The Championship

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Proud to be Leeds

Re: The Championship

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Nottingham Forest spending like Wolves did last year...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44482778
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:47 am

Jack Rodwell had his contract at Sunderland cancelled after 4 years with the club.
It's estimated that Rodwell took home £14m in wages during his time at the club while only making 76 appearances.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:20 pm

sunshine whites wrote:Jack Rodwell had his contract at Sunderland cancelled after 4 years with the club.
It's estimated that Rodwell took home £14m in wages during his time at the club while only making 76 appearances.

Did he take home 14m or is that the figure before tax?
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Ontolly wrote:
sunshine whites wrote:Jack Rodwell had his contract at Sunderland cancelled after 4 years with the club.

Did he take home 14m or is that the figure before tax?

Well (a pedant writes) none of these fuckers are PAYE, so arguably he took gross home*

*Home in this instance being a bank in the Caymans.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:06 am

Any news on how our rivals are doing on the transfer front, we don't want to be left behind.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 am

welshwhite wrote:Any news on how our rivals are doing on the transfer front, we don't want to be left behind.

ck transfer thread! :mrgreen:

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 am

I think Forest have spent a few quid and Derby are trying to offload some cunt to Leeds to get their wage bill down.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 am

Vydra, however, struggled with a groin problem towards the end of last season and Lampard claimed fitness reasons were behind his failure to travel to Tenerife. Vydra will work at Derby’s training complex instead this week. “Vydra has stayed back, he had a small injury and he hasn’t trained properly at all so it was much better for him and the medical team to work back at the training ground,” Lampard told Derby’s official website. “He has a week to get himself ready and hopefully then he’ll be ready to join the rest of the lads.”

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9230621

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:37 am

11-12M for damaged goods? or is Frank telling porkies?

sunshine whites wrote:Vydra, however, struggled with a groin problem towards the end of last season and Lampard claimed fitness reasons were behind his failure to travel to Tenerife. Vydra will work at Derby’s training complex instead this week. “Vydra has stayed back, he had a small injury and he hasn’t trained properly at all so it was much better for him and the medical team to work back at the training ground,” Lampard told Derby’s official website. “He has a week to get himself ready and hopefully then he’ll be ready to join the rest of the lads.”

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9230621

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:43 am

So Wolves paid Bournemouth 10M for Afobe then sold him to Stoke earning themselves a 1M profit a week later?

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:44 am

We refused to pay cash for Stockdale, trying instead to get him here on loan. The chances of us IMHO paying 11 million on one player is nothing but wishful thinking.

Tommy

The Championship

Postby Tommy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Forest seem to be big proponents of the ‘players get you promoted’ theory. Boom or bust for them this season.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Tommy wrote:Forest seem to be big proponents of the ‘players get you promoted’ theory. Boom or bust for them this season.

Or the season after. FFP works over a 3 year cycle does it not?

I wonder what state Fulham would have been in had they not won the playoffs? Maybe the press would be doom & gloom on them instead of Villa.

It is not sustainable as we cannot all get promoted and yet every season there seems to be 4/5 clubs spending what they cannot afford (according to FFP)

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:05 pm

Tommy wrote:Forest seem to be big proponents of the ‘players get you promoted’ theory. Boom or bust for them this season.

Always said they were cunts :D
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 am

GK getting signed up

Nottingham Forest completed signing number eight by bringing back GK Costel Pantilimon on Tuesday,

in the same report in the Sun :scratch: :!: suggesting that Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban is nearing a £5million switch to the City Ground.
5M would be a steal for Grabban,

GK costs going up
Saggies brought in ex scummer am Johnson for 6.5m, who was one of the leagues best keeper last season

Stoke City have signed Australia international goalkeeper Adam Federici (age 33) from Premier League side Bournemouth.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:08 am

We are being blown out of the water again.

5m for Grabban is indeed a bargain, guaranteed goals if fit.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:28 am

welshwhite wrote:We refused to pay cash for Stockdale, trying instead to get him here on loan. The chances of us IMHO paying 11 million on one player is nothing but wishful thinking.

This. Cant see it happening, but happy to be proven wrong.
#MOT #GAWA

Tommy

The Championship

Postby Tommy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:42 am

Comparatively I reckon we will actually sign Vydra because I think he’s the player that the board all but guaranteed to Bielsa that they would get. If they don’t want him to do a Lazio again, they’ll be very keen on landing him. Remember the club got at least £9m (possible as much as £20m depending on who you believe) from the minority share sold to the 49ers. The wisdom of spending that much on one player remains to be seen but we might yet generate more funds from player sales. It’s not impossible that someone wants say, Jansson, Saiz, Roofe or Vieira.

At this point in time I’ll admit that I’d sooner Forest had Bielsa and we had the players they’ve signed thus far but it’s early doors yet. Presumably we’re looking at at least 3-4 more incomings (depending on how many leave).

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:21 am

With Orta still heavily involved doing a deal for Vydra seems unlikely.
Radz was clearly aware of what Wolves did last year, predominantly imports on loan deals, with no doubt high wages.
Smoggies dropped 50M, bought domestically, poached one of the leagues best rated strikers & hired an experienced Monk manager but look that went?

Its worrying that its reported Vydra is not even fit, & has not been training as he has carried an injury from last season which further puts serious risk in to doing a deal for 10M+ and wages speculated it would cost to get Vydra,
Especially when there are other candidates such as Grabban on the market?

Any 49ers cash which I very much doubt is hard currency will have gone on El Loco.

Pray for Danny Rose to have a good world cup, 10% sell fee when the spuds sell him! Could be 3.5M to 5M there but that wont even buy a decent keeper!

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:39 am

Tommy wrote:
At this point in time I’ll admit that I’d sooner Forest had Bielsa and we had the players they’ve signed thus far

WHY'S THAT, TOMMY?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Return to “The Square Ball”