World cup 2018 sweepstake

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ponte

Re: World cup 2018 sweepstake

Postby Ponte » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:55 am

the flying pig wrote:I'm not really sure what to do about that omission.

A more or less fair resolution imo would be to offer for sale one final sweepstake place, £10 as before, increasing the top scorer prize pool to £90, and for your £10 you don't get any teams but for top scorer you get neymar plus this guy who scored two for Russia today, Denis Cheryshev. Roughly a fair price given their odds (neymar's the favorite and the other guy a reasonable shout since 5 or 6 is pretty much always enough to win the golden boot & he has 2 already) takers?

Or just add Neymar, take out the bottom one (Silva?) and draw the players again? Or make it top scorer without Neymar?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:39 am

Just exclude Neymar, he’s a cunt anyway

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:37 am

the flying pig wrote:ok, so here's the draw.

i'd like to say the prize pool was £160, but it's actually £159.26 after sunshine whites somehow managed to transfer his cash using a ridiculously cack-handed method that seemingly incurred a 74 pence penalty. being a generous sort i'll still pay out £80 to the winner of each competition [winning team, top scorer] but might have to have a word with sunshine about payment methods if he somehow triumphs [not a lost cause i guess with argentina].
sunshine whites - Edinson Cavani; :mrgreen: Marco Reus :?:
Phil - Harry Kane; Rodrigo

says 10 quid on my paypal receipt so fk knows what happened, must be your commission, :mrgreen:

Phil gets Kane mmmmm :wink:

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:39 am

sunshine whites wrote:
the flying pig wrote:ok, so here's the draw.

i'd like to say the prize pool was £160, but it's actually £159.26 after sunshine whites somehow managed to transfer his cash using a ridiculously cack-handed method that seemingly incurred a 74 pence penalty. being a generous sort i'll still pay out £80 to the winner of each competition [winning team, top scorer] but might have to have a word with sunshine about payment methods if he somehow triumphs [not a lost cause i guess with argentina].
sunshine whites - Edinson Cavani; :mrgreen: Marco Reus :?:
Phil - Harry Kane; Rodrigo

says 10 quid on my paypal receipt so fk knows what happened, must be your commission, :mrgreen:

Phil gets Kane mmmmm :wink:

He'll get nowhere near the golden boot (although he'll claim it anyway). I'll add though it was sunshine who got some sort of fee deducted when contributing to the bricks too. Paypal should have an option for sending to friends which avoids such fees but I guess that may not apply in all countries.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:54 am

Oh bollox I actually hate Paypal, never knew this, cheers for feedback Phil.
Still a cheeky pick with Kane he will do well

Did anyone get the joker, Robbie Williams ? Finger like Russian, changed the words of Rock DJ to "Most of them fleece me/I did this for free" :joker2:
What did they expect?, he did play in Tbilisi couple years back at the anti Eurovision protest Freedom festival after Georgia were kicked out of Eurovision for refusing to change the lyrics to their entry "We don't need a Put In"

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:57 am

Oh bollox I actually hate Paypal, never knew this, cheers for feedback Phil.
Still a cheeky pick with Kane he will do well

Did anyone get the joker, Robbie Williams ? Finger like Russian, changed the words of Rock DJ to "Most of them fleece me/I did this for free" :joker2:
What did they expect?, he did play in Tbilisi couple years back at the anti Eurovision protest Freedom festival after Georgia were kicked out of Eurovision for refusing to change the lyrics to their entry "We don't need a Put In"

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:38 am

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:56 am

well, ok. if by midday someone wants to claim the neymar/cheryshev double for £10, they can have it, otherwise we'll have a neymar-free sweepstake.

£10 is pretty much a fair price [fairly likely to be a little on the cheap side], i'll show my workings to anyone who's interested.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:04 am

the flying pig wrote:well, ok. if by midday someone wants to claim the neymar/cheryshev double for £10, they can have it, otherwise we'll have a neymar-free sweepstake.

£10 is pretty much a fair price [fairly likely to be a little on the cheap side], i'll show my workings to anyone who's interested.

I will take it, although really dont like the fkr.
maybe even pay the full price this time :mrgreen:

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:18 am

sunshine whites wrote:
the flying pig wrote:well, ok. if by midday someone wants to claim the neymar/cheryshev double for £10, they can have it, otherwise we'll have a neymar-free sweepstake.

I will take it, although really dont like the fkr.
maybe even pay the full price this time :mrgreen:

yeah, it's decent. according to 'oddschecker.com'* the absolute best odds you can get anywhere on neymar are apparently 11/1, on cheryshev 50/1 [i've not checked whether eitehr's still available], implying that neymar has an 8% chance, denis 2%, crudely the chance of either getting it then is 10%, so paying £10 for a 10% shot at a £90 prize pool is bit so-so... but most bookies have them at considerably shorter odds, say 8/1 & 40/1 are fairly middling, if accurate, bookies' margins aside (note that much shorter odds are not uncommon) you'd be paying £10 for a c 13% shot at a £90 prize pool, not bad at all :thumbl: .

* an abysmal site, but one of the few that gets through my work gambling filter... the fact that its longlists still contained nonsense like danny sturridge, forcing me to do some quick filtering out, was at the root of my accidentally taking neymar out.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:33 am

the flying pig wrote:simon's portugal/messi is one of the best. an above average team pick & a first rate scorer pick.

I am ok with that :mrgreen: apart from having to support the scum cunt
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:43 am

Surely omitting Neymar is the fairest way?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:50 am

Ponte wrote:Surely omitting Neymar is the fairest way?

respect your opinion but do fk off :mrgreen: Offer has already been accepted :D

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 am

Well... I've offered sunshine a more or less fair bet, that's to say it should be fair to both the person taking the bet and the person offering it (effectively all the other entrants). The increase in the size of the prize pool should more or less exactly counter the reduced chance of winning.

portadown white

Postby portadown white » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:56 am

TFP
My draw number was 10. On the list at page 1, this shows as Croatia/Nigeria/Costa but I have been allocated Columbia/Egypt/Aguero.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:16 pm

portadown white wrote:TFP
My draw number was 10. On the list at page 1, this shows as Croatia/Nigeria/Costa but I have been allocated Columbia/Egypt/Aguero.

TFP randomised the numbers on all sides, otherwise I'd have been able to adjust my side of the draw to give me Griezman had I been so motivated.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:03 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
portadown white wrote:TFP

TFP randomised the numbers on all sides, otherwise I'd have been able to adjust my side of the draw to give me Griezman had I been so motivated.

Just in case you want to check, the password for that file was 'tsb'.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:01 pm

sunshine whites wrote:

note - i'll disqualify your second entry if you've not coughed up before the start of tomorrow's block of games, which will feature both messi & griezmann.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:40 pm

the flying pig wrote:
sunshine whites wrote:

note - i'll disqualify your second entry if you've not coughed up before the start of tomorrow's block of games, which will feature both messi & griezmann.

Kick the cunt out, Piggy.
Hmmm.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:49 am

sunshine, your attempt to pay me £10 actually manifested itself as, how can i put this, a request for me to send you £12... paypal not really your bag? perhaps we should draw a line under this?

i must say that my pick cron isn't looking too bad...

Return to “The Square Ball”