Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Postby the flying pig » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:15 pm

when you hear mourinho speak as a pundit etc he seems as bright/passionate/energetic as ever, but one has to suspect that he's become too pig-headed, abrasive, & bad-tempered to do a good job in anything other than perfect [in terms of budget & squad quality/personalities] conditions, i really don't think he can anymore be arsed with the diplomacy/softly-softly approach that you do sometimes need to properly manage the modern media & the modern pampered primadonna player.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Clacton white wrote:Which bit is unlikely ? the going up or staying up bit ?

Calculating odds involves numbers so is beyond my understanding but I'd assume taking two modestly plausible scenarios and combining them creates a condition that could be fairly described as unlikely?

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:59 pm

I hope Levy has naff all to give him, then let's see if he can do owt with nowt.

Bertstyle.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Tommy wrote:Calculating odds involves numbers so is beyond my understanding but I'd assume taking two modestly plausible scenarios and combining them creates a condition that could be fairly described as unlikely?

ha, yeah, you multiply e.g. if you're talking about two 40% shots, the chances of both happening are 16% (0.4 x 0.4), the chances of neither happening are 36% (0.6 x 0.6), the chances of only one of the two happening are whatever's left (48%).

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:10 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:35 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Tommy wrote:Calculating odds involves numbers so is beyond my understanding but I'd assume taking two modestly plausible scenarios and combining them creates a condition that could be fairly described as unlikely?

ha, yeah, you multiply e.g. if you're talking about two 40% shots, the chances of both happening are 16% (0.4 x 0.4), the chances of neither happening are 36% (0.6 x 0.6), the chances of only one of the two happening are whatever's left (48%).

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Andymac

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:22 pm

i suppose really it's more complicated than that because we can't not go up but stay up. the pt about multiplying/low chances of doing both stands, however :thumbl: h

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 pm

Wonder who'll be the first players to stop giving all at Tottingham showing their complete disgust at pukeball.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:18 pm

I agree with the general consensus on Mourinho at Spurs not ending well.

That said, I’m glad he’s around because he’s such a comical, cartoonish dickbag in his dealings with nearly everyone, that it’s worth the price of admission to see how he stokes his flame-out.

I have nothing against Spurs generally, but when you sell your soul in this manner, it’s never boring to see how that soul is reclaimed.
The artist formerly known as Terre Harte I. Occasionally posts Nolans videos.

Something-something here about Massimo Cellino, beer and refrigerators.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:09 pm

the flying pig wrote:i suppose really it's more complicated than that because we can't not go up but stay up. the pt about multiplying/low chances of doing both stands, however :thumbl: h

Yeah, the chance of neither happening is 0.6 (60%) and the chance of going up then coming back down is 0.4 x 0.6 = 24%.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:41 am

Minor tidbit I noticed about new Spurs Assistant Manager Joao Sacramento - he worked for Wales as an analyst under Speedo and was also briefly Bielsa's assistant at Lille. He was caretaker for a while after Bielsa was sacked and stayed on until he was headhunted by Mourinho to be his number two. Can't see owt to suggest he had any particular relationship with Bielsa but interesting that they worked together, albeit briefly.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:19 am

Speaking for myself, Im loving the idea of Jose at Spurts.

Its an open goal, where familial piss taking is concerned.
I like it. What is it?

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:41 am

Tommy wrote:Minor tidbit I noticed about new Spurs Assistant Manager Joao Sacramento - he worked for Wales as an analyst under Speedo and was also briefly Bielsa's assistant at Lille. He was caretaker for a while after Bielsa was sacked and stayed on until he was headhunted by Mourinho to be his number two. Can't see owt to suggest he had any particular relationship with Bielsa but interesting that they worked together, albeit briefly.

The bit I read was that he was marginalised when Bielsa came in (by the God himself).
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:24 pm

C'mon Madrid step in for Poch and let him rape Jose, be v funny if Kane, Eriksen, Toby and Jan followed him.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:11 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:40 am

Arse have vacuated Emery.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:44 am

dirty leeds wrote:Arse have vacuated Emery.

He was an awful dick and they didn't like him.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 am

yeah, i saw that.

i quite like arsenal, dunno why, i suppose because i used to live very near the [old] ground & because wenger was in or close to his 'pomp' as a big innovator at roughly that time.

i'd quite like to see what simeone could do there, maybe build a new side with a modern twist on the old george graham/defensively very strong shtick.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:59 am

I'd quite like it if they appointed someone who'd have no use for a striker like Nketiah.

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:18 pm

Allardyce, maybe?

;-)
I like it. What is it?

Return to “The Square Ball”