New Leeds Home Kit - Fucking Disgusting!!

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Oheddieeddie

Re: New Leeds Home Kit - Fucking Disgusting!!

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:35 pm

jackos wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:
Not a shirt buyer normally but I'd buy one of them.

I have quiet a lot of the Kappa shirts with no sponsor that I wear when I go running. Brought one full price, and 4-5 for 10 quid a pop during the clearance. I will definitely get one this season for myself, my youngest already has the keepers kit, and my daughter has the away shirt on it's way. I won't buy one for myself until I've seen them all, but if I had to choose today itd be the white version. I'd pay 100 quid for the right centenary shirt without a sponsor.

100 smacks?

Jackos doing his bit to help the clubs FFP balance there.

Last kit I (had) bought was the RF Winder yellow and blue pinstripe job. I don't think there was the option to have names on the back but of course it would have been Gray.E

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:34 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
100 smacks?

Jackos doing his bit to help the clubs FFP balance there.

Last kit I (had) bought was the RF Winder yellow and blue pinstripe job. I don't think there was the option to have names on the back but of course it would have been Gray.E

The pink and gray kit I ordered for my daughter cost nearly 100 quid and she'll probably wear it less than ten times, I'll likely be buried in mine if they do a decent job so, I'd rather not have 32Red on it..

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 pm

Angus interview on Talking Shutt 'there will be a centenary kit that will be worn for the Birmingham home game, closest game to the actual date. It will be worn for this game only then replicas will go on sale. Ooooh
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:35 am

Anyone got any indications as to how the centenary kit will look? I saw something on Twitter of the team posing for a team photo in an all white number, but it didn’t seem to have any badge on it.
#MOT #GAWA

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:03 pm

thestraw wrote:Anyone got any indications as to how the centenary kit will look? I saw something on Twitter of the team posing for a team photo in an all white number, but it didn’t seem to have any badge on it.

Dunno but they will make a killing if they get this right.

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Not sure an all white will reflect the centenary as much as it does our halcyon days
½ and ½, maybe, a la Leeds City? Blue (or black) and white stripes as worn in the earliest seasons?

Whatever they do, it had better have The Badge of the last one hundred years... :) (as it were)
I like it. What is it?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:29 pm

Devi wrote:Not sure an all white will reflect the centenary as much as it does our halcyon days
½ and ½, maybe, a la Leeds City? Blue (or black) and white stripes as worn in the earliest seasons?

Whatever they do, it had better have The Badge of the last one hundred years... :) (as it were)

Badge either has to to be the current centenary one or the original one. Surely.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Ponte wrote:
Devi wrote:Not sure an all white will reflect the centenary as much as it does our halcyon days

Badge either has to to be the current centenary one or the original one. Surely.

It'll be the current one.

They won't have gone to all that trouble with such an original design not to use it here.

[/sarcasm]
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:34 pm

It would be nice if it had no advertising and all the old badges on, maybe in a ring around the bottom. I’m sure design bod could make it work.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Tycipa wrote:It would be nice if it had no advertising and all the old badges on, maybe in a ring around the bottom. I’m sure design bod could make it work.

Well they’d better make it look better than it sounds
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:38 pm

Ponte wrote:
Tycipa wrote:It would be nice if it had no advertising and all the old badges on, maybe in a ring around the bottom. I’m sure design bod could make it work.

Well they’d better make it look better than it sounds

:mrgreen: I refer you my good sir to the wording of this thread.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:40 am

Any news? #bitearlymaybe
I like it. What is it?

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:49 pm

Devi wrote:Any news? #bitearlymaybe

My guess would be the week of the game as they ain't selling it till after???

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:48 am

It shouldn’t have any link to Leeds City - different club and before the centenary
#MOT #GAWA

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:49 am

It should be all white, and it better have a fucking badge on it
#MOT #GAWA

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:54 am

Fair point

Four letters might suffice, over a badge?
I like it. What is it?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:20 am

thestraw wrote:

It shouldn’t have any link to Leeds City - different club and before the centenary

i'm sure that's right, e.g. manyoo did a green/yellow shirt in the early PL days to mark 100 yrs since newton heath formed then something else in the 00s to mark 100 yrs since the namechange to scum.

but yellow/blue would have as LU historic resonance as LC.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Leeds_U ... United.htm

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Leeds_C ... s_City.htm

ChinaWhite

Postby ChinaWhite » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:28 pm

Well, the email I just received from the club promoting Bremner 11 pin badge set also includes the 100 years gift sets, pens and scarf and they all have a blue/gold theme to them. I have a feeling we might see a blue and gold quartered or halved kit like we had in the 30s from TFPs link above.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:40 pm

ChinaWhite wrote:Well, the email I just received from the club promoting Bremner 11 pin badge set also includes the 100 years gift sets, pens and scarf and they all have a blue/gold theme to them. I have a feeling we might see a blue and gold quartered or halved kit like we had in the 30s from TFPs link above.

Well, I fucking loved the Packard Bell one in the 90s
Hmmm.

ChinaWhite

Postby ChinaWhite » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:49 pm

Ponte wrote:
ChinaWhite wrote:Well, the email I just received from the club promoting Bremner 11 pin badge set also includes the 100 years gift sets, pens and scarf and they all have a blue/gold theme to them. I have a feeling we might see a blue and gold quartered or halved kit like we had in the 30s from TFPs link above.

Well, I fucking loved the Packard Bell one in the 90s

Me too. Though for some reason it always makes me think of Gunnar Halle. Did he have his shirt ripped in a game we beat Derby 5-0 or something?

Return to “The Square Ball”