Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby welshwhite » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:15 pm

As soon as we find a permanent club for Murphy most of the dead wood will have gone.
Hard to believe he still has almost two years left on his contract :thumbd:

User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Tycipa » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:36 pm

welshwhite wrote:As soon as we find a permanent club for Murphy most of the dead wood will have gone.
Hard to believe he still has almost two years left on his contract :thumbd:

Ahem, his contract was terminated by mutual agreement in the summer of 2018.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Professor Weeto
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Professor Weeto » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:06 pm

Tycipa wrote:
welshwhite wrote:As soon as we find a permanent club for Murphy most of the dead wood will have gone.
Hard to believe he still has almost two years left on his contract :thumbd:

Ahem, his contract was terminated by mutual agreement in the summer of 2018.


You’d really wrestle with Andy Kaufman, eh?

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:14 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:
Tycipa wrote:
welshwhite wrote:As soon as we find a permanent club for Murphy most of the dead wood will have gone.
Hard to believe he still has almost two years left on his contract :thumbd:

Ahem, his contract was terminated by mutual agreement in the summer of 2018.


You’d really wrestle with Andy Kaufman, eh?

:mrgreen:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Tycipa » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:02 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:
Tycipa wrote:
welshwhite wrote:As soon as we find a permanent club for Murphy most of the dead wood will have gone.
Hard to believe he still has almost two years left on his contract :thumbd:

Ahem, his contract was terminated by mutual agreement in the summer of 2018.


You’d really wrestle with Andy Kaufman, eh?

Sorry Prof, please explain.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

User avatar
Oheddieeddie
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Tacky with sweat and poisonous particulates.

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:59 pm

Andy Kaufman didn't really want to wrestle women although he challenged them and goaded them to do so. They thought his persona was real, but Andy was just putting on a show

User avatar
kennyb41
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:10 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby kennyb41 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:23 am

rss1969 wrote:
Tycipa wrote:
rss1969 wrote:It has taken some time to get rid of some real useless shite.

Some of them will still be stinking the place out at the end of the season.

Bloody poor recruitment.

Not everybody’s a superstar like you rss, some are prone to human frailty, both recruiters and recruited. Still, I’m sure their friends and family speak well of them, there’s always that consolation.


I dont expect perfection or anywhere near it, I am a Leeds fan. I also accept that not all signings work out but our success rate does not seem brilliant under this set up. Sounds to me that you seem to think our recruitment has been ok then or are you just having a dig at me for whatever reason?

Our recruitment has been particularly poor and when the owners/administration plead that they have to balance the books it is signings like De Bock, Anita & the awful loan signings of the last couple of years that bring into focus how much money we must have wasted.



Absolutely fcking spot on RSS, the monkey with a pin has signed some God awful trash and thank the Lord that the genius Bert hopefully now casts his eye over them and has the final say, he is still as we speak working wonders with some, Orta knows absolutely fck all about footy having never even played the fcking game, he must have one hell of a silver tongue to get in the positions he's held, my mother could find 1 in 20.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:57 am

Excellent news about Phillips.

A well deserved contract.

It seems lessons have been learned.

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:58 am

5 years. Should add another 5-10m in the summer...
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:00 am

Reportedly 20k a week, which feels like a bargain. Suggestion of a buy out clause if we go up, again, seems fair enough
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Clacton white
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:19 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Clacton white » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:11 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Reportedly 20k a week, which feels like a bargain. Suggestion of a buy out clause if we go up, again, seems fair enough

If O'Kane went , free up those wages and its easily covered Phillip's pay rise . Of course others have gone of late so that's also money freed up and put to better use , on players actually going to play for the club . Also as said it adds value to Phillips to LUFC in future . In theory anyway .

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Kalvin signs then, making this the wrong thread. Ah well.


Great news.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
ddwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:52 am
Location: DD

Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby ddwhite » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Evening all
KP is the next Gary Kelly
Sithi in a couple of years :)

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Yeboah » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:11 am

Mr Reality wrote:Excellent news about Phillips.

A well deserved contract.

It seems lessons have been learned.


Not really, the deal comes with a set price buy out clause if we don't go up, lower than we were offered in the summer.

So, its a deal to protect the fee, more than anything football wise.

If we go up it doesn't matter if he's here or not.

If we don't, he's gone anyway for a modest fee.

He's doing the right thing for the club, finance wise, without jeopardising the fact he will be playing PL football next year, either way

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:46 am

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Excellent news about Phillips.

A well deserved contract.

It seems lessons have been learned.


Not really, the deal comes with a set price buy out clause if we don't go up, lower than we were offered in the summer.

So, its a deal to protect the fee, more than anything football wise.

If we go up it doesn't matter if he's here or not.

If we don't, he's gone anyway for a modest fee.

He's doing the right thing for the club, finance wise, without jeopardising the fact he will be playing PL football next year, either way

A) Do we know the details on a buyout fee? I'd be surprised if we've agreed something under £25m.
B) Given he's one of our best and certainly most important players, we'd very much want him to stay if we do go up.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby the flying pig » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:58 am

i've no problem with a minimum fee buyout clause provided it doesn't kick in until the summer.

if he manages two seasons playing at more or less his current level & we've still not gone up then he deserves to go, for a fair price [ suppose it's up to the management to judge what that is]. watching england at the weekend, they have, whatshisname, rice from west ham in the kp position, hard to compare given the differing levels they play at, but is rice really any better?

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Yeboah » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:41 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Excellent news about Phillips.

A well deserved contract.

It seems lessons have been learned.


Not really, the deal comes with a set price buy out clause if we don't go up, lower than we were offered in the summer.

So, its a deal to protect the fee, more than anything football wise.

If we go up it doesn't matter if he's here or not.

If we don't, he's gone anyway for a modest fee.

He's doing the right thing for the club, finance wise, without jeopardising the fact he will be playing PL football next year, either way

A) Do we know the details on a buyout fee? I'd be surprised if we've agreed something under £25m.
B) Given he's one of our best and certainly most important players, we'd very much want him to stay if we do go up.


if you think about it logically, why would he agree to a high buyout clause? It takes money out of his own pocket, we had no leverage in these negotiations. Agent sets a realistic buyout fee (I've heard 10-12m) or he just doesn't sign and goes for free in the summer.

If we do go up, I'd hope we'd be able to get someone much better...or if we want him to stay, finance wouldn't then be an issue.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Yeboah » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:42 pm

the flying pig wrote:i've no problem with a minimum fee buyout clause provided it doesn't kick in until the summer.

if he manages two seasons playing at more or less his current level & we've still not gone up then he deserves to go, for a fair price [ suppose it's up to the management to judge what that is]. watching england at the weekend, they have, whatshisname, rice from west ham in the kp position, hard to compare given the differing levels they play at, but is rice really any better?


Yes, rice is much better....

I guess time of exit depends on where we are at the end of January, and what the realistic prospects of promo are at that point.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby the flying pig » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:02 pm

Yeboah wrote:...Yes, rice is much better....

...


yeah? taller, better pure defender, has done it in the top division despite being younger... but can he use the ball as well?

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:30 pm

Yeboah wrote:if you think about it logically, why would he agree to a high buyout clause? It takes money out of his own pocket, we had no leverage in these negotiations. Agent sets a realistic buyout fee (I've heard 10-12m) or he just doesn't sign and goes for free in the summer.

If we do go up, I'd hope we'd be able to get someone much better...or if we want him to stay, finance wouldn't then be an issue.

This isn't the last year of his contract, we could make him stay next season on his current salary if we wanted to. We have plenty of leverage. Both sides of the equation go together though, if we wanted a £30m release clause then he'd be entitled to ask for the wages of a £30m player.

We're talking about a player who doesn't actually want to leave, if he wanted to line his pockets he'd be a Villa player now. But at the same time he must know he's good enough and it's likely he'll have to move for the good of his career if we don't go up this season. That doesn't mean we should let him go cheap though.

I hope you've heard wrong, £10m-£12m would be a poor deal for us. Also hope it's a none promotion clause only. There's nothing to stop us accepting a bid below the release clause next summer if he asks to go, isn't the point of these things that they're on the upper end of current value?


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tycipa and 12 guests