The BAROMETER

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Wakefield White

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Wakefield White » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:02 pm

Have to say I have some sympathy for city... or rather I think the rules are a bit shit.

I’m all for the prevention of cunts like risdale ‘living the dream’ on store cards and pay day loans but if some rich business man wants to splash cash as investment why should that be a problem? As long as they put it in as cash and not as a loan I don’t see any problem.

The rules as they stand suit the very biggest clubs and that doesn’t feel right.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:04 pm

i don't much like FFP, but whilst it's here am very much in favour of its proper enforcement. if guilty of a seroius breach then i very much hope they get what they deserve.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:21 pm

Wakefield White wrote:Have to say I have some sympathy for city... or rather I think the rules are a bit shit.

I’m all for the prevention of cunts like risdale ‘living the dream’ on store cards and pay day loans but if some rich business man wants to splash cash as investment why should that be a problem? As long as they put it in as cash and not as a loan I don’t see any problem.

The rules as they stand suit the very biggest clubs and that doesn’t feel right.

This (ish)*.

the flying pig wrote:i don't much like FFP, but whilst it's here am very much in favour of its proper enforcement. if guilty of a seroius breach then i very much hope they get what they deserve.

And very much this.

*I'm in favour of fairy tale stuff like Jack Walker investing his fortune in his beloved Blackburn, building a truly great team and winning the league - less so the long decline afterwards. I think rich owners should have to put the cash in but also take a big leap further and ring fence a surplus to ensure all player contracts are covered until they expire, protecting the club should the owner get bored/go bust/die.

I'm also in favour of creating healthy competition, FFP in some form could potentially create that**. If left to the biggest clubs to decide on the rules/do what they want then it can lead to extremes such as in Scotland where the greed of Rangers & Celtic starved everyone else to the detriment of the league, which IMO is a big factor in why Rangers went bust and why Celtic are looking at 9 straight titles - where's the fun in that?

**I'd favour a system tied to wage capping of some form or another, eg: Whatever is the minimum between 100% club turnover and 70% of division average turnover (allowing smaller clubs to speculate a little to boost their own turnover and encouraging clubs to spend more on transfers locally than abroad to effectively boost their own budget vs CL competitors). I''m aware this is massively flawed in many ways, not least because of the potential to have big sponsorship deals and players paid indirectly. I've not really thought this through but some sort of coefficient relating to the wealth of the domestic league coupled with individual club financial health.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:34 pm

Random thoughts: historically, the fact that Barca and Real were / are bordering on council-funded suggests a bit of unevenness here, no?

What of PSG then? Are they going the same way?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Good to see that Cess can be beaten. And the boy Haaland will be heading somewhere for £100m+ before long.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:01 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:They'll appeal and the ban will be reduced to 12 months.

Yep.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:27 pm

The boy can run too!

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:38 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:The boy can run too!

Kinnell!
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:27 am

Spuds v RBL match was interesting.
First half, RBL were very good. Spent a lot of the first 45 admiring how they switched formations, mostly depending on whether they had the ball or not, from 3-4-3 to 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 to 3-4-1-2. Amazing to watch, as they all seemed to know exactly when each was required.
Made Spuds look v pedestrian.
Second half, though, when Jose switched to 4-4-fucking-2, RBL weren't so hot. They still had some great chances - missed a real sitter at one point to make it two - but Spuds might have nicked an equaliser near the end when Lucas Moura headed over.
Would love to see Bielsa taking on teams at this level.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:30 am

By the way, Musta, what's occurring here - this below nicked from some cunt on Waccoe [to save me the bother]:

They have been allowed to make an emergency signing outside of the window because Dembele is out for more than 5 months.
They were allowed to sign a Free Agent or someone already playing in Spain.
They have signed the Ex Boro player Martin Braithwaite for £15m from Leganes after meeting his release clause.
Leganes are in the relegation zone 2 points from safety, Braithwaite was their top scorer.
They are not allowed to sign anyone to replace him.

All true?

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:00 pm

dirty leeds wrote:By the way, Musta, what's occurring here - this below nicked from some cunt on Waccoe [to save me the bother]:

They have been allowed to make an emergency signing outside of the window because Dembele is out for more than 5 months.
They have signed the Ex Boro player Martin Braithwaite for £15m from Leganes after meeting his release clause.
Leganes are in the relegation zone 2 points from safety, Braithwaite was their top scorer.

All true?

Fuck knows.
Probably, tough on Leganes if it's true.
Braithwaite has been pretty decent so far.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:08 pm

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:51 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Good to see that Cess can be beaten. And the boy Haaland will be heading somewhere for £100m+ before long.

Hope he does at least a full season at Dortmund. Suspect he will do.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:00 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Good to see that Cess can be beaten. And the boy Haaland will be heading somewhere for £100m+ before long.

Sounds as though his management team (lead by his dad) are pretty switched on and want him to develop. He does have a release clause in his contract also not sure how that would work.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:07 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:By the way, Musta, what's occurring here - this below nicked from some cunt on Waccoe [to save me the bother]:

All true?

Fuck knows.
Probably, tough on Leganes if it's true.
Braithwaite has been pretty decent so far.

All true from what I've read. He can't play in the Champs League for Barca though, so that's al right.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:20 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Sounds as though his management team (lead by his dad) are pretty switched on and want him to develop. He does have a release clause in his contract also not sure how that would work.

i think he's really raw still, not really the full package in terms of centre forward play, but at that age, bits of good technique, 6'4", really quick, very good left foot, he's got a great chance.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:55 pm

the obvious thing to say is that they should have called him Leeds, a la Brooklyn Beckham. there was a kid in my class at school [in harrogate] who had it as a middle name.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:15 pm

Just watching a bit of the second half of the Bruges v Man U game in the Europa. Man U's passing is fucking appalling - way worse than we are used to from our lads.

Return to “The Square Ball”