Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Not so much on watch, but an anniversary worth celebrating. And we missed it.

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:14 pm

Love every word of this.

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:20 am

increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:53 pm

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:59 am

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:01 pm

:cheers: :salute: :thumbl:

Ring that bell and be happy, Dom.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri May 08, 2020 4:52 pm

Really enjoyed today's YouTube replay of the Bristol Rovers game with Beckford, Hughes and Parker. Nothing too revolutionary but interesting to hear Hughesy in full coaching mode throughout, currently with Sheff Utd U23s, hope there's a role at Leeds for him one day.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri May 08, 2020 5:59 pm

Jermaine was more insightful and articulate than I guess I expected.
HM Collector Of Parcels

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat May 09, 2020 5:41 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Jermaine was more insightful and articulate than I guess I expected.

He's been a pundit a few times and really has surprised me how not shit he was. Not saying he was great but definitely above Michael Owen anyways

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Sat May 09, 2020 7:36 am

AndyPaul wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Jermaine was more insightful and articulate than I guess I expected.

He's been a pundit a few times and really has surprised me how not shit he was. Not saying he was great but definitely above Michael Owen anyways

And a lot better than Ben Parker!

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Tue May 12, 2020 6:59 pm

Some good news, (should have kept him and never bought Forshaw)

For every step,the footprint was already there.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue May 12, 2020 7:15 pm

Every one of these makes me happy. Cheers.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed May 13, 2020 7:31 pm

Everton v Leeds, Oct 99 edition, about to kick off on Youtube:

EDIT: Kicked off a long while ago but my PC started from the beginning when I opened the link.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri May 22, 2020 7:56 pm

i was always a bit of a sucker for robbie blake, he could play. this is interesting about his time for leeds..
Former Leeds United striker Robbie Blake has opened up on what it was like to play for Dennis Wise during that disastrous relegation season of 2006/07.

Wise took over from Kevin Blackwell in late October of 2006 and what followed was a disaster with the club dropping down to the third tier for the first time in their history, finishing bottom with just 36 points after a 10-point deduction ahead of the final game for going into administration.

Though, the points deduction proved immaterial with Leeds finding 13 points from safety after a hugely disappointing campaign.

And that stemmed from the man in charge, according to former striker Blake, who wasn't impressed by Wise"How does a team that doesn't lose any players make the playoff final and the next year get relegated?" he questioned on the Undr the Cosh podcast.

"It doesn't mean to say you can finish in the top six, but you don't get relegated, surely?

I remember we played Colchester in the League Cup in front of maybe 6,000 fans, first or second round and he come around from the far side the main stand to the dugout and you could hear all the Leeds fans singing 'we hate the Chelsea scum', and I thought, 'he's got no chance'

"If there is 6,000 in the ground when there are 28,000 in the ground, you have got no chance."

Blake, who spent two years at Elland Road, has his own regrets about his time at the club, but he does put some blame on the then manager.

"I was s*** really for Leeds, but it was because the manager was rubbish," he added.

You can't tell me that I've gone from playing for Leeds when I hardly played, and I went to Burnley and I was bang up and running, straight on

"He was rubbish and I was...I wasn't rubbish, but not as good as I would have liked and I was still liked but it was a regret because I could have been miles better.

"He had me playing wide right-right-back really. We could never keep the ball so we couldn't get upfield.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon May 25, 2020 11:10 am

This'll kill a few minutes. I got 37/45 and gave up after 4 of the 10 minutes because I'd covered everything within my years watching the club. If I'd really thought about it I could maybe have got 2 more.
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/trivia ... K_dp3Cj3e8

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Mon May 25, 2020 11:41 am

Quiffy wrote:i was always a bit of a sucker for robbie blake, he could play. this is interesting about his time for leeds..
Former Leeds United striker Robbie Blake has opened up on what it was like to play for Dennis Wise during that disastrous relegation season of 2006/07.

Wise took over from Kevin Blackwell in late October of 2006 and what followed was a disaster with the club dropping down to the third tier for the first time in their history, finishing bottom with just 36 points after a 10-point deduction ahead of the final game for going into administration.

Though, the points deduction proved immaterial with Leeds finding 13 points from safety after a hugely disappointing campaign.

And that stemmed from the man in charge, according to former striker Blake, who wasn't impressed by Wise"How does a team that doesn't lose any players make the playoff final and the next year get relegated?" he questioned on the Undr the Cosh podcast.

"It doesn't mean to say you can finish in the top six, but you don't get relegated, surely?

I remember we played Colchester in the League Cup in front of maybe 6,000 fans, first or second round and he come around from the far side the main stand to the dugout and you could hear all the Leeds fans singing 'we hate the Chelsea scum', and I thought, 'he's got no chance'

"If there is 6,000 in the ground when there are 28,000 in the ground, you have got no chance."

Blake, who spent two years at Elland Road, has his own regrets about his time at the club, but he does put some blame on the then manager.

"I was s*** really for Leeds, but it was because the manager was rubbish," he added.

You can't tell me that I've gone from playing for Leeds when I hardly played, and I went to Burnley and I was bang up and running, straight on

"He was rubbish and I was...I wasn't rubbish, but not as good as I would have liked and I was still liked but it was a regret because I could have been miles better.

"He had me playing wide right-right-back really. We could never keep the ball so we couldn't get upfield.

I think Blake's being a bit harsh on himself there. Always looked decent when picked, I thought (in the context of the players around him).

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Mon May 25, 2020 11:53 am

Phil LUFC wrote:This'll kill a few minutes. I got 37/45 and gave up after 4 of the 10 minutes because I'd covered everything within my years watching the club. If I'd really thought about it I could maybe have got 2 more.

I got all but one for the 30 years I’ve been following. I put not been able to remember 2014/2015 down to memory repression.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon May 25, 2020 12:48 pm

Yeah Robbie Blake wasn't too bad for us. Best of a bad bunch anyways

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon May 25, 2020 1:09 pm

AndyPaul wrote:Yeah Robbie Blake wasn't too bad for us. Best of a bad bunch anyways

Quite liked Hulse Hulse meself.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon May 25, 2020 1:36 pm

Wakefield White wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:This'll kill a few minutes. I got 37/45 and gave up after 4 of the 10 minutes because I'd covered everything within my years watching the club. If I'd really thought about it I could maybe have got 2 more.

I got all but one for the 30 years I’ve been following. I put not been able to remember 2014/2015 down to memory repression.

39/45. Got all of them for 85 onwards.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Return to “The Square Ball”