O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Been watching ahead a bit with that new 'Trust' thing, about the Gettys. It's ace. Donald Sutherland is amazing as Getty Snr., Hilary Swank is really good as the daughter/mum to the grandkid [Harris Dickinson, also brilliant], and [surprisingly] former Tarzan, Brendan Fraser, is fucking great as the Texan private security in the big hat.
About four episodes in and it's been excellent. All 10 are available in iPlayer now.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:10 am

Don’t think it’s been mentioned but the Man City ‘All Or Nothing’ series on Amazon is great.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 am

It’s alright. Would be better if it was slightly less polished and contained a few more elements of jeopardy - as per the ubiquitous 90s football docs (England 93, Sunderland, Peterborough etc). City are just a bit too good to be interesting
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 pm

killing eve is worth a watch.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:05 pm

Quiffy wrote:killing eve is worth a watch.

First one definitely piqued us interest.

In other news, The Bodyguard is just getting a bit silly now.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:09 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Been watching ahead a bit with that new 'Trust' thing, about the Gettys. It's ace. Donald Sutherland is amazing as Getty Snr., Hilary Swank is really good as the daughter/mum to the grandkid [Harris Dickinson, also brilliant], and [surprisingly] former Tarzan, Brendan Fraser, is fucking great as the Texan private security in the big hat.
About four episodes in and it's been excellent. All 10 are available in iPlayer now.

Just tried one episode and I’m not quite sold. Direction is a bit mannered / hyper. Will persist for a bit yet tho.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 pm

Just catching up with Killing Eve, slowly. Looks great so far, as on the tin :thumbl:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:12 am

Killing Eve - just watched the first two last night. Like all the people in it but wholly unconvinced by the lunatic killer. I don't mean her acting, I mean the practicalities of what she does and how she does it and - officially - is seen as so brilliant at her job that nobody much knows she exists/who she is/can catch her. She just doesn't seem careful enough for that.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:44 am

That's a carefully considered point that puts my comment on Ep1 to shame: all I was going to say was that the "small-breasted" description made me say out loud "Really? Small? They're not small..." which apparently was something I wasn't supposed to have noticed at that point.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:33 pm

Incidentally, that Trust thing is co-written by Chumbawamba's Alice Nutter.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Daniel Sloss - Jock comedian on Netflix 2 shows. If you like a dark, fucked up sense of humour, this will be right up your street

lad was writing for Frankie Boyle at 16

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:29 pm

He’s a fucking arse*.
And his mums even worse*.
But I’ll tell him you approve.

* they’re not. They’re fucking awesome. Annoyingly so.
I like it. What is it?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Blackwhite wrote:That's a carefully considered point that puts my comment on Ep1 to shame: all I was going to say was that the "small-breasted" description made me say out loud "Really? Small? They're not small..." which apparently was something I wasn't supposed to have noticed at that point.

I just received the same bollocking :mrgreen:

Edit: actually thinking about her breasts a bit, she had that black bra thing strapping them down at the beginning after the Vienna job.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Ponte wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:That's a carefully considered point that puts my comment on Ep1 to shame: all I was going to say was that the "small-breasted" description made me say out loud "Really? Small? They're not small..." which apparently was something I wasn't supposed to have noticed at that point.

I just received the same bollocking :mrgreen:

Edit: actually thinking about her breasts a bit, she had that black bra thing strapping them down at the beginning after the Vienna job.

yeah, she knew that the main witness was a bap fan, hence her wearing that corset bra to hide her assets and keep her identity private knowing the description provided would be misleading.

it is genuinely funny in parts and there was something else i was going to type, but .....(tits) .... oh yeah, the music's really good.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:25 pm

That explains it, thanks P & Q.

The Tit-Wankers Brain's Trust :mrgreen:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:11 am

dirty leeds wrote:Killing Eve - just watched the first two last night. Like all the people in it but wholly unconvinced by the lunatic killer. I don't mean her acting, I mean the practicalities of what she does and how she does it and - officially - is seen as so brilliant at her job that nobody much knows she exists/who she is/can catch her. She just doesn't seem careful enough for that.

There’s something slightly meta about Killing Eve in the sense that the plot is self-evidently ludicrous on a number of levels, but it doesn’t seem to matter; sort of like Villanelle and Eve know their characters are ridiculous. I’m enjoying it.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:38 am

Yeah, me too in a sort of 'couldn't really care less' way. Watched a couple more last night.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Have any of you caught the Aussie comedy: "No Activity"

I actually think it might be the funniest thing I've ever seen. No really

I think it's on really late on a Thursday night on the Beeb. Another thing in it's favour is that Mrs OEE doesn't get it at all (like with Bryden/Coogan's The Trip)

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Have any of you caught the Aussie comedy: "No Activity"

I actually think it might be the funniest thing I've ever seen. No really

I think it's on really late on a Thursday night on the Beeb. Another thing in it's favour is that Mrs OEE doesn't get it at all (like with Bryden/Coogan's The Trip)

Are you sure it’s Aussie? They aren’t really known for being funny :scratch:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:10 pm

Bodyguard ending was absolute incoherent horseshit.

Return to “The Square Ball”