Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Tommy

Re: Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Postby Tommy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Heckingbottom has been binned off by Hibs already.

When he was appointed at Leeds I remember a handful of usually reliable folk told me offline that Hecky was quietly well regarded within the game and it was an open secret that people saw a bright future for him. Hard to say if he was always pish or has just been unlucky. I suspect it's the former but what do I know? Presumably he'll end up back at Barnsley at some point, if not abroad.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Tommy wrote:Heckingbottom has been binned off by Hibs already.

When he was appointed at Leeds I remember a handful of usually reliable folk told me offline that Hecky was quietly well regarded within the game and it was an open secret that people saw a bright future for him. Hard to say if he was always pish or has just been unlucky. I suspect it's the former but what do I know? Presumably he'll end up back at Barnsley at some point, if not abroad.

The flip side to this is: He kept things fucking over on the Barnsley machine Lee Johnson built before fucking off to Bristol. Got decent results until the best players were sold in Jan then results were shit right up until we decided to appoint him - did fuck all to arrest the slide and the preseason/Jan spending he oversaw before jumping ship saw them relegated.

Always pish I reckon. Best suited to coaching. Neil Redfearn lite.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:13 pm

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Worked out well for Laurie Sanchez at Fulham and Chris Coleman at Sunderland.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:55 pm

dirty leeds wrote:https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1192407331704885248

Did they skim read and think they were getting Martin?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Warnock gone

Horrible bent manager, horrible club.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Might give them time to improve by mid-December, though...

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:13 pm

rss1969 wrote:Warnock gone

thank fuck for that. we need a manager with a proven track record of promotion and we can probably save £2m a year. :bounce:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Quiffy wrote:

thank fuck for that. we need a manager with a proven track record of promotion and we can probably save £2m a year. :bounce:

Yeah he would rid us of that useless Phillips for about 6m as well..........shame really

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Yeah, fuck him. That Sala thing just stinks of Warnock.
Andymac

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:23 pm

rss1969 wrote:
Quiffy wrote:

Yeah he would rid us of that useless Phillips for about 6m as well..........shame realleh

Oh god he fuckin would innit
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Postby Tommy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:Yeah, fuck him. That Sala thing just stinks of Warnock.

I’d like to think this would prohibit him from getting another job but no doubt he will, the bent cunt.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Watched the last 5 mins of their loss to Brizzle, they were totally bereft of ideas and looked happy just to pass it around the back and not even bother trying to score.

Hope they get the Heck!!
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:42 pm

I know you’re all kidding about Warnock coming back but from what I’ve been reading from Yeboah, I would imagine that Warnock would be exactly the type of manager he’d genuinely like.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:I would imagine that Warnock would be exactly the type of manager he’d genuinely like.

... for the same reason we all hope Solskjaer stays at scum for the next decade

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:I know you’re all kidding about Warnock coming back but from what I’ve been reading from Yeboah, I would imagine that Warnock would be exactly the type of manager he’d genuinely like.

Figures. Kudos for continuing to indulge the evidential record.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:33 pm

The Cardiff Chairman is quoted looking for "an offensive type" of manager. More offensive than Colin?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:The Cardiff Chairman is quoted looking for "an offensive type" of manager. More offensive than Colin?

Perhaps he'll offer to fly the candidate there in a small plane...

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:I know you’re all kidding about Warnock coming back but from what I’ve been reading from Yeboah, I would imagine that Warnock would be exactly the type of manager he’d genuinely like.

I think without saying it , he has hinted at some sort of admiration for Warnock from what I remember . For me , with him and Bates at the helm together briefly and the players they bought in it was probably the most disillusioned time I have ever had as a Leeds supporter . There have been bad times but I can't remember it as bad as that - dire football and dull management without apparent interest in furthering the club in any way .
It may be that under different ownership Warnock could have done a better job , but its what he actually did that I will remember . That said I don't believe you can properly judge any manager under the Bates regime as they were all severely hampered by the old git .

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Clacton white wrote:

I think without saying it , he has hinted at some sort of admiration for Warnock from what I remember . For me , with him and Bates at the helm together briefly and the players they bought in it was probably the most disillusioned time I have ever had as a Leeds supporter . There have been bad times but I can't remember it as bad as that - dire football and dull management without apparent interest in furthering the club in any way .
It may be that under different ownership Warnock could have done a better job , but its what he actually did that I will remember . That said I don't believe you can properly judge any manager under the Bates regime as they were all severely hampered by the old git .

The only time a Warnock side approached anything close to entertaining was during his time at QPR, when they played some decent stuff having flouted the FFP rules to bring in their best players.

Return to “The Square Ball”