o/t quiz questions

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

o/t quiz questions

Postby the flying pig » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:37 am

Hello

I've been tasked with helping to arrange a quiz [for parents] at my kids' school.

I have to come up with c 10 questions on each of 'in the news' and 'sport'.

any ideas? this is vv rough. i was looking to go maybe 50:50 world cup:other sport in the sport round?

Sport
1. What language do the Belgian team communicate in
2. [when did Germany last get knocked out in the WC grp stages, 1938?]
3. Netball – how many players on a team? 9
4. Which Boxer is nicknamed 'The Jackal'? Carl Frampton
5. Which two teams contest the Bledisloe Cup? [auz, nz, ru]
6. Which football club has the most players representing their countries' at the World Cup? Man City
7. Who is the longest serving manager in the Premier League? Sean Dyche
8. Which racing driver is famous for doing a 'shoey' podium celebration? Daniel Ricciardo

In the news

1. We’ve just has the 3rd hottest English June on record. Can you name either of the hotter years.
2. Which of the following four countries is NOT included in President Trump’s so-called travel ban, which was upheld by the US’s Supreme Court last week? Iran Venezuela Turkey Somalia
3. In which city will Donald Trump meet Vladimir Putin this month? Bern, Helsinki, Budapest, Vienna

dirty leeds

Re: o/t quiz questions

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:41 am

How about, 'Why on earth did I think it wasn't a penalty against Spain when it so clearly fucking was?'

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:48 am

one more i had - harry kane [hopefully after tonight] just overtook geoff hurst [who's on 5] to become england's second highest all time WC finals scorer, behind lineker on 10... can you name either of the other players who have scored 4+?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:37 am

Think the final sports question is sketchy. It will just sound like Schuey when you call it out.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Who was the last English manager to win the league title and with which club? Surely has to make the cut.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:01 pm

Alphabetically, which are the first and last teams to qualify for this year’s World Cup (Dunno, off the top of me head?!)

Wimbledon is traditionally preceded by a women’s tournament in Eastbourne. What’s the name of the venue (Devonshire Park)

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:49 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Alphabetically, which are the first and last teams to qualify for this year’s World Cup (Dunno, off the top of me head?!)

Wimbledon is traditionally preceded by a women’s tournament in Eastbourne. What’s the name of the venue (Devonshire Park)

ok, starting to get better.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:00 pm

the flying pig wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Alphabetically, which are the first and last teams to qualify for this year’s World Cup (Dunno, off the top of me head?!)

ok, starting to get better.

I looked btw - Argentina & Uruguay

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:02 pm

The ICC cricket world cup will be held in England next year. How many times has England won it?
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:42 pm

Vampire wrote:The ICC cricket world cup will be held in England next year. How many times has England won it?

Wow do you practice being a cunt or does it come naturally
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:55 pm

metalsmurf wrote:
Vampire wrote:The ICC cricket world cup will be held in England next year. How many times has England won it?

Wow do you practice being a cunt or does it come naturally

:mrgreen:
The latter. I make it look easy because it’s a rare gift. I’m sorry if that irritates someone like yourself whose had to work so hard at being one, but I can’t help it.

Seriously though, it’s a damn good quiz question, isn’t it?
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:41 pm

:lol:
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Return to “The Square Ball”