Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
jackos

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby jackos » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Yeboah wrote:Charlie Taylor has proven to Burnley what mistakes cost.

Same could be said of Byram, but teams in the bottom half of the PL sign a lot of Byrams and Taylors, they have massive squads and can sell a lot of their mistakes back the the championship- "with PL experience" - so they're not taking a masdive risk.

Nor are we giving a 4 yr contract to one of our own, whos shown.he can.play in.the championship and is an England U21 player. Trying to find a gem.by handing out 3-4 year contracts to Eurotrash on top of million pound signing fees is worse.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:42 pm

jackos wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Charlie Taylor has proven to Burnley what mistakes cost.

Same could be said of Byram, but teams in the bottom half of the PL sign a lot of Byrams and Taylors, they have massive squads and can sell a lot of their mistakes back the the championship- "with PL experience" - so they're not taking a masdive risk.

Nor are we giving a 4 yr contract to one of our own, whos shown.he can.play in.the championship and is an England U21 player. Trying to find a gem.by handing out 3-4 year contracts to Eurotrash on top of million pound signing fees is worse.

depends what we are paying the likes of EOK etc.4 years on low money is the ok side of a bad deal.

What are byram and Taylor worth now. ? 2 players provably not good enough at that level on big money...?

I assume West ham would let byram go on a free , maybe same for Taylor. so the club's risk is only small because of the money in EPL. in real terms they are both complete busts.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Rewarding mediocrity will only lead to, at best, mediocrity.

Pearce hasn't come remotely close to proving anything yet.

good easily be a good or awful deal but far too early to tell!

Charlie Taylor has proven to Burnley what mistakes cost.

He's in the England u21 squad and you are moaning he has been given a 4 year deal. There is no comparison with the stupid contracts given out last summer.

Not sure how Taylor is relevant to this discussion.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Madger Gomes has fucked off to France.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:43 pm

welshwhite wrote:Madger Gomes has fucked off the France.

Player.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Very cool if true ...

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:28 pm

jackos wrote:Very cool if true ...

If true, that sort of thing would go a long way to making the appointment something other than putting very expensive lipstick on an irredeemably ugly pig. Assuming those four lads are any good, that is. If only Danny was still posting here, I'm sure he'd be able to give us chapter and verse, if they're English, I suppose. Well, we know the keeper is, & was a potential target, anyway.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Those names mean nothing to me! Good players?

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Yeah, I have only heard of Gunn because I seen his Da play once.
Andymac

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 pm

AndyPaul wrote:

Your guess is as good as mine but EA Sports think:
Gunn, 21 (GK) : https://sofifa.com/player/216325
Tosin, 19 (CB) : https://sofifa.com/player/222104
Diaz, 17 (CAM/CF) : https://sofifa.com/player/231410
Nmecha, 18 (ST) : https://sofifa.com/player/230084

All highly rated on the basis of that, all more than a little green currently.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Cheers Phil. We are a little light on players for our Under 23's, (we only signed about 60 last year) few more will make no difference.
Andymac

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:Cheers Phil. We are a little light on players for our Under 23's, (we only signed about 60 last year) few more will make no difference.

In fairness, they should be ahead of a number of our first team members for technical ability, they'll likely lack a bit of physicality but that hasn't hampered BPF and Pearce. You'd think they're already well coached in a high intensity, high pressing game. If we were to supplement them with some decent experience it could work. Of course, we'll probably have the youngest side in the division and will get bullied often.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:30 pm

Not too concerned about the names, but Gunn and Daiz would be great signings, and Nmecha is en England U21 team mate of Pearce, Vieria and Cook. I will be happy if we bring in a manager who has a reputation for developing young players and who should be able to attract the top quality loans we've missed out on to clubs like Huddersfield and Brighton in recent seasons

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:40 pm

jackos wrote:Not too concerned about the names, but Gunn and Daiz would be great signings, and Nmecha is en England U21 team mate of Pearce, Vieria and Cook. I will be happy if we bring in a manager who has a reputation for developing young players and who should be able to attract the top quality loans we've missed out on to clubs like Huddersfield and Brighton in recent seasons

This. I'm sure that the current set up of 6430 kids in the reserves is an appeal to the kind of hopefully sick mind that likes to train the cunts like dogs

It won't matter if he drives some of them into the ground - Pavlov knew that :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:...

Your guess is as good as mine but EA Sports think:
Gunn, 21 (GK) : https://sofifa.com/player/216325
Tosin, 19 (CB) : https://sofifa.com/player/222104
Diaz, 17 (CAM/CF) : https://sofifa.com/player/231410
Nmecha, 18 (ST) : https://sofifa.com/player/230084

All highly rated on the basis of that, all more than a little green currently.

I don't think that (to the limited extent that they ever could,) aside from the odd freak like master sessegnon at Fulham, 18 or, especially, 17 yr olds can really do it in the first team these days... Maybe a winger or other pure 'pace merchant' could. I'd much rather have guys who were a couple of years older than this, y'know, players who were overdue first team action but just not citeh standard... Like mooy when Huddersfield had him on loan. Another young citeh player, I know that this guy foden is super highly rated but just cannot see where first team starts are going to come from at citeh, maybe he'd do well on loan somewhere?

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:25 am

There's talk on one of my Facebook links that Reading have made a £7m bid for Roofe.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:44 am

welshwhite wrote:There's talk on one of my Facebook links that Reading have made a £7m bid for Roofe.

:lol:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Hilarious, aye.
BUT... looking at the videos online of [for example] Bielsa's Lille team, the fuckers don't half buzz around like bees all over the pitch. It really is non-stop, high energy stuff. That in mind, running through the players we have now, I'd say the likes of Ayling, Pearce, Forshaw, Alioski, Vieira, Phillips, Ekuban and maybe even Roofe could fit in [physically] with Papa's plan. Pablo could too, obviously, if his legs can take the strain. Samu will definitely be good enough, but he will have to throw his all into it and believe in the system if he's going to keep up ['cause yer Enganches are expected to press as well].
It looks relentless, demanding, extremely exciting and asks for real concentration from the players all the time, so they know exactly what they should be doing both with and without the ball. If Bielsa does sign up, the fuckers are probably in for the toughest pre-season in history. Fuck me, I dare one of 'em to step out of line! :lol:

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 am

[@VarskySports] understands Tottenham Hotspur centre-back Juan Foyth is on the radar of new Leeds United manager in order to reinforce the club’s defence. The Argentinian who has a close relationship with Mauricio Pochettino wants the defender on a season-long loan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Foyth

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:06 am

welshwhite wrote:[@VarskySports] understands Tottenham Hotspur centre-back Juan Foyth is on the radar of new Leeds United manager in order to reinforce the club’s defence. The Argentinian who has a close relationship with Mauricio Pochettino wants the defender on a season-long loan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Foyth

Ajax after him too it seems

Return to “The Square Ball”