Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
AndyPaul

Re: Ex White watch

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:18 am

Wakefield White wrote:
Tommy wrote:Yeah I have to confess that I’ve been having a good old think on the way home tonight. It seems as though it is mainly an issue for elderly people and that’s obviously a huge chunk of the government and civil service. Milan was indeed very strange today. I figured I might as well enjoy the novelty of the city being all but empty because if I’ve got it, I’ve got it and there’s no reason to be concerned beyond the obvious. At this point in time I’m fairly fit and healthy so I reckon my odds would be decent. It sounds daft but I’m at Luton airport now and wondering if I should go home or not. Whilst I’m in relatively fine fettle, I also live with a talented young writer/director who recently received a fair bit of acclaim for their first feature film and I do sometimes worry that they aren’t necessarily looking after themselves as much as they could do. If it’s based on the respiratory system they have a particular fondness for herbal recreation that presumably has some impact on the overall health of say, the lungs. I do actually feel a touch under the weather as it stands but that’s probably to be expected after a few days holiday. It would surely be an overabundance of caution to go and check oneself into a hospital right now on the basis of feeling a bit unwell but is it better to feel embarrassed about what is more likely to be bog standard hypochondria than it is to potentially infect other people of more consequence than I?

I guess tune in tomorrow to find out? If this does prove to be the end, I just want you all to know that I already have a brick in Bremner Square and I really, really hate all of your wives.

Unusually upbeat for you that Tommy, d’ya get laid on holiday or sommat?

First symptoms? Delirium? This isn't the Tommy we know and hate. Hope you make a full recovery for tomorrow night's Cyberkop.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:33 am

Tommy wrote:Yeah I have to confess that I’ve been having a good old think on the way home tonight. It seems as though it is mainly an issue for elderly people and that’s obviously a huge chunk of the government and civil service. Milan was indeed very strange today. I figured I might as well enjoy the novelty of the city being all but empty because if I’ve got it, I’ve got it and there’s no reason to be concerned beyond the obvious. At this point in time I’m fairly fit and healthy so I reckon my odds would be decent. It sounds daft but I’m at Luton airport now and wondering if I should go home or not. Whilst I’m in relatively fine fettle, I also live with a talented young writer/director who recently received a fair bit of acclaim for their first feature film and I do sometimes worry that they aren’t necessarily looking after themselves as much as they could do. If it’s based on the respiratory system they have a particular fondness for herbal recreation that presumably has some impact on the overall health of say, the lungs. I do actually feel a touch under the weather as it stands but that’s probably to be expected after a few days holiday. It would surely be an overabundance of caution to go and check oneself into a hospital right now on the basis of feeling a bit unwell but is it better to feel embarrassed about what is more likely to be bog standard hypochondria than it is to potentially infect other people of more consequence than I?

I guess tune in tomorrow to find out? If this does prove to be the end, I just want you all to know that I already have a brick in Bremner Square and I really, really hate all of your wives.

This should help you make up your mind: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51625733

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:54 am

And to think, the poor lad missed our promotion finale.

Tommy

Ex White watch

Postby Tommy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:15 am

I was contacted early on by my immediate head of department this morning and asked to ‘work from home’ (in a manner that basically read as ‘stay away from us’) but then soon after got an email from someone further up the chain of the civil service saying staff are still required to come in based on a guideline written several weeks ago. So I’m going in late, still feeling fairly tired and a bit unwell. I mean it probably is nothing but I also feel absolved of blame if I do have owt. Historically the ‘only following orders’ defence went really well right? Right!

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:18 am

R.I.P. m8.

JimbobMaloney

Postby JimbobMaloney » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:45 am

Can I have your ticket for the Fulham game?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:50 am

Best wash it first.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:44 am

Pretty obvious I would have thought. Tommy has been sent to Milan by his Sky TV paymasters with the aim on contracting Corona virus and then spreading it around Elland Road, As such our last few home games will be played behind closed doors, resulting in a series of home defeats and another episode of Leeds on Sky in the championship next year.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:38 pm

Since working at Sky Studios I've worked at The London Clinic (fancy private hospital), Ocado Technologies (AI and Robotics), JPMorganChase (US investment bank), the London Stock Exchange (as it suggests) and I now work at the Houses of Parliament. I'd actually quite enjoy someone working out how all of the above plays into keeping Leeds Utd down. It certainly seems plausible to me.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:01 pm

You fucked up my grocery order and my MP didn't give a shit when I told her. Does that count?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:12 am

Are you a cleaner Tommy ?
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:55 am

kennyb41 wrote:Are you a cleaner Tommy ?

Probably the cleanest he's ever been, what with all this washing for the virus.

Tommy

Ex White watch

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:07 pm

Can’t help but be quietly happy to see that Mowatt, Halme & Oduor all started again for Barnsley, who beat Hull City. The latter were without Wilks but did start Matty Penns at centre-half. If the same is true on Saturday I’m suddenly confident about our odds of getting a result against Hull. Can think of very few players in recent times that I’ve rated less than Pennington. Quite surprised to see he’s still plying his trade this high in the football league and indeed, is still running his contract down at Everton.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:47 pm

The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:30 pm

Rumours that Charlie Taylor could be playing Champions League football next season as a replacement for Ben Chilwell.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:05 am

Unbelievable triple save from Alex McCarthy today against the barcodes, and a penalty save too.

Superb and very underrated keeper, far better than Pickford who I put in the Joe Hart camp of being showy but poor at the basics

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Another impressive performance from Pennington yesterday.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:27 pm

the official twitter is running the full 1972 cup final tonight

i always harboured the thought old football was loads slower than modern football, now i'm not so sure. they may not be as fast as bielsa's dervishes but when they're playing on a decent bit of grass you can see what fine footballers they were.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:27 am

During these difficult times Spanish telly is putting on reruns of classic matches, t'other night the Spain v Malta game where Spain needed to score 12 to qualify for the World Cup.
Last night was the 1995 CWC Final between Arse and Zaragoza with the famous Nayim goal against Seaman in the final 10 seconds.

Gus Poyet, late of this parish, was the motor in that excellent side.
Player.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Munson

Postby Munson » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:04 am

Musta, did you really have to include the fat Danny Kelly, with a disgusting barnet, drooling over a plate of disgusting food...

Anyway, in other news...
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1 ... 4957e73b2b

Return to “The Square Ball”