Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Phil LUFC

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:37 pm

the flying pig wrote:to be honest i could easily see brighton wanting him back - they're perilously close to the bottom three, relegation costs you £50m plus, why not bring a guy like White back, even if as third or even fourth choice CB, i doubt it'd cost them very much at all?

He'd still be a gamble for them rather than a proven option. Part of why he's so good is the team around him being good too. I don't really know how Brighton play but he's not the man of they have to regularly defend high balls into the box and look to Go long rather than play out from the back.

I'm still fairly relaxed about January, probably foolish, I'll feel very differently if we beat Arsenal with KP, White and Harrison having great games.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:41 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
the flying pig wrote:to be honest i could easily see brighton wanting him back - they're perilously close to the bottom three, relegation costs you £50m plus, why not bring a guy like White back, even if as third or even fourth choice CB, i doubt it'd cost them very much at all?

He'd still be a gamble for them rather than a proven option. Part of why he's so good is the team around him being good too. I don't really know how Brighton play but he's not the man of they have to regularly defend high heels into the box and look to Go long rather than play out from the back.

I'm still fairly relaxed about January, probably foolish, I'll feel very differently if we beat Arsenal with KP, White and Harrison having great games.

Premiership footballers these days are such fucking pansies.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:45 pm

Re White, surely it all depends on what's in the loan deal? If they can't recall him due to the terms, they can just fuck off. If they can, then one assumes Orta and crew are working on a replacement now. [Maybe hence murmurings about Ayala - though I don't want him, to be absolutely fair he would be a danger at corners and he can defend.]
Just because the Brighton chairman said one thing in a radio interview doesn't mean he's on top of what the actual deal says.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:09 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote: defend high heels into the box

Ooh, big ol' Freudian slip there.

What does Phil get up to on a weekend? I think maybe I'd rather not know.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:11 pm

I forget whether it was Hay or Smyth, but one of them said that the White deal only has one stipulation for recall and that is lack of game time. Apparently he has already achieved the required playing time, so that this clause can not now be triggered

Fuck knows what would happen if they insisted and paid us compensation to get him back

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:25 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

:mrgreen: Weekends? Generally watching Leeds and that defines my mood for the rest of it. Rest of the time though...

More seriously, I tend to use the swipe style phone keyboard, balls and heals aren't too far apart in swipe path.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:26 pm

So you say.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:27 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:I forget whether it was Hay or Smyth, but one of them said that the White deal only has one stipulation for recall and that is lack of game time. Apparently he has already achieved the required playing time, so that this clause can not now be triggered

Fuck knows what would happen if they insisted and paid us compensation to get him back

I guess they'd put pressure on the player to ask to be released, as soon as the player wants to go you're fucked no matter what the contract says. White would be fucking crazy to not want to see out this season with us if we're still top in January, he only has to look at the former players who attended the centenary thing to know what it means to achieve something here.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:28 pm

From Ben's point of view, going up with Leeds and staying there will be much better for his future than going back to Brighton.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:41 pm

dunno if it's relevant but he is a south coast boy, not sure how he's finding it up north.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:43 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

Saw a lady put her high heels in the box once. Can't say I thought it very hygienic TBH but ultimately not my problem.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:44 pm

dirty leeds wrote:From Ben's point of view, going up with Leeds and staying there will be much better for his future than going back to Brighton.

Yep, that's why I'm relaxed about it.

We have a permanent option on Harrison and City have no direct use for him given their squad.

Costa is costing us £15m in the summer. Wolves will be delighted by that.

Meslier seems to want to be here and rumours we might make it permanent.

Clarke has barely played, we'd not really miss him.

Nketiah is more of a problem, if they recall him I don't see us finding someone who'll even compete with Bamford given the time it'll take to bring them up to speed. Hopefully he'll get a few games in December and Arsenal will be content to leave him here.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:23 pm

the flying pig wrote:dunno if it's relevant but he is a south coast boy, not sure how he's finding it up north.

Well , its certainly not affecting his football so I guess he might be enjoying it .

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:08 pm

Clacton white wrote:
the flying pig wrote:dunno if it's relevant but he is a south coast boy, not sure how he's finding it up north.

Well , its certainly not affecting his football so I guess he might be enjoying it .

He spent a year in Newport then a year in Peterborough, last I checked neither of those were on the south coast.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Clacton white wrote:

He spent a year in Newport then a year in Peterborough, last I checked neither of those were on the south coast.

With global warming, they soon will be...

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:51 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Clacton white wrote:

A pedant writes: spending ten minutes on loan somewhere doesn't make you a 'boy' of a locality, does it? No idea whether White likes moving around but if it wasn't something he's 100% sold on, you can see that he might think a limited term loan is manageable, but a permanent move isn't.

Also, Newport is on the south (Wales) coast. . .

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:01 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:He spent a year in Newport then a year in Peterborough, last I checked neither of those were on the south coast.

With global warming, they soon will be...

:lol:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:37 pm

The issue with White will be if someone makes a bid to sign him permanently, and Brighton want to sell him.

Then he'll go.

Loan wise he's pretty well locked up here.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:52 am

And..... As if by magic, Chelsea considering 25m move for White in January according to BBC

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:05 am

Yeboah wrote:And..... As if by magic, Chelsea considering 25m move for White in January according to BBC

He's worth more than that, minimum £30 to a side like Chelscum with deep pockets
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Return to “The Square Ball”