Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Oheddieeddie

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:10 pm

jackos wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:After he left we did lose three games in a row. :scratch:

We did? Wasn't his last game QPR? We won the next three, then lost two after Christmas when key players were dead on their feet. Don't see any connection to Saiz leaving. He wasn't playing because he wasn't fit before QPR? (Probably due to his personal problems, or generally wanting to get back to Spain). Saiz was a fantastic player at his best, but I'm not sure Clarke would have had much chance of starting games if Sauz was still here.

The Saiz thing is academic I suppose, but I do think he would've helped against Hull

I'm all for Jack Clarke being in the squad, he's the most exciting prospect I've seen since Milner. I just don't want us to shag him like we did with Byram. If we do go up (shivers) I'd like Clarke nurtured to achieve his full potential. Right now without Saiz I think we're going to have to play him all the time

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote: If we do go up (shivers) I'd like Clarke nurtured to achieve his full potential.

If we want to keep him, Pontus, and Roofe we have to go up. We can worry about what happens later WHEN we get there.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Elsewhere, I see Mowatt has been getting rave reviews down at Barnsley of late - augmented today with a goal and two assists vs Bradford. Fair play to him :thumbl:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Reminds me of Eddie Gray. Not blindingly fast, but he has that combination of really great control and sudden change of pace and direction that's really hard to combat.
And the end product is there. He doesn't try to beat the same man twice, just makes a yard of space and gets the cross in PDQ.

What a prospect.

yeah. i was trying to describe it earlier to a friend and could only come up with like he's on skates. there's no friction. the lad's smooth.
i've been saying for a month or so he'll play for england. i stand by that.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:40 pm

One thing I will say is that that was only Clarke's first league start and the fixtures in January are at least well spaced out, even if they will be challenging. Given how well we played yesterday I'd be tempted to just stick with this team until we're forced to make a change. Harrison is starting to impact games again and Alioski has been legitimately good every time he's played at left-back this season. Yesterday he was arguably MOTM along with Forshaw and Clarke. If I'm totally honest Douglas has been a minor disappointment for me this season (not actually bad, just not particularly good either) so I wouldn't mind him missing the next few. That also increases the chance of Clarke starting, which to me seems like a no-brainer as long as we have a week between matches. It'd be brutally harsh to leave Phillips out but the old adage of not changing a winning team might apply if we continue to play like last night.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:41 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Just watched the first half from last night again.
It's on Daily Motion and is highly recommended. Defenders are just terrified of Clarke. Reminds me of Eddie Gray. Not blindingly fast, but he has that combination of really great control and sudden change of pace and direction that's really hard to combat.
And the end product is there. He doesn't try to beat the same man twice, just makes a yard of space and gets the cross in PDQ.

Yeah, this is the nub: his game isn't based on pace, and most of it will survive even after a serious injury. He's smart as fuck, and has skills. Terrifying.

I'd like to see Forshaw build from here, too. He can spray the ball when he wants to.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:00 am

Mowatt looks like he’s lost a few pounds, Bielsas regime would have sorted him out, shame
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:57 am

49 :( Na. Fuck that. Much too soon to go :(

JUST IN: Bafana Bafana legend Phil Masinga has passed away after a long illness. Masinga scored the crucial goal to send Bafana to the 1998 Fifa World Cup in France. He was 49 years old.

RIP Masinga

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:34 am

AndyPaul wrote:I’m still struggling to understand the hate for Saiz?

I struggle to understand the love for the cunt. Said before I respect his family issues but he didn't have to do a midnight flit and then pitch straight up at another place. Fuck him the gobbing cunt. I'm quite surprised Mr R gave him a free pass :scratch:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:53 am

Tommy wrote:One thing I will say is that that was only Clarke's first league start and the fixtures in January are at least well spaced out, even if they will be challenging. Given how well we played yesterday I'd be tempted to just stick with this team until we're forced to make a change. Harrison is starting to impact games again and Alioski has been legitimately good every time he's played at left-back this season. Yesterday he was arguably MOTM along with Forshaw and Clarke. If I'm totally honest Douglas has been a minor disappointment for me this season (not actually bad, just not particularly good either) so I wouldn't mind him missing the next few. That also increases the chance of Clarke starting, which to me seems like a no-brainer as long as we have a week between matches. It'd be brutally harsh to leave Phillips out but the old adage of not changing a winning team might apply if we continue to play like last night.

This^

Yes it could be considered brutal,but you create a fighting for places philosophy and when a TEAM turn out a win against Derby like they did no one deserves to be dropped.
It puts all in an equal place and competition for places becomes fierce,everybody is on their toes knowing they get rewarded when they cease their chance....and what an eager bench you have.......Forshaw will have to play out of his skin to keep Phillips at bay......It pissed me off about young Shacks losing out to the returning Ayling after putting in such good shows and that can leave a player despondent,hopefully with him it hasn't and that switch is easily explained,but Ayling is currently off his game and that should keep Shack snapping at his heels and eager,but he can be introduced anywhere and is streets ahead of Dallas.
The way that team gelled they looked like it was their 8th running game together,they continually played their way out of trouble all to their credit and excellent at the way they went about it,each and everyone of them worked their socks off for each other,I thought we were on a hiding to nothing but that game more than the Villa one,dare i say it,has got me thinking that we can do this automatically,but do not forget for all our fantastic dominating play and deserved 3pts we could've scored 5 but we didn't we got 2.....and what a fcking travesty it would have been to their performance if BPF didn't get away with that crazy coming out for the ball and one other flap and it had ended 2-2....Ok it didn't.
My next prayer will be answered if we get the Real Madrid keeper and we all can start to dream,and after Derby Saiz is nothing to this TEAM anymore and will not be missed because Loco's tactical brain,he is a fcking God,better than any of the Prem managers...... and we can take on barring the top six,any of the other Prem teams,
Next prayer,please fcking stay Loco because if you do we can go up and with minimum investment we can stay up and build.
NEVER IN MY LIFE SINCE THE 70'S HAVE I BEEN SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT MY BELOVED LEEDS................
Well,i got a bit excited early 90's and Champs semi...............but not for fcking yonks like this.
Oh and the magician has added millions to this team,how much for Phillips,Roofe,Cooper etc etc etc now????.............Let him sell them when he wishes and buy cheap.....coz this fcker can turn water into wine................He knew exactly what he was doing with Vieira/Saiz etc.... he has a fantastic eye (like me) and he knows what he can (Roofe/Phillips/Cooper/Berardi etc) and can't work with (O fcking Kane/Sacko Shyte etc)

:basket:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:09 am

And IF!.... like i'm hoping he has done.......been in the background readying the cavalry for the final push he is a fcking hero,Ok you can say it's injuries but just imagine now being able to rest a few legs ala Phillips Douglas etc whilst all the time getting every single member of the squad playing with the same mentality we could have a virtually new looking side with the likes of Izzy Bamford and the youth coming in,imagine....

Casillas...Berardi...Pearce...Halme...Shackleton...Davis...Clarke...Roberts...Izzy....Bamford and other under 23's....It's like their first game of the season and fresh legs,we don't need any outfield signings but add 1 or 2 of them and we're batting..........WE CAN AFFORD TO SWITCH AND ROTATE....NO FCKING BURN OUT!.....ALL PRAISE THE FCKING MESSIAH!!!

And me :basket:

AmarinderBedi

Postby AmarinderBedi » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:40 am

kennyb41 wrote:And IF!.... like i'm hoping he has done.......been in the background readying the cavalry for the final push he is a fcking hero,Ok you can say it's injuries but just imagine now being able to rest a few legs ala Phillips Douglas etc whilst all the time getting every single member of the squad playing with the same mentality we could have a virtually new looking side with the likes of Izzy Bamford and the youth coming in,imagine....

Casillas...Berardi...Pearce...Halme...Shackleton...Davis...Clarke...Roberts...Izzy....Bamford and other under 23's....It's like their first game of the season and fresh legs,we don't need any outfield signings but add 1 or 2 of them and we're batting..........WE CAN AFFORD TO SWITCH AND ROTATE....NO FCKING BURN OUT!.....ALL PRAISE THE FCKING MESSIAH!!!

Very much concur with these sentiments!

It occurs to me that in half a season, Bielsa has already become the most popular Leeds manager since Don and probably Wilkinson! But in half a season!!

What a coup bringing him to Leeds!!

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:20 pm

a good wilko article about tactics and motivation. worth a read.
https://www.coachesvoice.com/howard-wilkinson-first-division-leeds-united/

interesting bit at the bottom about him leaving leeds, apparently he heard of the grapevine that he was going to get the elbow in pre-season as george graham had been offered the job, the players had also heard this. he wasn't sacked until nearly a month into the new season.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

AmarinderBedi wrote:
kennyb41 wrote:And IF!.... like i'm hoping he has done.......been in the background readying the cavalry for the final push he is a fcking hero,Ok you can say it's injuries but just imagine now being able to rest a few legs ala Phillips Douglas etc whilst all the time getting every single member of the squad playing with the same mentality we could have a virtually new looking side with the likes of Izzy Bamford and the youth coming in,imagine....

It occurs to me that in half a season, Bielsa has already become the most popular Leeds manager since Don and probably Wilkinson! But in half a season!!

And don't forget O'Leary.

BC

Postby BC » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Wish I could.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:16 pm

AmarinderBedi wrote:

So do a lot of others AB but the gang mentality of some here means rather than admit it,they'll think.... "Ahh yes i hadn't thought of that and it's right,but instead of admitting the thick cunt thought of it first,i'll put my spin on it,reword it and spew it out like it's my own doings"...............Childish soft cunts,fcking shallow playground stuff.

I'll highlight when they do,you'll also see the likes of Hay regurgitating it. :mrgreen: lol.

:basket:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Just saw a clip of Dom Poleon missing a sitter for Crawley on local news. Looks like he may have enjoyed a not-inconsiderable number of burgers in recent years.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:11 pm

Shit, I assumed he actually was a burger by now.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:53 pm

i think he became mates with another ex white, tom elliott, during his season at afc wimbledon. i understood at the time that elliott at the time quite looked up to his team-mate Adebayo Akinfenwa and, i suspected at the time, had been joining him for a few nandos sessions. akinfenwa at his 'peak' weighed up to about 19st & had the diet of a pro strongman.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:46 pm

The ref who sent Milner off the other day used to teach him PE when he was in primary school.

Return to “The Square Ball”