Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Phil LUFC

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:41 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:Doesn't look as tho the print is available online anymore. I think i want one.

I was told they'd split supply 50:50 between online and club shop so you may be able to get one still if you can get to ER.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Chieftain626 wrote:Doesn't look as tho the print is available online anymore. I think i want one.

I was told they'd split supply 50:50 between online and club shop so you may be able to get one still if you can get to ER.

not much chance of that happening in the near future lol

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:16 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:

not much chance of that happening in the near future lol

Indeed, clearly wasn't paying much attention. You'd need some kind soul to offer to do it and arrange postage. I'll not be there until the next home game but doubt they'll be around that long.

Maybe worth an email to the club?

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:31 pm

I asked me Dad haha

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Radrizzani rattling his cup again. Seems as though he absolutely must sell this summer if we aren’t promoted.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Tommy wrote:Radrizzani rattling his cup again. Seems as though he absolutely most sell this summer if we aren’t promoted.

There isn’t anything new in that article, though, is there? No new quotes. It’s just a write up of a load of stuff we already knew.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:44 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:
Tommy wrote:Radrizzani rattling his cup again. Seems as though he absolutely most sell this summer if we aren’t promoted.

There isn’t anything new in that article, though is there? No new quotes. It’s just a write up of a load of stuff we already knew.

Cheers saved me the click.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:55 pm

Well done to his Mother for writing such lovely things about her Son :thumbl:

It's Friday.
Must dash.

:basket:

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:There isn’t anything new in that article, though, is there? No new quotes. It’s just a write up of a load of stuff we already knew.

Aye but it says something that the same story is being repeated so soon. This time the emphasis is on what a well run club it is etc. We’re definitely in the shop window.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:39 pm

Every club is in the shop window.

Sadly journalism particularly from that awful outlet is all about clicks rather any insight or knowledge.

They know a story about Leeds will get a lot of traffic.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:43 pm

Next summer will be 3 full seasons of radrizanni. 4 if you believe that he was pretty much running the show in 16/17 as was reported at the time.

It was always supposed to be a 5 year plan.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:43 pm

He also forgot to mention we were once Champions League semi-finalists.

If that's his best offering then he needs to sing some more songs about refusing to go to rehab.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Next summer will be 3 full seasons of radrizanni. 4 if you believe that he was pretty much running the show in 16/17 as was reported at the time.

what was ken bates 5 year plan? or GFH's? probably make a few quid and fuck off. it's the same deal for any investor. why else would you invest in a company that you have no attachment to? at least radz has bought us ER back and given us bielsa. expecting any more is naive surely?

nobody can guarantee success, especially when the league imposes the rule that you can't accrue more than £39m of debt over 3 years.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:59 pm

Does anyone know the date he officially anounced he was here as part of a five year plan?

I'm counting the fucking days here.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Whoooooo ur a devil Welsh, i am, but i'm enjoying them for once in a long time.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:24 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Next summer will be 3 full seasons of radrizanni. 4 if you believe that he was pretty much running the show in 16/17 as was reported at the time.

what was ken bates 5 year plan? or GFH's? probably make a few quid and fuck off. it's the same deal for any investor. why else would you invest in a company that you have no attachment to? at least radz has bought us ER back and given us bielsa. expecting any more is naive surely?

nobody can guarantee success, especially when the league imposes the rule that you can't accrue more than £39m of debt over 3 years.

Was a criticism just that it's not really a suprise that he is looking for help.

Compared to recent owners I actually don't mind radrizanni and believe he has the best interests of the club at heart. I think we have seen his track record on a football level is hit and miss but it's never through a lack of effort.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:37 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Quiffy wrote:

Was a criticism just that it's not really a suprise that he is looking for help.

as far as i know we can't spend any more than we have done over the three years whilst in the championship so there's no point getting much more now.

it seems he's touting for the best bid if we go up, which is fair enough. people complain if he wastes money on bad signings, so surely it's fair enough to tout for the most investment if we go up? anyway, i'd rather concentrate on what happens on the pitch.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:15 am

Quiffy wrote:nobody can guarantee success, especially when the league imposes the rule that you can't accrue more than £39m of debt over 3 years.

The rule has made it a lot easier for Radrizzani to stay on as the clubs owner, the Brum points deductible forced every championship club to tighten its purse strings and our increased turnover (nearly 50M now according to Radz) means he does mot neec to invest massively into the squad to remain competitive.

FFP changed dramatically last summer, that must have reduced the pressure on Radz to sell.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:19 am

Fresh owners could still spend money. Look at Villa, they were fucked and within days of going into admin and having to sell Grealish and one or two other key players.

The new money kept Grealish, added Abraham, Mings and McGinn to an already decent championship squad.

People will argue that had they not gone up they would have been docked 9 points the following season but that has not stopped Brum from recruiting this summer (yes they sold Adams but we sold a lot more).

3 or 4 key signings (a proper striker being the main one) and we would fly up.

If QSI came in they would simply overspend on players and plan to go up within 2 seasons, if not they are hardly going to go to the wall and 9 points now being the benchmark it would not curtail the plan as much as people think. They would probably just sell ER to themselves as so many others have. That amount of financial clout will always win out at this level.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:34 am

rss1969 wrote:Fresh owners could still spend money. Look at Villa, they were fucked and within days of going into admin and having to sell Grealish and one or two other key players.

The new money kept Grealish, added Abraham, Mings and McGinn to an already decent championship squad.

People will argue that had they not gone up they would have been docked 9 points the following season but that has not stopped Brum from recruiting this summer (yes they sold Adams but we sold a lot more).

3 or 4 key signings (a proper striker being the main one) and we would fly up.

If QSI came in they would simply overspend on players and plan to go up within 2 seasons, if not they are hardly going to go to the wall and 9 points now being the benchmark it would not curtail the plan as much as people think. They would probably just sell ER to themselves as so many others have. That amount of financial clout will always win out at this level.

villa sold their ground to 'themselves' to work around the rules. as ER is officially owned by greenfield investments i'm not sure we can do that.

and if we did you can be sure they'd shut that loophole on our necks.

Return to “The Square Ball”