O/T: Fuck Cancer

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
jackos

Re: O/T: Fuck Cancer

Postby jackos » Tue May 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Fucking horrible disease. Agree with you about Care. Jimmys and Macmillan have been spectacular when my lot have needed them, as were Borders General last with with my sister. However much we give it'll always be too little.

Condolences LSD.

You really think Josh can win it? Bloody hope so. I know nowt about boxing, but the lad deserves it and Leeds needs it.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed May 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Sorry to hear that, mate. Look after yourself.
Agree on the statement about care, hospice and Macmillan are fucking superb.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed May 16, 2018 1:17 pm

All the best mate.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed May 16, 2018 4:17 pm

'Small world' moment when we discovered that my dad had been put in the nextdoor hospice room to LSD's mum, facilitating lots of micro, not particularly jovial, SB meetups over the last few days. Nice under trying circumstances to see a friendly face, though the staff have been very good. We're still in here now, though not for much longer I don't think. Thread title remains appropriate.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed May 16, 2018 5:01 pm

the flying pig wrote:'Small world' moment when we discovered that my dad had been put in the nextdoor hospice room to LSD's mum, facilitating lots of micro, not particularly jovial, SB meetups over the last few days. Nice under trying circumstances to see a friendly face, though the staff have been very good. We're still in here now, though not for much longer I don't think. Thread title remains appropriate.

Thoughts with you, mate.
:salute:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 16, 2018 5:20 pm

the flying pig wrote:'Small world' moment when we discovered that my dad had been put in the nextdoor hospice room to LSD's mum, facilitating lots of micro, not particularly jovial, SB meetups over the last few days. Nice under trying circumstances to see a friendly face, though the staff have been very good. We're still in here now, though not for much longer I don't think. Thread title remains appropriate.

Sorry to hear this is where he is with it all.

Small world indeed. Thoughts with you all.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 pm

thoughts with TFP and LSD. tough times. :(
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed May 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Fuck, all the best TFP.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Mon May 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Bloody hell, thoughts are with you all
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Aye, thinking of you both.

portadown white

Postby portadown white » Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 pm

Just catching up on SB. My condolences to LSD (what a lovely post at the worst possible time). Thoughts with you too TFP.

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:04 am

My mate wrote thing.

That is all.
I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:51 pm

Devi wrote:My mate wrote thing.

That is all.

Sorry, been busy, meant to reply earlier.

Your mate wrote a fine thing there, please thank him from me, and tell him his lady had the right idea. Without consent, we can't do anything for those who come after.

Can't (won't, also) speak much about what we're doing where I am, but suffice to say it's totally dependent on consented donors, and clinical trial subjects. The bravery and selflessness of these people is inspiring.

Hope he's healing :salute:

He's at least got a great job to work it out in...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:04 am

Nobel prize for medicine to Jim Allison and Tasuku Honju, for their discoveries of the first known immune checkpoint pathways, drugging which provided the first new immunotherapy treatments. I'm at a thing in the US, and AFAIK one of them is here.

Now I'm off to a buzzy breakfast :bounce:

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:44 pm

in hospital for 2 days now - they cut the cancer out - that will teach it to come to my house!!
US hospital - i have a nurse and an assistant and a 3rd one - its like a hotel - except full of pain and misery - no no no - full of healing and hope :D

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Eddies Boots wrote:in hospital for 2 days now - they cut the cancer out - that will teach it to come to my house!!
US hospital - i have a nurse and an assistant and a 3rd one - its like a hotel - except full of pain and misery - no no no - full of healing and hope :D

:salute:

Get well soon mate.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:35 am

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:12 am

Gonna leave this here.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:22 am

Eddies Boots wrote:in hospital for 2 days now - they cut the cancer out - that will teach it to come to my house!!

Wishing you the best, E'sB. :thumbl:

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:26 pm

all the best, obviously :viking:

Return to “The Square Ball”