Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: Is that Mad Bastard Bielsa's brand of football good enough for Leeds United

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:41 am

Devi wrote:Top facting from the Beeb: "George Weah is the only serving world leader to have scored in three competitive fixtures against Gillingham".

That’s outstanding. Need to know more details though now. IIRC he was never much more than a bit part player in England?

ChairmanMeaow

Postby ChairmanMeaow » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:02 pm

FA Cup for Chelsea and the both legs of a League Cup tie for City. think he went to Chelsea on loan when Vialli was there but they didn't take him on at the end.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Luke reckons we won't fold against Millwall: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9344699

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:30 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Luke reckons we won't fold against Millwall: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9344699

so that's ayling, klich and jansson who have all admitted to being forced to lose half a stone. i presume the rest of the squad have had to as well and they've become better footballers for it. i'm thinking i need to lose half a stone, see if it helps me.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:35 pm

If only there was an inadvisably long walk you could go on, that sort of thing.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Enjoy it while it lasts

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:51 pm

That Long Balls stat particularly cheering.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Son of Leeds

Postby Son of Leeds » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:21 am

Those stats can't be right. They're wrong because pundits on Sky say, It's not how much possession you have, it's what you do with it.
Leeds United is ruining my life.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:27 am

Seems that what we're doing with it is winning four, drawing three and being top of the league by a point, after seven games. Best goal difference, too. Decent enough whether you're a Sky pundit or no.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:29 am

Son of Leeds wrote:Those stats can't be right. They're wrong because pundits on Sky say, It's not how much possession you have, it's what you do with it.

There's a lot to be said about that , BUT , if you have the ball the opposition can't do anything with it either . Well , unless O'Kane has the ball which he won't for Leeds any more - actually he won't have for anyone for a fair old while now ( broken leg for Luton) .

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Quiffy wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Luke reckons we won't fold against Millwall: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9344699

so that's ayling, klich and jansson who have all admitted to being forced to lose half a stone. i presume the rest of the squad have had to as well and they've become better footballers for it. i'm thinking i need to lose half a stone, see if it helps me.

Another example of the lack of discipline last season.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Quiffy wrote:

We've now got a workaholic in charge, he's leading by example. I expect the players now have someone they can respect.....at last.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:23 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Quiffy wrote:so that's ayling, klich and jansson who have all admitted to being forced to lose half a stone. i presume the rest of the squad have had to as well and they've become better footballers for it. i'm thinking i need to lose half a stone, see if it helps me.

Can't comment on Quiffy's lack of discipline although have noted your comments although it's not down to me to monitor his weight.

welshwhite wrote:
We've now got a workaholic in charge, he's leading by example. I expect the players now have someone they can respect.....at last.

I like the fact that he is kinda detached and imagine he delegates a lot.

He's like the big cheese just like the Don but without the soapy massages I would imagine. Times have changed but the foreigners are leading the way now anyhow :salute:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

JohnGiles

Postby JohnGiles » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Ontolly wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
Quiffy wrote:so that's ayling, klich and jansson who have all admitted to being forced to lose half a stone. i presume the rest of the squad have had to as well and they've become better footballers for it. i'm thinking i need to lose half a stone, see if it helps me.

Can't comment on Quiffy's lack of discipline although have noted your comments although it's not down to me to monitor his weight.

welshwhite wrote:

I like the fact that he is kinda detached and imagine he delegates a lot.

He's like the big cheese just like the Don but without the soapy massages I would imagine. Times have changed but the foreigners are leading the way now anyhow :salute:

Infirm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:06 pm

I've been thinking of starting a thread for news stories that are blank statements of the obvious. Or like this, for instance.

"We have at our disposal more data than what we can work on," Bielsa revealed.
I identify with this man so much...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Blackwhite wrote:I've been thinking of starting a thread for news stories that are blank statements of the obvious. Or like this, for instance.

"We have at our disposal more data than what we can work on," Bielsa revealed.
I identify with this man so much...

Ouch!
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:42 pm

watching a bit of fulham watford reminded me that last season fulham were doing a very similar thing to bielsa at the back. their centre backs last year were tim ream and dennis odoi. ream's a typical (and very decent) centre back but odoi has the build of a full back, pretty small and keen to take the ball out of defence, he was the one who'd take risks with the ball. when they had the ball in their own half you'd see the centre backs split wide and big kevin mcdonald sit in as a central defender, just like kalvin does for us, so that it gave the appearance that their defence was a big set of bastards. when they attacked you'd see macdonald push on a bit and get the ball to cairney and the other more creative players.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Return to “The Square Ball”