Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
rss1969

W

Postby rss1969 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Excellent news about Phillips.

A well deserved contract.

It seems lessons have been learned.

Not really, the deal comes with a set price buy out clause if we don't go up, lower than we were offered in the summer.

So, its a deal to protect the fee, more than anything football wise.

If we go up it doesn't matter if he's here or not.

If we don't, he's gone anyway for a modest fee.

He's doing the right thing for the club, finance wise, without jeopardising the fact he will be playing PL football next year, either way

Have you seen the contract and the buyout clause?

What is this modest fee that you speak of?

How much were we offered in the summer and what were the terms of that offer?

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:37 pm

If not covered elsewhere, and at the risk of opening old wounds for Mr R, does the panel think we should be offering a long contract to Stuart Dallas or just a couple of years?

Phil LUFC

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:55 pm

Ontolly wrote:If not covered elsewhere, and at the risk of opening old wounds for Mr R, does the panel think we should be offering a long contract to Stuart Dallas or just a couple of years?

Hard to say really, he's been exceptional this season but even with a strong finish to last season it's under 10 games. You'd think we'd have to offer 2 extra years minimum and I'm not sure I'd be doing that until maybe November/December and only if this form is maintained.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:53 pm

Under previous managers Dallas didn't seem capable of playing more than 70 minutes before needing to be replaced, however last season and especially so far this season his stamina and general fitness level appear much improved. As many contributors have said, he has been our best player in several games this season. However if we are promoted, I don't think he is a Premier league full back or winger and if we fail to obtain promotion, we'll probably need to start again by bringing in the likes of Shackelton etc. As such I think we should let his contract run down and allow him to leave on a free in recognition of loyal service.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:49 am

Never in a million years did i think i'd ever be saying this but i'd offer him a contract with a view to trying to get some money in from selling him, what Bert has done with him is astounding in my eyes - and like a lot of the others is worth hardly anything without Bert.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Excellent news about Phillips.

A well deserved contract.

It seems lessons have been learned.

Not really, the deal comes with a set price buy out clause if we don't go up, lower than we were offered in the summer.

He's doing the right thing for the club, finance wise, without jeopardising the fact he will be playing PL football next year, either way

Haven't seen anything about a non promotion clause although I wouldn't be surprised if he had one although I doubt it would be less than the fee in the summer.

Could you please let me know where you have seen the details of this.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Ontolly wrote:If not covered elsewhere, and at the risk of opening old wounds for Mr R, does the panel think we should be offering a long contract to Stuart Dallas or just a couple of years?

I'm not against these two deals today both players have improved under bielsa and are deserving of new deals. I think the deal for Dallas is probably a couple of years too long. Maybe even Cooper's is a year too long but it's nice to see players rewarded for performances than the original plan which saw players get too comfy after pay rises.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:
Yeboah wrote:

A) Do we know the details on a buyout fee? I'd be surprised if we've agreed something under £25m.
B) Given he's one of our best and certainly most important players, we'd very much want him to stay if we do go up.

if you think about it logically, why would he agree to a high buyout clause? It takes money out of his own pocket, we had no leverage in these negotiations. Agent sets a realistic buyout fee (I've heard 10-12m) or he just doesn't sign and goes for free in the summer.

If we do go up, I'd hope we'd be able to get someone much better...or if we want him to stay, finance wouldn't then be an issue.

Ah so you have just decided that's the case.

:thumbl:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Ah so you have just pulled that out of your arse.

FTFY.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:52 pm

Mr Reality wrote:

I'm not against these two deals today both players have improved under bielsa and are deserving of new deals. I think the deal for Dallas is probably a couple of years too long. Maybe even Cooper's is a year too long but it's nice to see players rewarded for performances than the original plan which saw players get too comfy after pay rises.

Agreed, if we go up Dallas will be a fringe player after the first season (should we stay up), Cooper will probs be ok in the lower reache of the prem.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:37 pm

No arguing with this line up

The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:29 am

Tycipa wrote:No arguing with this line up

He's picked me in goal - so proud.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:00 am

The fag packet football team is a staple of being a football fan. Not sure I trust anyone who doesn’t at least mentally create starting XIs in their head, regardless of their team or manager.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:08 am

Arnieb wrote:
Tycipa wrote:No arguing with this line up

He's picked me in goal - so proud.

:lol:

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:58 am

Kinnear confirms on Talking Shutt that Eddie and White both have January recall clauses. Even more incentive for us to behave nicely and get Eddie in the first team
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

JimbobMaloney

Postby JimbobMaloney » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:29 am

MightyWhite wrote:Kinnear confirms on Talking Shutt that Eddie and White both have January recall clauses. Even more incentive for us to behave nicely and get Eddie in the first team

If things are still going well in January, we should look at trying to buy white - i like him very much.

Eddie I also like but I don't think Arsenal will let him go.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:36 am

JimbobMaloney wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Kinnear confirms on Talking Shutt that Eddie and White both have January recall clauses. Even more incentive for us to behave nicely and get Eddie in the first team

If things are still going well in January, we should look at trying to buy white - i like him very much.

Depends on how Pepe and Willock shape up over the next few months, as you say, unlikely.
If Brighton come down and we go up, that could be a factor.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:47 am

Was he asked the obvious question...?

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:02 am

Mr Reality wrote:
Ah so you have just decided that's the case.

Nope I spoke directly face to face with another/different sports agent, who told me he knew the deal.

I've spoken to him before and he's been 99% right. Happy to believe him

I note the buyout/non promotion clause has been reported elsewhere and the club haven't confirmed the actual fee involved.

Fwiw I think that turning down the £25m+ for KP , especially if the primary reason was to keep Bielsa , when he will be gone soon anyway, will turn out to be one of the stranger decisions the club has ever made.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:03 am

JimbobMaloney wrote:

Magic money tree?

Return to “The Square Ball”