YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Yeboah

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby Yeboah » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Sounds like it's going to be a while before Roberts and Ayling are back.

I saw Ayling in Boston Spa, when team were in Australia, he said he thought it would be 6-8 weeks before he was back.

L

Did you tell him he was a loser who might as well not have bothered last year?

No it's not his fault he's got a buffoon for a manager! :cheers:

jackos

Re: YES that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football IS good enough for Leeds United

Postby jackos » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:
It's weird, I'm finding Corberan easier to follow now, but mainly because I am listening more intently to the original Spanish and can already get a very vague idea of what Bielsa is saying most of the time.

Don't know any Spanish, struggling to learn German ;)

Still, we need more of this

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Just some bielsa buffoonery.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:58 pm

I would imagine that those mainly simple footballers didn’t have a clue what the boss was on about. Quick translation from the Spanish to the French though.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:24 pm

From today:

Football has a lot of extraordinary messages to give, a lot of these happen on the pitch, but a lot happen outside the pitch.

...there are blind people that go to the stadium. This says a lot about football, and from a place we don't usually see.

This kind of situation I believe makes football even greater.

Affection without conditions, being present even when you can not see, putting the feeling above everything else.

If I love someone, [it is] even when they are not giving me success (though of course the hope of winning is the key). If I go to the stadium, when I cannot watch, and still go, it means the key is the feeling you have, the emotion.

We should observe this with admiration.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:52 pm

I'm certainly observing this with admiration.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Wing Wizard

Postby Wing Wizard » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 pm

moscowhite wrote:From today:

Football has a lot of extraordinary messages to give, a lot of these happen on the pitch, but a lot happen outside the pitch.

...there are blind people that go to the stadium. This says a lot about football, and from a place we don't usually see.

This kind of situation I believe makes football even greater.

Affection without conditions, being present even when you can not see, putting the feeling above everything else.

If I love someone, [it is] even when they are not giving me success (though of course the hope of winning is the key). If I go to the stadium, when I cannot watch, and still go, it means the key is the feeling you have, the emotion.

We should observe this with admiration.

Why can't this man be in charge of the Premier League (once he's led us to the Champions League)

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:59 am

First episode has a nice back story on bielsa and a lot of promo on radz not much else.

Wonder how much Russell crowe got paid.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:37 am

Mr Reality wrote:First episode has a nice back story on bielsa and a lot of promo on radz not much else.

Are all the episodes available today?
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:01 am

Tycipa wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:First episode has a nice back story on bielsa and a lot of promo on radz not much else.

Are all the episodes available today?

Yeah all came on at midnight.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:10 am

Random question but is the doc kid friendly? Swearing etc. Eager to take a look but school holidays and all dat
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 am

There is a bit of swearing mainly from Josh Warrington. I'm on the second episode now.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:58 am

Watched the first 2, aside from Josh swearing every other word it's fine so far.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:01 am

Episode 3 done.

Dan James and Spygate done.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:54 pm

I’ll leave it while tonight then I reckon. Thanks gents :salute:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:32 pm

Ok the ending is sad but it's an interesting watch.

Somewhere in between the corporate man city show and the Sunderland Netflix effort.

Few little bits to pick up on particularly on radz as he is often the centre of attention. But will let people watch first.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:26 am

This is the reason he's worth every Penny of the £6m we pay him, it'll be a sad day for the club when he leaves.
We need to keep him here if we get promoted - no matter what the cost.

Looking at the influence he's had on his ex players to carve out a career in management is incredible.

I hope Pablo and Berardi are taking note.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:50 am

Mr Reality wrote:Ok the ending is sad but it's an interesting watch.

This is the bit that's putting me off at the moment. If we'd gone up I'd be all over it. Because I've been trying to look forward and not think about the end of last season, I can't get interested in anything but what's happening now.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:36 am

welshwhite wrote:This is the reason he's worth every Penny of the £6m we pay him, it'll be a sad day for the club when he leaves.
We need to keep him here if we get promoted - no matter what the cost.

Looking at the influence he's had on his ex players to carve out a career in management is incredible.

I hope Pablo and Berardi are taking note.

This this this.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:22 pm

The Mirror .. If the League does properly enforce FFP it should give Radz a financial advantage over a lot of EFL clubs other recent owners could only dream of.

Andrea Radrizzani has ruled out selling Leeds - but says he is open to new investment.

Radrizzani claims he has received offers to buy Leeds and it is believed Paris St Germain’s Qatari owners have shown interest.

But Radrizzani, who bought full control of Leeds two years ago, says he will not cash in because he is determined to lead the club back into the Premier League.

The Italian sold a 10 per cent stake in Leeds to NFL giants San Francisco 49ers last year and is open to selling off another chunk of the club.

“I hear a lot of rumours about me selling the club or leaving, absolutely no way,” said the Leeds chairman and owner. “Those who know me well know how much I am determined to reach my goals.

“I really want to get it done and I want to achieve my goals in everything I do.

“I also understand the opportunity to run this club and make this club big is massive, so I will not be afraid to open the club up to other partners if this helps the mission.

“I want to be guardian and the leader of this club, but I will not have a closed mind to accept help from other parties.

“In the last 18 months, we received much interest from parties to invest in the club or buy the club. I rejected all the options to buy the club because I did not want to give up.

“But I will listen to anyone who wants to join me and make this club bigger. I don’t exclude that maybe soon I will open the door to one or two partners to help this club become bigger.”

Return to “The Square Ball”