Because wives

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: Because wives

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:50 pm

jackos wrote:
the flying pig wrote:will have to be cheaper [because budget etc] than the current booking and probably also more expensive [because stingy bastard, don't want to slum it etc] than the last place.

i've got this.

We holiday in the UK every year and I'm often surprised by how much it costs compared to a fortnight in the Med. I suppose we have the added cost of flights and car rental, but a week at a Butlins or Certer Parcs we easily cost over 2000. Always seemed like a lot to me for what they offer so we always end up renting a house somewhere, even that can be expensive a normal year, and this year isn't normal. Everyone is holidaying "at home" so you are really late if you're looking for somewhere to stay this summer.

holidaying in england is a rip off. we've got well over two weeks at two great sites with overnight stays and eurotunnel we're looking at £1600, which is the most we've paid. just had a look at google maps, to drive from stockholm to amsterdam is a similar trek that we do to the french alps, so you'll need an overnight. you can get all the camping gear for £1000. and you can drink all you like without much of a hangover.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:52 pm

Anyone want to buy some camping stuff? 6 man tent + footprint, 1 double & 2 single blow up mattresses, table, stove etc. Was going to put it all on FB next week but if any of you lot want it I would rather it go to one of you cunts.

This is the tent...

Bielsa1919

Postby Bielsa1919 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:00 pm

We've booked 2 weeks in the UK self catering in September for just over a grand. Near a beach and near a pub. No fannying around driving for hours or spending hours in super covid spreading airports.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:05 pm

We're off to Brazil.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:14 pm

dirty leeds wrote:We're off to Brazil.

disappointed. you could have gone to rosario on a pilgrimage you heathen.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:17 pm

Quiffy wrote:
jackos wrote:
the flying pig wrote:will have to be cheaper [because budget etc] than the current booking and probably also more expensive [because stingy bastard, don't want to slum it etc] than the last place.

i've got this.

We holiday in the UK every year and I'm often surprised by how much it costs compared to a fortnight in the Med. I suppose we have the added cost of flights and car rental, but a week at a Butlins or Certer Parcs we easily cost over 2000. Always seemed like a lot to me for what they offer so we always end up renting a house somewhere, even that can be expensive a normal year, and this year isn't normal. Everyone is holidaying "at home" so you are really late if you're looking for somewhere to stay this summer.

holidaying in england is a rip off. we've got well over two weeks at two great sites with overnight stays and eurotunnel we're looking at £1600, which is the most we've paid. just had a look at google maps, to drive from stockholm to amsterdam is a similar trek that we do to the french alps, so you'll need an overnight. you can get all the camping gear for £1000. and you can drink all you like without much of a hangover.

Sounds very relaxing.....

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:21 pm

Quiffy wrote:

disappointed. you could have gone to rosario on a pilgrimage you heathen.

Insurance.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:28 pm

OWETB wrote:Anyone want to buy some camping stuff? 6 man tent + footprint, 1 double & 2 single blow up mattresses, table, stove etc. Was going to put it all on FB next week but if any of you lot want it I would rather it go to one of you cunts.

This is the tent...

Thanks but no,

We invented bricks to not need tents.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:27 am

Saga holidays?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:42 am

AndyPaul wrote:

Saga holidays?

Dignitas.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:49 am

dirty leeds wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:

Saga holidays?

Dignitas.

:mrgreen:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Overarching plan: work towards a house move in the New Year, downsize a bit once the kids have all left home. Over the last couple of months we’ve been emptying cupboards, generally doing Marie Kondo chucking out type stuff.

A couple of large boxes arrive full of bedding and various sundries, for the use of the lad fucking off to Uni.

Me: ‘Why can’t he just take the stuff he’s already got? Not like we’ll need it’

Her: ‘He’s moving away, he’s obviously got to have new’

:scratch:
HM Collector Of Parcels

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 am

I'm left scratchin my heed myself.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Return to “The Square Ball”