down and transparent puff pieces and other general fuckwitterie that abounds on the BBC.
Your starter for 10
Today programme this morning, 08:20.
Interview with John Cleese and his daughter to plug her show at the Edinburgh Festival.
She's among the hundreds of unknown comedians trying to make a name but us fawned over on the flagship news programme for 10 minutes.
In addition, Cleese is given time to tell us all how awful the UK is and his reasons for going to live in the Caribbean to spend more time with his money.
Grrrrrrr!
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

welshwhite

Re: BBfuckinC watch.

Postby welshwhite » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:01 pm

It gets a 10/10 off me for not putting me through fucking adverts.
I'd give Sky an extra 100 quid a year if they'd just fuck the adverts off.

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:01 pm

Missed a trick by not titling the thread Cuntry File...
I like it. What is it?

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:09 pm

welshwhite wrote:It gets a 10/10 off me for not putting me through fucking adverts.
I'd give Sky an extra 100 quid a year if they'd just fuck the adverts off.

Fucking this.....

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:12 pm

I'm sick of them treating Love Island like it's a news item.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:16 pm

Oof, where to start.

Since their charter renewal worries they've been pathetic on politics. Supine on the NHS, political dirt, Brexit lies, you name it.
John Humphries boils my piss in seconds. Others too... The sheer obvious biases on show, the history of the man from the ministry sitting upstairs... vetting the opinions which can be expressed... Fuck off. Old news.

Don't trust them on basic journalism these days, and possibly never can now.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:14 pm

Love the World Service and the BBCs WC coverage was of a different class to ITVs. Not a UK license payer so Id be happy to pay a subscription fee to.help maintain their coverage of Global news which is second to none.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:22 pm

Yeah the foreign correspondents' reportage and the like is still good, but even that's been gutted.

But domestic news coverage? Nah.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:31 pm

For UK news they’re not within a mile of C4.

Leeds0269

Postby Leeds0269 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:45 pm

The bbc are fucking shit.

Full on tory / brexit bias on every news or political programme they have. They are a disgrace.
Been away from posting for too long, but still been lingering around like a bad fart.

Ontolly

BBfuckinC watch.

Postby Ontolly » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:51 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:For UK news they’re not within a mile of C4.

This

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:57 pm

Leeds0269 wrote:The bbc are fucking shit.

Full on tory / brexit bias on every news or political programme they have. They are a disgrace.

The fact that t'uther side thinks they have a remain bias must mean they're doing a pretty good job, and arent becoming the echo chamber many seem to want from their news these days. Im as pro-EU as they come, Iisten to the World Service every day, and Ive never felt that they have a bias against my point of view. Dont watch regular TV at all these days though, other than the Swedish news, so I've no idea what the British BBC news is like. I know Tory relatives never watch it, they stick to Sky.

Leeds0269

Postby Leeds0269 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:23 pm

In fairness, I cant bear to watch or listen to it anymore. I listened to 5 live in the car when the world cup was on and when it was all football it was fine. Literally the day after the final I couldn't stand it. The phone ins are beyond parody with the worst gammon faced brexitards possible being rounded up to spout utter nonsense. I found myself shouting at the radio in the car...

Don't even start me on question time (which I also have stopped watching).

Eric had it right, Ch 4 are about the only newsworthy source these days that does proper balanced journalism.
Been away from posting for too long, but still been lingering around like a bad fart.

JimbobMaloney

Postby JimbobMaloney » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:26 pm

They'll be taking Leeds on 5 live after half 8 tonight

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 pm

I don't watch the news or political programmes, that's probably why I still only look 21 :thumbl:

Many years ago my ex girlfriends father used to literally shout at the telly during them. Fuck that I thought, I'll watch Columbo instead :cheers:

FredFlintstone

Postby FredFlintstone » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:47 am

jackos wrote:The fact that t'uther side thinks they have a remain bias must mean they're doing a pretty good job, and arent becoming the echo chamber many seem to want from their news these days. Im as pro-EU as they come, Iisten to the World Service every day, and Ive never felt that they have a bias against my point of view. Dont watch regular TV at all these days though, other than the Swedish news, so I've no idea what the British BBC news is like. I know Tory relatives never watch it, they stick to Sky.

From my position in my dead-centre-of-the-middle hammock this rings very true for me. Like most I have friends with opinions across the spectrum. The Brexit mob all claim the Beeb is full of Remoaner Project Fear lefties and the Remainers seem to see it as being having relentlessly positive messages for Swivel Eyed Brexshitters and giving far too much air time for their ilk.

I'm happy with A-nice-cup-of-tea-and-a-chocolate-digestive ITN news at 6:30 followed by a trip to God's Own County with Emmerdale.

Is it informative? Is it bollocks. But the change of habits has done wonders for my blood pressure and mental wellbeing :drunk:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:05 am

Some cunt just on Thought For The Day opened up with, ''The winners of Love Island... ', so that got turned off.

Fucking Thought For The Day. I ask you.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:21 am

dirty leeds wrote:Some cunt just on Thought For The Day opened up with, ''The winners of Love Island... ', so that got turned off.

Fucking Thought For The Day. I ask you.

Was it anything to do about Josh Denzel and Kaz Crossley breaking up, I thought they'd be a perfect couple together, so in love, I must have missed that :thumbd:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:25 am

Heh heh. I have no idea who those people are. Glad about that.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:20 am

jackos wrote:The fact that t'uther side thinks they have a remain bias must mean they're doing a pretty good job, and arent becoming the echo chamber many seem to want from their news these days.

I think that’s right, Jackos. It is a sad reflection on the echo chamber effect of the internet that many partisan characters on both sides of politics tend to view an objective news outlet as biased.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Return to “The Square Ball”