Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:40 am

Both RBs out with longish term injuries. That's bad luck and the reason clubs have squads. It would be absurd to have three potential first choice players for that position.
Dallas is a squad player, he's there for precisely this kind of situation.
He'll be reet.
Wigan are nothing we should be scared of.
Get a fuckin grip!
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 am

kennyb41 wrote:
welshwhite wrote:I don't think Bielsa will see Shackleton as Ayling's replacement during his long spell out. I've nothing against Shackleton, I was at Swansea and he impressed.

We have to ask ourselves why is the coach overlooking him lately?....Fck me I am!
Are we wearing academy rose tinted glasses? No just the same ones i wore watching Swansea,Blackburn and Forest.
Why would he rather fit square pegs in round holes? Yes by playing Dallas there.

IMHO Bielsa will shuffle the squad on Sunday and Young Shacks will not start.


Stay tuned good people, all will be revealed with the team selection Sunday 12.30.
I'm not saying he won't start him,just it's the first real fck up of Loco's when he has done and if he continues to do so.Ayling will be out for a while so let's see who makes that spot theirs,my choice if i had access to training would be first to see if Pearce could play the switch (same with Douglas and then play Pearce on the left),if not then Shackleton coz he did ok against Swansea,then a fit Berardi,other than that i would chance 3-5-2.

We're not disputing who Loco will choose,if we are then i agree with you and think he'll choose Dallas again...................Fcking nutter......Watch for Wigan rubbing their hands and making the most of it.


Full backs or wings back on the wrong side is never a good idea.

Whoever plays on the right has to be a right footer.

If he's available I would play Shackleton.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby welshwhite » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:11 am

I don't think it makes a lot of difference who gets the nod to play as full/wingbacks.
One thing is for sure, the passing into the box from out wide has been mostly shocking.
The shots on goal have also been fucking awful.
We're not creating anywhere near the amount of goal chances inside the box of our early season form.

Our big name players need to get their act together in the final third.
Lets turn all these draws into wins.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:48 am

Mustafaster wrote:Both RBs out with longish term injuries. That's bad luck and the reason clubs have squads. It would be absurd to have three potential first choice players for that position.
Dallas is a squad player, he's there for precisely this kind of situation.
He'll be reet.
Wigan are nothing we should be scared of.
Get a fuckin grip!


As you say, hopefully we'll be giving Wigan far too many problems up the other end for our RB position to matter. Actually, I'm more interested to see what he's going to do in the middle, now Forshaw, Klich and Samu are effectively competing for two places.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby welshwhite » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:10 am

LEEDS UNITED'S Gaetano Berardi is facing 16 weeks on the sidelines with the defender having suffered a hamstring tendon rupture. Berardi suffered the injury in last month's 2-0 Championship victory at home to Ipswich Town and the 28-year-old has spent the past week seeing consultants in the UK and Italy. The elected treatment is not surgical and Leeds now expect that Berardi will be missing for the next 16 weeks at a time when Whites team mate and fellow right back Luke Ayling is facing two months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9426752

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:12 pm

So essentially down to two fit first team CBs and no fit RBs :shock:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:25 pm

MightyWhite wrote:So essentially down to two fit first team CBs and no fit RBs :shock:

But all of our central midfield options available. Before long we're going to see Phillips playing CB in a 2 with Forshaw behind Klich and Saiz, still with no place for Baker.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby the flying pig » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:42 pm

welshwhite wrote:LEEDS UNITED'S Gaetano Berardi is facing 16 weeks on the sidelines with the defender having suffered a hamstring tendon rupture. Berardi suffered the injury in last month's 2-0 Championship victory at home to Ipswich Town and the 28-year-old has spent the past week seeing consultants in the UK and Italy. The elected treatment is not surgical and Leeds now expect that Berardi will be missing for the next 16 weeks at a time when Whites team mate and fellow right back Luke Ayling is facing two months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9426752


Thumbs down.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:53 pm

In a move of Hockadayan proportions, Leeds will play Leeds in a friendly next week.

User avatar
LSD&2Es
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Surrey

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:31 am

Phil LUFC wrote:In a move of Hockadayan proportions, Leeds will play Leeds in a friendly next week.


Oh shit, we are bound to lose and that will be the start of our downfall this season :cry:

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:20 am

Phil LUFC wrote:In a move of Hockadayan proportions, Leeds will play Leeds in a friendly next week.


No doubt we’ll get a points deduction for match fixing

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:36 am

LSD&2Es wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:In a move of Hockadayan proportions, Leeds will play Leeds in a friendly next week.


Oh shit, we are bound to lose and that will be the start of our downfall this season :cry:

Grudge match, that.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.


User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Reminded by the topic starter being Jackos to ask: anyone seen hide or hair of the fucker lately?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Ontolly
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Ontolly » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:25 pm



What Prutton talks to journalist shock?

Bielsa strikes me as meticulous and honourable. He has a contract. All is well.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Quiffy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:29 pm

must admit to bending in admiration over bielsa's latest extraordinary pronouncement regarding the peacock. in case anyone's missed it, he's said he would have dropped him even though he didn't need to because blackman is now injured. it speaks volumes for his integrity that he'll stick to his assessment of the situation even when he's got an easy opt out. and when you read his reasoning you know it makes sense...
“I could have avoided telling you I took the decision to play Blackman but I wanted to make it public for two reasons,” Bielsa said. “Even if it doesn’t have any value, it’s good that people know that Jamal Blackman reached the goal he had when he came to Leeds. Regarding the impact of this information on Farrell’s mind, I could have avoided telling Bailey that he lost his position as a starter but when you go from a starting position to a substitute it can have a positive impact. “I didn’t want Bailey not to find out he had lost his position. It’s not very serious when you lose your position because that’s football. You have good moments and bad moments and it’s the same for every one of us. “But it’s important that when someone loses that right, he finds out why this happens and makes the corrections he needs to make. “If I had hidden the situation I wouldn’t have given Farrell the opportunity to find out the consequences of his performance.

When I tell the whole truth about a subject, it’s because I think it will have a positive effect.” Bielsa said his decision had been based on more than Peacock-Farrell’s disappointing performance at West Brom, insisting he “never changes a goalkeeper just because of one game”. Peacock-Farrell got his first run in the senior side at Leeds during the final two months of last season and had never started a campaign as number one prior to Bielsa’s appointment. Leeds United to explore emergency loan route following Bailey Peacock-Farrell injury Leeds United to explore emergency loan route following Bailey Peacock-Farrell injury “He played 17 games as a starter and he’s going to play again,” Bielsa said. “This shows the trust I had in Farrell, who’s only (22). During 17 games he had to undergo competition from the best young English goalkeeper. “I say that Blackman is the best English young goalkeeper, not because I made this conclusion myself. I’m repeating the opinion of specialists on the subject. The fact that Farrell was a starter during 17 games while having Blackman as a second goalkeeper shows I trust him. You can’t become a great goalkeeper if you don’t lose your position and win it back.”


so blackman goes home feeling a million dollars whilst the peacock has been dropped, but should will realise he's still a potentially great keeper, whilst gaining the perspective 'it's not very serious because that's football, you have good moments and bad moments and it's the same for everyone of us'
:salute:

(or am i just being a mug because of salim's clumsy translation making this seem less cliche ridden? i've tried imagining how warnock would have tried to convey the same sentiment. i have used some imagination)
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Quiffy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:29 pm

and.....bamford's nearly ready :D
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:58 pm

Quiffy wrote:and.....bamford's nearly ready :D

:salute: :thumbl:

User avatar
BC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:11 am

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby BC » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:39 am

That may be the best video on the internet

Ballgirl
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 1:58 pm

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Ballgirl » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:08 am

BC wrote:That may be the best video on the internet


I love that! :thumbl: :thumbl: :thumbl:
Prediction League Champion 2015-16


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests