Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:40 am

Both RBs out with longish term injuries. That's bad luck and the reason clubs have squads. It would be absurd to have three potential first choice players for that position.
Dallas is a squad player, he's there for precisely this kind of situation.
He'll be reet.
Wigan are nothing we should be scared of.
Get a fuckin grip!
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 am

kennyb41 wrote:
welshwhite wrote:I don't think Bielsa will see Shackleton as Ayling's replacement during his long spell out. I've nothing against Shackleton, I was at Swansea and he impressed.

We have to ask ourselves why is the coach overlooking him lately?....Fck me I am!
Are we wearing academy rose tinted glasses? No just the same ones i wore watching Swansea,Blackburn and Forest.
Why would he rather fit square pegs in round holes? Yes by playing Dallas there.

IMHO Bielsa will shuffle the squad on Sunday and Young Shacks will not start.

Stay tuned good people, all will be revealed with the team selection Sunday 12.30.
I'm not saying he won't start him,just it's the first real fck up of Loco's when he has done and if he continues to do so.Ayling will be out for a while so let's see who makes that spot theirs,my choice if i had access to training would be first to see if Pearce could play the switch (same with Douglas and then play Pearce on the left),if not then Shackleton coz he did ok against Swansea,then a fit Berardi,other than that i would chance 3-5-2.

We're not disputing who Loco will choose,if we are then i agree with you and think he'll choose Dallas again...................Fcking nutter......Watch for Wigan rubbing their hands and making the most of it.

Full backs or wings back on the wrong side is never a good idea.

Whoever plays on the right has to be a right footer.

If he's available I would play Shackleton.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:11 am

I don't think it makes a lot of difference who gets the nod to play as full/wingbacks.
One thing is for sure, the passing into the box from out wide has been mostly shocking.
The shots on goal have also been fucking awful.
We're not creating anywhere near the amount of goal chances inside the box of our early season form.

Our big name players need to get their act together in the final third.
Lets turn all these draws into wins.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:48 am

Mustafaster wrote:Both RBs out with longish term injuries. That's bad luck and the reason clubs have squads. It would be absurd to have three potential first choice players for that position.
Dallas is a squad player, he's there for precisely this kind of situation.
He'll be reet.
Wigan are nothing we should be scared of.
Get a fuckin grip!

As you say, hopefully we'll be giving Wigan far too many problems up the other end for our RB position to matter. Actually, I'm more interested to see what he's going to do in the middle, now Forshaw, Klich and Samu are effectively competing for two places.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:10 am

LEEDS UNITED'S Gaetano Berardi is facing 16 weeks on the sidelines with the defender having suffered a hamstring tendon rupture. Berardi suffered the injury in last month's 2-0 Championship victory at home to Ipswich Town and the 28-year-old has spent the past week seeing consultants in the UK and Italy. The elected treatment is not surgical and Leeds now expect that Berardi will be missing for the next 16 weeks at a time when Whites team mate and fellow right back Luke Ayling is facing two months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9426752

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:12 pm

So essentially down to two fit first team CBs and no fit RBs :shock:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:25 pm

MightyWhite wrote:So essentially down to two fit first team CBs and no fit RBs :shock:

But all of our central midfield options available. Before long we're going to see Phillips playing CB in a 2 with Forshaw behind Klich and Saiz, still with no place for Baker.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:42 pm

welshwhite wrote:LEEDS UNITED'S Gaetano Berardi is facing 16 weeks on the sidelines with the defender having suffered a hamstring tendon rupture. Berardi suffered the injury in last month's 2-0 Championship victory at home to Ipswich Town and the 28-year-old has spent the past week seeing consultants in the UK and Italy. The elected treatment is not surgical and Leeds now expect that Berardi will be missing for the next 16 weeks at a time when Whites team mate and fellow right back Luke Ayling is facing two months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9426752

Thumbs down.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:53 pm

In a move of Hockadayan proportions, Leeds will play Leeds in a friendly next week.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:31 am

Phil LUFC wrote:In a move of Hockadayan proportions, Leeds will play Leeds in a friendly next week.

Oh shit, we are bound to lose and that will be the start of our downfall this season :cry:

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:20 am

Phil LUFC wrote:In a move of Hockadayan proportions, Leeds will play Leeds in a friendly next week.

No doubt we’ll get a points deduction for match fixing

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:36 am

LSD&2Es wrote:

Oh shit, we are bound to lose and that will be the start of our downfall this season :cry:

Grudge match, that.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Reminded by the topic starter being Jackos to ask: anyone seen hide or hair of the fucker lately?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:25 pm

What Prutton talks to journalist shock?

Bielsa strikes me as meticulous and honourable. He has a contract. All is well.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Return to “The Square Ball”