O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Wakefield White

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Wakefield White » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:11 am

jackos wrote:GOD BLESS THE NHS. Happy Birthday. May you live forever.

Fuck all who would bring you down

:salute:
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 am

Did like the joke that the Tories wearing anniversary badges are celebrating 70 years since they voted against its formation.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:49 pm

3 score years and ten. total respect for all those who work for this national institution. :salute:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:55 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:56 pm

WRT troubled offspring, a couple of observations:

1. Within the NHS: GPs, the MH trust and an MH service provider, she's either been pushed from pillar to post or ignored, mainly due to a lack of resources. It's only down to the extreme bloody minded doggedness of Mrs O that things have moved forward. But you can hardly expect someone who's ill to be their own best advocate.

2. The private therapist has been making quite decent progress. She's now quite self-aware around her issues and can talk about what got her to where she was and how to move on - and that's only three £50 sessions.

Thing I find upsetting is that here's a kid, broken, and to be crudely blunt a potential taxpayer, who has been made less broken quite easily and quickly given access to the right resources. It pains me to think that anyone in a similar position, but without direct personal support and a degree of wealth, could effectively be thrown on the scrapheap. It's not right.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:36 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:WRT troubled offspring, a couple of observations:

1. Within the NHS: GPs, the MH trust and an MH service provider, she's either been pushed from pillar to post or ignored, mainly due to a lack of resources. It's only down to the extreme bloody minded doggedness of Mrs O that things have moved forward. But you can hardly expect someone who's ill to be their own best advocate.

2. The private therapist has been making quite decent progress. She's now quite self-aware around her issues and can talk about what got her to where she was and how to move on - and that's only three £50 sessions.

Thing I find upsetting is that here's a kid, broken, and to be crudely blunt a potential taxpayer, who has been made less broken quite easily and quickly given access to the right resources. It pains me to think that anyone in a similar position, but without direct personal support and a degree of wealth, could effectively be thrown on the scrapheap. It's not right.

Very glad to hear she's making progress. Great news.
Yeah, everything you say about public mental health services is true. Had some experience of it a number of years back with a family member.
Psychiatry has come on by leaps and bounds in the last decade or so.CBT especially is a wonderful thing.
But it takes time and a lot of individual attention, which is of course expensive.
But a lot cheaper than allowing problems to become chronic.
It's money very well spent.
Keep us informed of her progress Eric.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:18 pm

MIL in hospital since late last night. She’s not been well, GP did some blood tests and she went straight in when they came back. They’ve found a mass in her stomach and she’s had a scan but she’s been in all day today and staying til tomorrow because the consultant hasn’t been available to look at the scan. So you have a patient bed-blocking, with all that entails, because there aren’t enough consultants. Madness.

Return to “The Square Ball”