New Leeds Home Kit - Fucking Disgusting!!

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: New Leeds Home Kit - Fucking Disgusting!!

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:46 pm

jackos wrote:Without wanting to appear like a traditional chauvinist, I wonder how many of these were brought by/for adult men for themselves?

I’m kind of amused by the notion that adult men could ever address ideas around self-awareness and thinking they look ok in the most conservatively coloured football shirts, especially the XXXL ones.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:15 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Real men wear pink these days, you owd fogies must have missed the memo

Real men wore pink in the 80’s old chap. We flew the flag whilst you were still at your mothers breast. Impertinent pipsqueak.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:28 am

Phil LUFC wrote:I bet we see about as many adults starting that as the home shirt next weekend. It's definitely achieved "Marmite" status, much like the black/neon did.

Still not a centenary kit though.

My daughter loves the kit, and Marmite, she stunned me by asking for the shorts as well, I am fairly certain she’ll wear them more often than the shirt. I love marmite, I thought the kit was okay when I first saw it, definitely not a centenary kit, not even close, I don’t hate it, I just don’t think it’s a Leeds kit. Hope we only wear it a couple of times, and I can hear those games on the radio, unlikely I know since we’ll be wearing it this avo ..

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:16 pm

AndyPaul wrote:I'd expect it being a big hit with the kids, not so much the adults

Yep it's a commercial success according to Angus.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:34 am

2 new traditional/heritage shirts to come sounds promising
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:42 am

LSD&2Es wrote:2 new traditional/heritage shirts to come sounds promising

The normal shirts are 50 so what do we think for these? 60-70 quid?

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:07 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:2 new traditional/heritage shirts to come sounds promising

Surprised we don't see this more often. It's not uncommon in rugby for teams to have 5/6 shirts a season.

Musson Grumble

Postby Musson Grumble » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Heritage shirts, will they carry the hanging sheep city logo, do you think, or the updated Wilko shield just in faded/faux text or print?
The 1934-38 shirts, in the old gold and blue quartered combination with opposing coloured collars, and the hanging sheep badge on white background is superb.
Reproduced in modern fabrics, would, I think make it a winner.
At least let's hope they don't reprise the 1919-20 Dogbotherers style we first used.
Eat more English celery.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:18 pm

What about a badgeless design? Proper 1919 bizniz. But barcode? Naah.

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Musson Grumble wrote:Heritage shirts, will they carry the hanging sheep city logo, do you think, or the updated Wilko shield just in faded/faux text or print?
The 1934-38 shirts, in the old gold and blue quartered combination with opposing coloured collars, and the hanging sheep badge on white background is superb.
At least let's hope they don't reprise the 1919-20 Dogbotherers style we first used.

Yeah, an updated version of the quartered shirt would be ace.
Not a shirt buyer normally but I'd buy one of them.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
Musson Grumble wrote:Heritage shirts, will they carry the hanging sheep city logo, do you think, or the updated Wilko shield just in faded/faux text or print?

Yeah, an updated version of the quartered shirt would be ace.

Halves rather than quarters, given we wore that for 15 years or so. Have we done quarters? Not when yellow/blue were the home colours?

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:05 pm

There's only one suitable badge...

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:13 pm

That's the one I have. It's halves, not quarters - if you are talking about the one with the front being divided in half and the back also being divided in half - which is normally what's meant by halves.
I look like a God in it, as you might expect.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:33 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
That's the one I have. It's halves, not quarters - if you are talking about the one with the front being divided in half and the back also being divided in half - which is normally what's meant by halves.

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:58 pm

How did I not know our first ever kit was Newcastle?
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

:mrgreen:

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Mustafaster wrote:

I have quiet a lot of the Kappa shirts with no sponsor that I wear when I go running. Brought one full price, and 4-5 for 10 quid a pop during the clearance. I will definitely get one this season for myself, my youngest already has the keepers kit, and my daughter has the away shirt on it's way. I won't buy one for myself until I've seen them all, but if I had to choose today itd be the white version. I'd pay 100 quid for the right centenary shirt without a sponsor.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:31 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:How did I not know our first ever kit was Newcastle?

No-one knew before this summer and the ultimate source is a black and white photo so hardly conclusive, just looks darker stripes than photos from the same paper a few months later. Desperately hope our Juve loving owner doesn't consider it enough to have a black and white striped centenary kit only for evidence to emerge we never actually wore black and white in 1919.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:53 am

Pink could have been different. :-)

Return to “The Square Ball”