Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Rob
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:59 am
Location: South Florida

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:33 am

Not sure if this is the correct thread.

The wretched, wretched black dog....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ge-17.html

User avatar
Still Hates Gordon Watson
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Ex White watch

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:38 pm

Hartey seems to have recovered from his walk last week to play in Liam Miller’s tribute game today, alongside Stephen McPhail and Robbie Keane. Sadly Smithy played for the Scum XI they were up against :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45637667

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:21 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:https://twitter.com/ironbru_net/status/1040970943697444865?s=19
Can't see any comments on what actually happened but stretchered off and there was a 7 minute stoppage while he got treatment.

CBJ made a miraculous recovery from this concussion and has tonight scored twice, scunny currently 4-3 up at home to Charlton.

User avatar
LSD&2Es
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Surrey

Re: Ex White watch

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:58 am

Just been for a hair cut and aparrently Simon Walton lives in the flat above my barbers!

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Quiffy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:30 pm

it was 30 years ago as tomorrow that wilko signed for leeds. (according to alan sutton on 'do you want to win')

30 years before that in november 1958 don revie signed as a player. (wiki)

i wonder if we've anyone else significant this time around?
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Ex White watch

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 am

McCormack sets up Bolt's first goal in pro football: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45834453

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Ex White watch

Postby the flying pig » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:24 pm

dirty leeds wrote:McCormack sets up Bolt's first goal in pro football: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45834453


i'm not sure what to think :?

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Ex White watch

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:03 pm

the flying pig wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:McCormack sets up Bolt's first goal in pro football: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45834453


i'm not sure what to think :?


I do. It’s shows the quality of Australian footy when that Usain Bolt with limited experience can score two albeit in a friendly. It’s also highlights how much McCormack has underachieved in his career due to his character flaws.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Ex White watch

Postby the flying pig » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:24 am


User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:01 am

the flying pig wrote:Semi interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -liverpool

Aye, interesting read, that.
One question occurred to me.
There's no shortage of rich blokes ready to stick there hand in their pockets to put money into men's football.
Why are there no rich women prepared to do the same for women's football and stop clubs from folding?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:56 pm

There isn't an opportunity to make money?

It isn't popular enough for any real celebrity status?

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Their isn't an opportunity to make money ?

It isn't popular enough for any real celebrity status?

I normally pass on shocking English, Mr R, I'd have no time for owt else if I didn't, but that's a zinger.
:salute:
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Ex White watch

Postby jackos » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:34 pm

the flying pig wrote:Semi interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -liverpool


Aye. We all remember what a fantastic supporter of Leeds Ladies Chris was during his time at ER don't we? Don't we?

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Their isn't an opportunity to make money ?

It isn't popular enough for any real celebrity status?

I normally pass on shocking English, Mr R, I'd have no time for owt else if I didn't, but that's a zinger.
:salute:


Auto correct and a lazy Saturday. My sincere apologies.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Their isn't an opportunity to make money ?

It isn't popular enough for any real celebrity status?

I normally pass on shocking English, Mr R, I'd have no time for owt else if I didn't, but that's a zinger.
:salute:


Auto correct and a lazy Saturday. My sincere apologies.

Nah, autocorrect doesn't make that kind of mistake, people do.
Autocorrect doesn't allow a possessive adjective followed by a copula verb.

But apology accepted, and I also apologise, shouldn't be so picky.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:16 pm

It does on my phone but clearly my mistake Im not in the habit of checking a post for grammatical errors.

But don't apologise for who you are(within reason). Nothing wrong with being picky.

User avatar
Devi
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Crystal Palarse

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Devi » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:02 pm

Mustafaster wrote:shocking English


Mustafaster wrote:that's a zinger.


I see US English is your specialism then? ;-)

#ownpetard
I like it. What is it?

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Ex White watch

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 am

A curiosity for anyone who was attending games in the mid-eighties. I was idly scrolling down our list of managers on Wiki.

Apparently, on 11 October 1985, one Peter Gunby was manager for a single day between the sacking of Eddie and the appointment of Billy. He’s listed as having been a player for us without a single appearance, and had no other managerial career.

Anyone remember anything about the circumstances around this?

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Ex White watch

Postby the flying pig » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:40 am

eric olthwaite wrote:A curiosity for anyone who was attending games in the mid-eighties. I was idly scrolling down our list of managers on Wiki.

Apparently, on 11 October 1985, one Peter Gunby was manager for a single day between the sacking of Eddie and the appointment of Billy. He’s listed as having been a player for us without a single appearance, and had no other managerial career.

Anyone remember anything about the circumstances around this?


i rememer gunby well enough, had a nice 'tasche, stayed on as a coach for maybe all of bremner's time as manager. not sure what he did before or after his time at leeds.

[edit]

that's him, #16 - pretty much as i remember... according to wiki he was already in his 50s then, maybe used grecian2000 or similar?

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/features ... s-1986-87/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Gunby

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Ex White watch

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:57 am

The (mildly) interesting bit is that we had three managers on one day according to Wiki - a Friday without a match. So I guess Eddie was sacked in the morning, Gunby appointed to take training, then by the end of the day we'd robbed Billy from Donny Rovers.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eric olthwaite, simon from cleck and 2 guests