Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:19 am

Same for me: happy to let it float in the background while t'World Cup was on, but now I'd like to see some activity, pretty smartish.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am

dirty leeds wrote:Same for me: happy to let it float in the background while t'World Cup was on, but now I'd like to see some activity, pretty smartish.

yeah, i'm going to miss the WC.

when leeds were good [e.g. say during the 2002 WC] i was quite sniffy about international football, in the way that, i suppose, many fans of BAROMETER clubs still are to this day.

but nowadays the WC seems so strongly preferable to our second tier drudgery. wonder if i'm slowly becoming one of those lower division fans who gets all excited about england [e.g. on the tele you always lots of shrewsbury, hereford, etc flags, more so than manyoo or liverpool etc].

Tommy

Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Tommy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:58 pm

The Bartley thing is moderately concerning. I don’t know if Bielsa didn’t want him or if we (quite fairly) decided he’s too much of an injury risk. My feeling is that if I you can find a use for Cooper, you can find a use for Bartley (who is by any metric a deluxe version). My thoughts are we probably should have gone with it unless we’ve got a better player lined up (seems very improbable), if only because he’d likely prove useful over say, three years whereas any given manager tends to last a few months at best. Then again, returning players seldom live up to hype a second time around.

JohnGiles

Postby JohnGiles » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:04 pm

Tommy wrote:The Bartley thing is moderately concerning. I don’t know if Bielsa didn’t want him or if we (quite fairly) decided he’s too much of an injury risk. My feeling is that if I you can find a use for Cooper, you can find a use for Bartley (who is by any metric a deluxe version). My thoughts are we probably should have gone with it unless we’ve got a better player lined up (seems very improbable), if only because he’d likely prove useful over say, three years whereas any given manager tends to last a few months at best. Then again, returning players seldom live up to hype a second time around.

Rambling

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Tommy wrote:The Bartley thing is moderately concerning. I don’t know if Bielsa didn’t want him or if we (quite fairly) decided he’s too much of an injury risk. My feeling is that if I you can find a use for Cooper, you can find a use for Bartley (who is by any metric a deluxe version). My thoughts are we probably should have gone with it unless we’ve got a better player lined up (seems very improbable), if only because he’d likely prove useful over say, three years whereas any given manager tends to last a few months at best. Then again, returning players seldom live up to hype a second time around.

Yep, that's the worry. Apart from his Leeds spell, he's not really played a lot, has he?

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:59 pm

4m for a player of his standard, with his record is too much for us, given likely overall budget.

A good miss

JohnGiles

Postby JohnGiles » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Yeboah wrote:

4m for a player of his standard, with his record is too much for us, given likely overall budget.

A good miss

Tipsy!

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Juve already recouped over 50 Mill Euros from ronaldo merchandise...... Mind boggling... :shake1:

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:09 am

Whats the club down to now - a goalkeeper , a couple of outfield players .....and OFK . I really do think that some new signings might be required , its getting a tad desperate , Bielsa must be thinking "what the fuck !!!!!!! " .
Maybe it is the world cup playing a factor in all of this , but I reckon most of the players the club have wanted aren't there . I had high hopes a few weeks ago - I'm getting big doubts now .
Bloody pain in the arse this football thing . If I had a life I'd say it spoilt it .

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:17 am

sunshine whites wrote:unsurprisingly RM 44 transfer listed by the criminals
surely at a reduced fee to cut losses?\\
What fee does anything think they would take as no doubt the wages will still be high?
cost them 12M transfer, currently speculated 45K week, 2M year with 2 years left. I'm sure V will take anything close to half the fee, say 5M to get rid, & assume RM44 will go for similar wages.?

RM turms 32 in August, no injury problems, instinctive predator, was a fantastic captain at Leeds who led by example, his son is Leeds born & RM44 gets it and can handle it at ER.
Nailed on 20 goals, Risk but worth a punt, bring him home.

No just no.

Don't recall any 20 goal seasons at villa and fitness/professionalism has never been his strong point.

As for a fantastic captain you need to raise your expectations.
1 great season
1 good season( which he did fuck all for half of it)
1 average season
1 crap season

Very much a mixed bag despite all the badge kissing and Leeds salutes.

That's before we even mention the contracts.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:34 am

Mr Reality wrote:
sunshine whites wrote:unsurprisingly RM 44 transfer listed by the criminals
surely at a reduced fee to cut losses?\\
What fee does anything think they would take as no doubt the wages will still be high?
cost them 12M transfer, currently speculated 45K week, 2M year with 2 years left. I'm sure V will take anything close to half the fee, say 5M to get rid, & assume RM44 will go for similar wages.?

RM turms 32 in August, no injury problems, instinctive predator, was a fantastic captain at Leeds who led by example, his son is Leeds born & RM44 gets it and can handle it at ER.
Nailed on 20 goals, Risk but worth a punt, bring him home.

No just no.

Don't recall any 20 goal seasons at villa and fitness/professionalism has never been his strong point.

As for a fantastic captain you need to raise your expectations.
1 great season
1 good season( which he did fuck all for half of it)
1 average season
1 crap season

Very much a mixed bag despite all the badge kissing and Leeds salutes.

That's before we even mention the contracts.

Yeah agree with Mr R, not a big fan of second comings, just ask the wife (thought i'd get that in before any of you cunts)
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:49 am

Phil Hay
‏ @PhilHayYEP
15m15 minutes ago

Marcus Antonsson to Malmo should go ahead. Permanent deal. Brescia wanted him but he’s heading back to Sweden. #lufc

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:54 am

Antonsson on is way out the door, 9 departures this summer and only two loans coming in assuming Blackman signs, Ideguchi could count as a third, Tyler Roberts a forth.

It'll be interesting to see our lineup against Forest Green. Expect Ryan Edmondson will shoot us to promotion.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:15 am

jackos wrote:Antonsson on is way out the door, 9 departures this summer and only two loans coming in assuming Blackman signs, Ideguchi could count as a third, Tyler Roberts a forth.

It'll be interesting to see our lineup against Forest Green. Expect Ryan Edmondson will shoot us to promotion.

It will be interesting to see if there are 11 players left , let alone substitutes .

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:18 am

Agree on the McCormack thing Mr R too ........ NOT the future , at 32 its a risk ( if they were to even consider it ) - I guess any player is a risk , but the same argument was had with Becchio a few seasons ago , they aren't the players they were and its asking a lot , maybe too much , to hope they can bring back the form of one magnificent season , more likely the form of one of their other efforts , especially at the age of 32 .
So , its a no from me .

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:43 am

jackos wrote:Antonsson on is way out the door, 9 departures this summer and only two loans coming in assuming Blackman signs, Ideguchi could count as a third, Tyler Roberts a forth.

Agreed Jackos. But the players who have left are not the ones I want rid of.
Andymac

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:51 am

How soon is purple dildo day anyway, end of the month?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Blackwhite wrote:How soon is purple dildo day anyway, end of the month?

9th August this year. Brought into line with the Prem who have now decided that they want the window to close before the season starts
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:59 pm

Cheers.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:12 am

I must admit, my optimism is starting to wane.
One loan plus one probable loan isn’t much by mid July, with preseason underway and friendlies starting.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Return to “The Square Ball”