The state of UK politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
jackos

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby jackos » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:22 am

Oh Jezza... :(

In the middle of a UK election campaign, a couple of days after a terrorist who was released early murdered two people on the streets of London, the Labour backbencher who is their PM candidate tells Sky News Terrorists should "not necessarily" serve the full term of their prison sentence.

Idealism is commendable, stupidity definitely is not. How many wavering voters does he think those two words have won over to his party? That sort of comment can lose an election in a good year, and this definitely is not of those :scratch:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:52 am

You are probably right, Jackos.

OTOH....

The guy tried to access a deradicalisation program but was told there was nothing available to him. And prison is turning into a madrassah, say the right wing press...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:11 am

Blackwhite wrote:You are probably right, Jackos....

The rights and wrongs of early release, deradicalisation or capital punishment don't really come into it in the current climate, especially during an election campaign, and a couole of days after the latest attack. Corbyn is not a backbencher anymore, he supposedly wants the job of leading the country, idealists very seldom, if ever, get, or are even suitable for the job.

Rightly or wrongly deradicalisation is seen by many has being soft on terrorism, as is letting them out early. I doubt that tweet will cost Johnson any votes, I am absolutely certain "not necessarily" will cost Labour votes.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:14 am

jackos wrote:Oh Jezza... :(

In the middle of a UK election campaign, a couple of days after a terrorist who was released early murdered two people on the streets of London, the Labour backbencher who is their PM candidate tells Sky News Terrorists should "not necessarily" serve the full term of their prison sentence.

Idealism is commendable, stupidity definitely is not. How many wavering voters does he think those two words have won over to his party? That sort of comment can lose an election in a good year, and this definitely is not of those :scratch:

If you liked that you’ll love this:

Jezza says it’s our own fault
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:37 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:01 am

And we did this one, yeah?

Man's a cunt. And you're all letting him.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:52 pm

I don't really agree with the first statement, but it's a nice collection of hypocrisy re: reporting on Corbyn.

There may be another one along in a minute...

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:26 pm

I don't understand why the twatter even bothered - the 2nd part would be true of any politician at any time of their career in regard to their critics. No?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:22 am

Eddies Boots wrote:I don't understand why the twatter even bothered - the 2nd part would be true of any politician at any time of their career in regard to their critics. No?

Dunno if I agree. Some seem to be indulged in anything, however much it self contradicts. Corbyn gets traduced by media and opposition for policies that are then quietly adopted. Not seen that much before I don't think.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:11 am

Eric: :lol:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 am

Hahaha - I posted this (before she did). I wonder whether your famous Corbynite there robbed it off one of my RTers.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Hahahahaha!!!

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:52 pm

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:07 pm

Yeboah wrote:https://news.sky.com/story/labour-a-welcoming-refuge-for-antisemitism-under-corbyn-says-jewish-groups-dossier-11878624

The stated objectives of the Jewish Labour Movement are solely concerned with promoting values within the state of Israel, or promoting Israel as being central to Jewish Life. Isn't the JLM continually lashing out at anyone who dares to criticise Israel, or who offers sympathy for the plight of people in Palestine, which is totally different from being anti-semitic?

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:28 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:49 pm

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:30 pm

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:26 pm

The usual election nonsense.
disposable income is up, but then household debt is at a record high
income inequality has been rising for the last 8 years, and is considerably above where it was 35 years ago - the most recent high for income in equality was 28 years ago - so the 30 year mark was carefully chosen to be misleading

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:37 pm

Homelessness highest under Labour..

Return to “The Square Ball”