The BAROMETER

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Clacton white

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Clacton white » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:12 pm

Arnieb wrote:This year's Champs league has been brilliant - all it needed was a decent final (say 2-1 with a bit of intrigue) to be one of the best ever. Instead we had 90 mins of absolute total dross. I feared for the game when Liverpool scored 1st as I never fancied the spuds to chase the game.

Barca / Ajax would have been a better game .

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:33 am

This is ace:

And this is what it's about: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49040717

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:50 am

Thanks for that :lol: :lol:

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:56 am

point of order. that's not 'the barometer' that's the europa league from which killie have departed.

which begs the question, if the champions league is 'the barometer', what is the europa league? the thermometer?
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:12 am

Quiffy wrote:point of order. that's not 'the barometer' that's the europa league from which killie have departed.

which begs the question, if the champions league is 'the barometer', what is the europa league? the thermometer?

Yeah, I know, mate. Just wanted to find the nearest appropriate place and couldn't be arsed to start a new thread. Can't say the Europa League interests me like the old UEFA cup did. I guess it might if we ever qualify.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:14 am

Eddies Boots wrote:Thanks for that :lol: :lol:

"Belt up fir Belgrade, an' ever-thin!" :lol:

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:43 am

dirty leeds wrote:
Quiffy wrote:point of order. that's not 'the barometer' that's the europa league from which killie have departed.

Yeah, I know, mate. Just wanted to find the nearest appropriate place and couldn't be arsed to start a new thread. Can't say the Europa League interests me like the old UEFA cup did. I guess it might if we ever qualify.

if we ever qualified i think the thread discipline dilemma would no longer be an issue. until then i fully respect the thread discipline. :mrgreen:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:12 pm

dirty leeds wrote:

I thought it was 'booked up for', but OK.

There's something utterly brilliant about the Scottish accent on the verge of hysteria.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:33 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

I thought it was 'booked up for', but OK.

There's something utterly brilliant about the Scottish accent on the verge of hysteria.

Hah, yeah, coulda been. I kinda hoped it was his pronunciation of 'built' because it just had the ring of crushed dreams about it.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:05 am

Fat Fuck is off to a good start!
Andymac

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:32 am

I see Gareth Bale's 1m per week transfer to some Chinese outfit has fallen through.
Apparently he's so upset he's unable to play for Madrid and will sit in the stands for a paltry 650m for the next three years.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:35 am

:lol: Zidane doesn't want him and they blocked his move - think he should get a more comfy seat installed

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:38 am

Mustafaster wrote:I see Gareth Bale's 1m per week transfer to some Chinese outfit has fallen through.
Apparently he's so upset he's unable to play for Madrid and will sit in the stands for a paltry 650m for the next three years.

To be honest after they pulled the plug I don't blame him.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Ponte wrote:To be honest after they pulled the plug I don't blame him.

Their president blocked the move because they werent getting a transfer fee due to the 100% tax Chinese clubs have to pay on the same. Guess it's a risk worth taking if they think they might get 50M+ from a European club for him..

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Silly cunt should play in a proper league anyway. Germany, Italy and/or the Premiership would all want him [depending on price]. He's got enough fucking money not to be greedy for £1m a week. Could play as our number 10 and I wouldn't object.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:27 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Silly cunt should play in a proper league anyway. Germany, Italy and/or the Premiership would all want him [depending on price]. He's got enough fucking money not to be greedy for £1m a week. Could play as our number 10 and I wouldn't object.

Yeah, I dunno. Whilst I'm sure he'd much rather take a medium sized pay cut (from his current half mill a year or whatever it is) to go to a top BAROMETER club, inbetween his injury record and RM's desire for both a fee and total freedom from his contract, his other options may not be all that great.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:39 pm

the flying pig wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Silly cunt should play in a proper league anyway. Germany, Italy and/or the Premiership would all want him [depending on price]. He's got enough fucking money not to be greedy for £1m a week. Could play as our number 10 and I wouldn't object.

Yeah, I dunno. Whilst I'm sure he'd much rather take a medium sized pay cut (from his current half mill a year or whatever it is) to go to a top BAROMETER club, inbetween his injury record and RM's desire for both a fee and total freedom from his contract, his other options may not be all that great.

Yeah. He's very poor value for money.
Plays half a season if you're lucky.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:09 pm

You of all people should know how ego interferes with logic, what with you hobnobbing with superstars n’all.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:17 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
the flying pig wrote:

Yeah. He's very poor value for money.
Plays half a season if you're lucky.

Yeah... I mean, you'd realistically need to view him as a guy who's going to be used in a rotation system, who'll play when he can but can't at all be counted on. A medium sized club is unlikely to want to push the boat out financially for someone like that, make him a marquee signing or whatever.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

The BAROMETER

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:04 pm

Spurs. Ouch!

Return to “The Square Ball”